RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-06, 02:42 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

There goes Jay-Z's career..

IP:

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 02:58 PM   #2
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

IP:

lol dont forget on makevelli's album the don killumanti the 7 day theory there's Me And My Girlfriend and on the blueprint 2 there's "Me and my girlfriend" with beyonce knowles SAME BEAT SAME HOOK just with beyonce added to it it like damn he didnt even bite no lyrics he stole the whole fuckin song!
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 03:00 PM   #3
.Eternal.
inFAMOUS

IP:

shits old man..u jus found this shit out?
Old 05-11-06, 03:18 PM   #4
LaTiNKiTTeN
...i'm da nicest...

IP:

yeah he did found it googling lol,
just like that aids conspiracy thread
Send a message via AIM to LaTiNKiTTeN   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 03:33 PM   #5
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

IP:

I still don't trip off this shit, he's basically quoting famous ass lines, to supplement his shit and everything he DOES write is just as hot if not hotter. Then, if you really listen, lots of it is just famous Hip Hop sayings, not like he's really "biting" like everyone is trying to say. Then especially near the end he says shit with the same rhythm and rhyme scheme and they call it "biting", pretty homo if you ask me. =/

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 05-11-06, 03:35 PM   #6
13th.
©

IP:

wow.....thats alot of biting!
Old 05-11-06, 03:42 PM   #7
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

IP:

so if someone takes a concept you started and said the same thing or flipped it, you'd be happy go lucky that they went platinum off it and you were still just a local artist?...cuz Jay-Z HAS done that as well ya know

"What More Can I Say" was originally something that Lupe Fiasco (Chicago native) did years aGo, he just re-wrote parts and shit but the basic concept and beat were pretty much the same

as well as something by another Chicago rapper named Payroll, I just can't ever remember which song he took from him...but it's on the 1st BluePrint album where Kanye did the hook to his song...that's not Jay-Z beat or song

basically, Kanye West used to do beats for Payroll and gave Jay-Z the beat, hook and concept for a song that wasn't his to begin with

and that's just Chicago, imagine how many other cities there's niggas that Jay-Z has stolen from all over the WORLD, not even just the U.S. man, shit...Jay-Z is a rap magician, it's all smoke and mirrors, tricks of the trade...one BIG ass illusion

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by L. Veracity : 05-11-06 at 03:51 PM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-06, 10:15 PM   #10
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

"Givin props" lmao ok. he's been "givin props" for a long time then, since what 1989?

And yeah bitches, It's new to me, so THERE!!

Speakin of which lmao, anyone seen the vid for wet wipes yet?

Peep the chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTiNKiTTeN
yeah he did found it googling lol,
just like that aids conspiracy thread

no you stupid clown, I heard it on a mixtape. You know mixtapes right? The shit you'll never be on?

yeaaahh. now you remember em.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 03:59 AM   #11
Valerie
Can u guess 2v's Gender?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
"Givin props" lmao ok. he's been "givin props" for a long time then, since what 1989?

And yeah bitches, It's new to me, so THERE!!

Speakin of which lmao, anyone seen the vid for wet wipes yet?

Peep the chain

no you stupid clown, I heard it on a mixtape. You know mixtapes right? The shit you'll never be on?

yeaaahh. now you remember em.

lmfao @ this .
Old 05-16-06, 11:12 AM   #12
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
1. this is years old cant believe uu jus found it its been posted on this site tons of times

2. this is just gonna be another of the 10 million threads bout whether jay is a biter or not

3. jay is not bitin dam for the last time go listen to the tracks n u understand most that shit is said in intros and outros n all the lines like the biggies 1s that he supposedly bit where the lines that made big famous from his dope flow n wordplay on it, every1 knows these are bigs lines its completly ovious he is givin props

I agree 100%. This is ridiculous. If this is biting, then 98% of rappers did it before. Half of you kids just listen to this "biting" song that some idiot put together, obviously not even hearing the entire song, and say, "Jay-Z is a biter...". These are just quotables and shit that he puts at the beginning and end of some of his song. They are not in the middle or even sounding remotely close to "biting"

Wow...just reading half of these post just gets you upset on the ignorance of this site. I'm one of the biggest Jay fans. I feel he's tha best rapper EVER, and I'll still defend this nigga in a clear murder charge or some shit, (no homo shit, or no nut hanging type shit..) this guy is just an influence to me. But, I'm willing to say he's a biter if I can get 1 person say they heard every Jay-Z track ever, and still say he's a biter. Cause this is ridiculous. I'd bet all the money in the world, everyone saying Jay's a biter hasn't heard the whole songs, just the lines. Of course it would seem like biting if it's just a line.

One line that Jay said that I have no explanation for, that I am looking for is in Blueprint: Never Change

when he said...

"From the womb to the tomb, from now until my doom
Drink army from one cup pass it around the room, that's the ritual"

Last edited by J Dot : 05-16-06 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-11-06, 03:53 PM   #13
-TeamOne-
Is Betta Than You

IP:

this is old as hell heard it like 2 1/2 years ago, camron didnt make that shyt he jus put his voice on it, therefor HE bit that lmao
Old 05-11-06, 03:57 PM   #14
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

IP:

dawg I never said he was a producer...it's unethical for a producer to sell a beat to someone that's tryina get signed and then sell the same beat to a bigger named artist, besides that, I'd bet that JAy-Z knew someone else did a song to it before him cuz he prolly heard it and that's why he wanted it...either way, he steals from other people and that Lupe Fiasco song was done some years ago, WAY before Jay-Z's the Balck Album came out cuz my girl from Chicago heard it before...and she knows Payroll personally cuz SHE's his producer right now

either way you look at it, Jay-Z is a biter, PERIOD

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote