RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-06, 02:38 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

It's official: No more "sinful" tracks from me

IP:

I've been going through a metamorphosis lately. Much of this I have God to thank for. And, I'd like to publicly declare my faith in Jesus Christ. I believe that God died for my sins and that I am saved through His grace. No man can judge me and there is no condemnation to me now that my heart and soul belong to Christ. This isn't a new thing or a "jail house" conversion as some of you may be thinking. I've always held to a conviction that God was on my side and loved me. I just detoured and entered into this back slidden state. I was recently baptized and joined a new church at the end of 2005. I can now say that I'm on the right road to becomming the man of God that He's pre-ordained me to be.

I won't be making any more "gangster" themed songs or "club" themed songs as long as I can help it. I feel a conviction in my spirit that that's wrong on my part. From now on, all of my songs will be gospel themed, life themed, or philosophically/politically themed. No one is perfect and we are all sinners. And, I struggle with trying to do right like the next man. The difference is, I confess my weaknesses to God and trust in Him to forgive me and lead me along the right path.

I'm not a "Christian" rapper. But, I am no longer a rapper who you'll be hearing "damaging" tracks from.

P.S....To those who will take a stance and say that I don't have a "right" to represent God because of my struggles with my issues (sexuality), to you I say, "judge not lest ye be judged." No one in this world doesn't struggle with SOMETHING God deems a sin. The bible condemns pride and fornication as much as the sexual sin I wrestle with. So, let's focus on what's important here, acknowledging Jesus as Lord of all and accepting Him as your savior.

That's all people.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 01-15-06 at 02:43 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 02:39 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP:

Dn't get me wrong Q, I'm proud of you, but damn you like the 8th rv nigga to find god. It's like a fad now.
Old 01-15-06, 02:48 PM   #3
Acuity
Rastafari Walk Tall

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Dn't get me wrong Q, I'm proud of you, but damn you like the 8th rv nigga to find god. It's like a fad now.

CO-SIGN.............................................. ..

"His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings of Ethiopia and Elect of God"

Blog

Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web Designer

Old 01-15-06, 02:45 PM   #4
ksr
Middle Weight

IP:

dont be another good rapper lost to that type of idealism
go head n make religious tracks, but keep doin wut u've been doin before
kanye west spread his message with 'jesus walks', but name a christian rapper that's even close to being popular or heard.... if u go religious, the only people who will listen to the messages that ur puttin out will already agree with them
Old 01-15-06, 03:05 PM   #5
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive
dont be another good rapper lost to that type of idealism
go head n make religious tracks, but keep doin wut u've been doin before
kanye west spread his message with 'jesus walks', but name a christian rapper that's even close to being popular or heard.... if u go religious, the only people who will listen to the messages that ur puttin out will already agree with them

Don't get me wrong, I plan to make tracks relevant to life because I'm also a realist. I said I will be making NO more "gangster" or "club" songs.

And Enygma...good goin bro

Stay in that word man...the only way to equip yourself to deal with the ideologies that make it hard to lead a sin-free life--or a less sinful one.

Old 01-15-06, 03:02 PM   #6
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP:

That's good to hear Q.......I am also saved. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior back in the summer of 2003. I haven't been as sinless as I would have hoped to have been, but I'm trying a different way to getting the message spread. I want to show people that you can lead a normal life and still go to heaven......you just have to live your life for Jesus Christ
Old 01-15-06, 06:05 PM   #7
Blay'all

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enygma
That's good to hear Q.......I am also saved. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior back in the summer of 2003. I haven't been as sinless as I would have hoped to have been, but I'm trying a different way to getting the message spread. I want to show people that you can lead a normal life and still go to heaven......you just have to live your life for Jesus Christ

i hate the term "saved"...

i mean no hate, thats awesome what you said, but in general just speaking of that word, its thrown around WAY too much by Baptists who think you just have some moment when you're automatically saved, then for the rest of your life you're going to heaven and everybody else is going to hell... i hate that, i (and most people at my church, Episcopalian) think of an everyday saving... you have to work to get closer and closer to God everyday of your life, its not a one time thing... i believe in salvation and the repentence of your sins, NOT just becoming "saved" then all of a sudden being a saint...

oh yeah, and attaboy Q
dont listen to the haters

but just dont be afraid to express your sinful thoughts through music, thats the only problem i have with Christian artists... everybody has un-Godly thoughts, and music is completely expression to me, so therefore its a tool to express any emotions you have, if you cant do that then music loses its whole meaning...

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 01-15-06, 06:11 PM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Carolina

i mean no hate, thats awesome what you said, but in general just speaking of that word, its thrown around WAY too much by Baptists who think you just have some moment when you're automatically saved, then for the rest of your life you're going to heaven and everybody else is going to hell... i hate that, i (and most people at my church, Episcopalian) think of an everyday saving... you have to work to get closer and closer to God everyday of your life, its not a one time thing... i believe in salvation and the repentence of your sins, NOT just becoming "saved" then all of a sudden being a saint...

oh yeah, and attaboy Q

but just dont be afraid to express your sinful thoughts through music, thats the only problem i have with Christian artists... everybody has un-Godly thoughts, and music is completely expression to me, so therefore its a tool to express any emotions you have, if you cant do that then music loses its whole meaning...

There's a difference between expressing what I think/feel and promoting it...

That's why I said I'll still make songs about life and philosophical concepts...

But, the biggest "change" is that I'll be dedicating some songs specifically to God as "gospel" rap.

Preciate the encouragement though
Old 01-15-06, 06:16 PM   #9
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP:

Quote:

oh yeah, and attaboy Q

I know what you mean, but being saved is the first step to going to heaven. It says in the bible that you cannot go to heaven if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and when you do, it is considered being saved. This is the biggest thing that you will need to do to go to heaven. I know that there is much more to do after you are saved, but nothing is more tough than saying outloud in front of people that you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and Savior.

And to all those people that are getting on Tha Q saying that being a homo is a sin and God would not want to be represented by him.....well, the bible also says that all sins are equal. You can say a cuss word and it is the same in God's eyes as you killing someone....he said it is wrong, so you shouldn't do it. Now, with that said.....the bible also says that Jesus died for our sins, so it is through him that us sinners are allowed into heaven....you just have to believe in him and try to lead a good christian life.....and also repent
Old 01-15-06, 07:29 PM   #10
Blay'all

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by enygma
I know that there is much more to do after you are saved, but nothing is more tough than saying outloud in front of people that you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and Savior.

and that is exactly what you are NOT supposed to do... lol, thats what i have a problem with... your relationship with God is your business and is supposed to be kept private... havent u heard that verse about praying in the corner of your room with the door shut? getting close with God isnt supposed to be scary or hard, and you arent supposed to have to prove it to anybody like alot of churches require in order to become a member... psh, thats a joke.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 01-15-06, 08:08 PM   #11
Ca'lam
The Light

IP:

Quote:
and that is exactly what you are NOT supposed to do... lol, thats what i have a problem with... your relationship with God is your business and is supposed to be kept private... havent u heard that verse about praying in the corner of your room with the door shut? getting close with God isnt supposed to be scary or hard, and you arent supposed to have to prove it to anybody like alot of churches require in order to become a member... psh, thats a joke.

ACTUALLY in the bibles is encourages the spreading of thge word of jesus.... IF you want yo be real and use facts. Christianity, was spread by jesus in groups. Bible WANTS you to pray amongst your brothern.. so no. It doesent have to be all private and shite. Maybe your religion is just different

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 01-15-06, 05:23 PM   #12
Magic5

IP:

Way to throw "Five Source Entertainment" out of the window. That shit had an extremely minimal chance to become known, but now it's pretty much at 0. Good decision making.
Old 01-15-06, 05:31 PM   #13
villagepimp
Geaux Fuck Yourself

IP:

Congrats Q, I'm glad to hear it.

Some people don't recognize exactly what you are talking about here, because they have never been brought to the light, or choose to not accept the fact that there is a God.

However, some of us are not smart enough to follow the path less followed, so thus, I'm still looking at eternal damnation. Damn. That sucks.

King of Missouri

I Fucked Mack's Mom. And I Liked It.

-[p-S-a]-
2003-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
^dude it's poetic, what did you expect? He believed his ex still loved him after cheating on him with 9 guys and 1 girl.

Send a message via AIM to villagepimp Send a message via MSN to villagepimp Send a message via Yahoo to villagepimp   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 05:46 PM   #14
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

I dont support it.
I doubt if the Lord would like to be represented by a flaming homosexual.
but, I dont know.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-06, 07:12 PM   #15
Magic5

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
I dont support it.
I doubt if the Lord would like to be represented by a flaming homosexual.
but, I dont know.

For real. Tha Q is so fucking hypocritical it's kind of sad. "I'm going to do my best to be as sin free as I can.. but on the side I'll have sex with men and ignore that part of the Bible!"

Stupid as shit. Either be sin free or don't. The Bible isn't something where you just like, pick the parts you want to follow and throw the other parts out. But, by doing that you're just making yourself look retarded as fuck.. which we're all used to seeing, so it's whatever.