RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-07, 10:24 PM   #46
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3223 240D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
?

a triangle with four sides does not exist because then it would be a quad-angle.

please stop.

Edit:

quadangle probably being a square. Still, there's a reason it's called a Tri-Angle. Your example was absolutely terrible, mine made sense, You just disagree with the example so you're giving me shit. You really suck at this, and I don't care if you think I'm ignorant, It's quite obvious you are.

By your logic non-existence itself can exist. I used your example, as well as the four sided triangle example.

I think that's enough for us to safely assume that your logic has gone wrong somewhere.

Like you said, there is a reason a triangle is called a triangle. It has three angles and three sides. There is also a reason Atheists are called Atheists, it is because they do not believe in the existence of a God or gods.

Any shape with three sides is a triangle. Any person who does not believe in the existence of deities is an Atheist. It doesn't matter whether the triangle is equilateral or isosceles, it's still a triangle. It doesn't matter whether an Atheist attempts to impose their beliefs on others or keeps them private, they are still an Atheist.

That is my argument against what you're saying. Your argument against what I am saying, so far consists of "A triangle with four sides doesn't exist because it is a square," "please stop," "you suck at this," and "I don't care if you think I'm ignorant." Please include an explanation of what your argument against what I'm saying actually is, because truth be told, I'm a bit slow and I didn't manage to catch it in what you said in your last reply.
Old 12-12-07, 10:34 PM   #47
сварливый

IP: 30B6 8894

When you do not believe in something, you do not take the time to fight it.

You won't pay it any mind because it's not part of your thoughts, you have no belief in it. You wouldn't take the time to give a spaghetti monster your attention, you wouldn't take the time to give nothing your attention (and you will say this one is because you physically can't) and that's fine. Nothing doesn't exist but to define nothing is to give it some existence. Void is existent in logic but not existent in our surroundings. You know this crap, why are you making a big deal out of some fucking non existent triangle? You're obviously trying to start stupid shit about "nothing" . Which is giving "Nothing" Meaning.

that was my fucking example. Do you understand now?

Lemme just ASSUME you haven't strung it together yet.

God in this example, is nothing. He can't be proved to not exist because we don't know where he is, what he's made of, what he does for us and we can't see him.

Same goes for 'nothing'.

But like some believe in God, I believe that nothing exists somewhere. Are you catching this?

You don't concern yourself with 'nothing' because you believe it's impossible to be. I don't concern myself with 'God' because I believe it's impossible to be. SAME-FUCKING-THING.

Kay? We on the same page now?

An atheist doesn't concern himself with Religious beliefs, and especially doesn't take it to heart when someone says God is real. He does not force what he thinks unto others but simply let's it be known that he doesn't believe in an un-worldy being guiding humanity. He doesn't make it his duty to convert others to his belief because he realizes his belief is not a RELIGION. You following me?

So, as soon as a self-proclaimed Atheist attempts to do that, he's forcing his beliefs unto others, and taking it a step further to near-Religion. Which like I fucking explained very well in the topic opener, and you should have understood from the start, is Non-Atheist, but ANTI-GOD/GODS.

We know he's Anti-Religion, you fucktard. Maybe that's where you got confused, but Religion does NOT = God.

Is it clicking yet or are you a lost cause?

Edit:

Changed some punctuation.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|

Last edited by 2v : 12-12-07 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 10:50 PM   #48
Nejji Bangaz
Addicted

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: E343 08E1

Agnostism >>> Atheism

http://www.myspace.com/inebriation927 hit me up bitch
Send a message via AIM to Nejji Bangaz Send a message via MSN to Nejji Bangaz   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-07, 10:55 PM   #49
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2998 9024

sex>>>masterbation
Old 12-12-07, 11:00 PM   #50
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I just don't think it makes sense... Why does it matter so much whether you think in your head "I don't believe in God, I am an Atheist," or whether you preach that to other people? Considering yourself an Atheist in the first place goes against everything you're saying, because it makes a statement about you. By saying you are Atheist, you are saying you do not believe in God/gods, therefore concerning yourself with God/gods. The exact thing you are saying Atheists should not be doing.

I think Atheists are allowed to argue against the existence of God/gods and impose their beliefs on others if they want to. Them doing that does not mean that God exists, nor does it mean they are becoming more like a religion. Religion isn't imposing your beliefs onto others, that is a generalization that you are making. Your are associating that behavior with "religions" and then assuming that people against religion (Atheists) shouldn't be allowed to do that particular thing.

Religions don't all impose their beliefs on others. I don't think you have an accurate view of what religion actually is, and what Atheism actually is.

Atheists are not against religion, they simply don't believe in a God or gods. Mahayana Buddhism is an Atheistic religion. Whatever the sect of Christianity is that thinks the bible is completely metaphorical, that is an Atheistic religion. For you to say that Atheists shouldn't spread their message or impose their beliefs onto others because it means they are becoming like a religion, that really isn't true.

By the way, it seems to me like you are overlooking the reality of what you are saying.

1. Atheists should not act like religious people do.
2. Any Atheist that does that is not a real Atheist.
3. To be a real Atheist, you must not behave like religious people do (by doing things like preaching your message, for example).

Well, you have just behaved like a religious person. That right there is 2v's first commandment of Atheism, which by your logic is contradictory. I don't agree with your logic, I think you are being obsessive about a detail that doesn't actually matter.

Last edited by Terumoto : 12-12-07 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 11:39 PM   #51
сварливый

Yeah, when crazy self-proclaimed atheists force the quitting of the national anthem in school because it says "Under God" and that effects their children, the detail that makes them atheist doesn't really matter. You're saying I'm contradicting myself by explaining what a true atheist is, and you're simply in disagreement.

You are wrong. Thank you for letting me know that you just disagree, instead of acting like you don't understand. Any atheist can see that I'm right. lol. You're just using your 'zen buddhist logic' crap to try and wash away the actual meaning. Here's why:
Old 12-12-07, 11:52 PM   #52
сварливый

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Yeah, I see what you're saying.

I just don't think it makes sense... Why does it matter so much whether you think in your head "I don't believe in God, I am an Atheist," or whether you preach that to other people? | Considering yourself an Atheist in the first place goes against everything you're saying, because it makes a statement about you. | By saying you are Atheist, you are saying you do not believe in God/gods, therefore concerning yourself with God/gods. The exact thing you are saying Atheists should not be doing.

I think Atheists are allowed to argue against the existence of God/gods and impose their beliefs on others if they want to. | Them doing that does not mean that God exists, nor does it mean they are becoming more like a religion. Religion isn't imposing your beliefs onto others, that is a generalization that you are making. Your are associating that behavior with "religions" and then assuming that people against religion (Atheists) shouldn't be allowed to do that particular thing.

Religions don't all impose their beliefs on others. I don't think you have an accurate view of what religion actually is, and what Atheism actually is.

Atheists are not against religion, they simply don't believe in a God or gods. | Mahayana Buddhism is an Atheistic religion. Whatever the sect of Christianity is that thinks the bible is completely metaphorical, that is an Atheistic religion. For you to say that Atheists shouldn't spread their message or impose their beliefs onto others because it means they are becoming like a religion, that really isn't true.

By the way, it seems to me like you are overlooking the reality of what you are saying.

1. Atheists should not act like religious people do.
2. Any Atheist that does that is not a real Atheist.
3. To be a real Atheist, you must not behave like religious people do (by doing things like preaching your message, for example).

Well, you have just behaved like a religious person. That right there is 2v's first commandment of Atheism, which by your logic is contradictory. I don't agree with your logic, I think you are being obsessive about a detail that doesn't actually matter.

Split by bars, on through the list of bolded shit, first bolded line:
I never said you can't preach it to other people in a means of sharing your opinion. I said you can't preach it like a fucking preacher because it's not a Religion.

Second bolded sentence:
Oh, it makes a statement about me and makes me contradict myself. Whoaaaakay.

Third bolded sentence:
Thanks for agreeing with me. Read early on and you'll see that I did say that concerning yourself with God/Gods makes you un-Atheist, and you had a problem with that. Now you're agreeing. Sad sad.

Fourth:
Oh yeah! Definitely. Impose all you want, but make it your job to convince them and you're fucking with heads, concerning yourself with Gods, and NOT ATHEIST. you contradicted yourself.

Fifth:
What? Preach? Well hell yeah Atheists shouldn't preach like a fucking preacher. It isn't their job, they shouldn't give a shit if they are true Atheists, they should just pity the believers. Maybe you're misunderstanding this, nevermind. You are.

Sixth:
"Atheists isn't against religion, they simply don't believe in a God or Gods" I never said they were against religion. I said they don't believe in one. There's a HUGE difference, and we both know they don't believe in a God or Gods. Quit defining it buddy.

Seventh:
As before stated, impose and share your beliefs, but don't make it a job. Don't make it a charity. Don't make it a life-altering thing, share your opinion and get the fuck out.

Eighth:
You don't agree. 'nuff said. You're wrong. shut up.
Old 12-13-07, 01:31 AM   #53
J Summers

IP: 5E13 0D18

all the new cats always come on this site and dis q....funny shit is regardless of how lame this site is... when its done and gone... if someone asked what do you remember about r.v. mofuckers gon say... the q...
Old 12-13-07, 03:09 AM   #54
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
Split by bars, on through the list of bolded shit, first bolded line:
I never said you can't preach it to other people in a means of sharing your opinion. I said you can't preach it like a fucking preacher because it's not a Religion.

Second bolded sentence:
Oh, it makes a statement about me and makes me contradict myself. Whoaaaakay.

Third bolded sentence:
Thanks for agreeing with me. Read early on and you'll see that I did say that concerning yourself with God/Gods makes you un-Atheist, and you had a problem with that. Now you're agreeing. Sad sad.

Fourth:
Oh yeah! Definitely. Impose all you want, but make it your job to convince them and you're fucking with heads, concerning yourself with Gods, and NOT ATHEIST. you contradicted yourself.

Fifth:
What? Preach? Well hell yeah Atheists shouldn't preach like a fucking preacher. It isn't their job, they shouldn't give a shit if they are true Atheists, they should just pity the believers. Maybe you're misunderstanding this, nevermind. You are.

Sixth:
"Atheists isn't against religion, they simply don't believe in a God or Gods" I never said they were against religion. I said they don't believe in one. There's a HUGE difference, and we both know they don't believe in a God or Gods. Quit defining it buddy.

Seventh:
As before stated, impose and share your beliefs, but don't make it a job. Don't make it a charity. Don't make it a life-altering thing, share your opinion and get the fuck out.

Eighth:
You don't agree. 'nuff said. You're wrong. shut up.

1: You are generalizing and being opinionated.

2: Please read and at least try to grasp the things that I say to you.

3: Once again, try to comprehend and understand the points I make. Maybe go back and re-read this one.

4: Atheists concern themselves with God/gods merely by being Atheist. For exactly the reasons you have been saying all along. Think about what I'm telling you, I don't want to hear the same sort of reply from you again.

5: Unless the actions of an Atheist directly oppose Atheism, that person is a real Atheist. Preaching does not directly oppose Atheism, especially if somebody is preaching an Atheistic message.

6: "An atheist doesn't concern himself with Religious beliefs, and especially doesn't take it to heart when someone says God is real." Here you are saying that an Atheist cannot have religious beliefs. I am telling you Atheism has nothing to do with religion, and there are religions that are Atheistic. Atheism is simply not believing in God/gods. I apologize for defining it so much, but even now it seems like I still need to define it for you.

7: I'm not going to define Atheism again. Atheists who do the things you are saying they can't or shouldn't do are just as Atheist as those who don't do such things. Unless you are somehow the all-knowing, unquestionable leader of Atheism, I don't think you have the authority to impose rules onto Atheists and judge which Atheist is "real" and which isn't. Also, the reasoning behind what you're saying is unsound.

8: How old are you? (not a rhetorical question, I actually want to know)

___

To be honest, what I think is going on here is exactly what I said to you in reply to your pm. You make this thread trying to show us that you are a real Atheist, and are therefore better than all the fake Atheists out there. Your logic is fundamentally flawed, because your definitions are your own, they aren't even clear or explained.

You just talk, then when people disagree, to you they seem wrong because if you look at your arguments from your point of view, with the definitions that only you know and that you haven't been kind enough to share with us, then your arguments are correct. I've even asked you to give definitions before and you ignored me request.

If you would share with me your definition of "Atheism," "real Atheist," "religion," "concern," "against," and "exist," I'm sure I would be able to say to you "hey yeah, you know what, when you look at it that way you are actually right." I think that would be difficult though, because of the nature of your definitions.

Why is it you have to tell everybody they are wrong and idiotic for not agreeing with you? To tell you the truth, I'm really looking hard for a way for you to be right, but you just keep saying things that make absolutely no sense in regard to the widely accepted definitions of what you're talking about.

What do you want? Do you want to be better than us? Me? Anybody that you converse with? It certainly looks like it. I'll give you a tip though. You're making a fool of yourself, the way you make your points and regard your opinion as indisputable truth resembles the behavior of a child. Right now, most, if not all of the people that enjoy talking about stuff like this think you aren't worth wasting time on because you are a thick-headed imbecile without the capacity to see the validity of any opinion except your own. At first I didn't agree, but the more you post the more I'm compelled to look at you in the same way.

Anyway, I've been rambling on about bullshit for a while. If your next reply is as ghastly as your others have been, I might have to give up on this conversation.
Old 12-13-07, 03:35 AM   #55
сварливый

All I said was a true Atheist doesn't give a fuck about Religion because he doesn't believe in God.

Is that not hard to understand? Does that not make sense to you ? An atheist doesn't sit there fighting God because he doesn't believe in it.

He shares his views but he does NOT ARGUE OVER A GOD, HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN ONE.

It's like you COMPLETELY passed over the thought, you just ignore it every time I bring it up, it's there, take it for what it is, and respond to that.

Just because I did not include that not every Religion has a God, I'm suddenly wrong. Ok. Dude. Like I said, shut up. Atheistic Religions are a whole-nother subject. We're on ATHEISM, and I haven't spewed one lie about it.

Atheists don't and can't preach what they believe in like a preacher in a church of God or Islam would because it is simply not a Religion. They can understand views and they will sit there and listen and give you theirs, but when they tell you that YOU are wrong about your beliefs in God when they absolutely know they don't believe in it because of reasons they cannot prove, they are not Atheist. They are Anti-God, they are fighting the God that they believe in, every Atheist has to know what a God is but they don't have to believe they exist.

Respond to this, and nothing else.
Old 12-13-07, 04:21 AM   #56
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
All I said was a true Atheist doesn't give a fuck about Religion because he doesn't believe in God.

Is that not hard to understand? Does that not make sense to you ? An atheist doesn't sit there fighting God because he doesn't believe in it.

He shares his views but he does NOT ARGUE OVER A GOD, HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN ONE.

It's like you COMPLETELY passed over the thought, you just ignore it every time I bring it up, it's there, take it for what it is, and respond to that.

Just because I did not include that not every Religion has a God, I'm suddenly wrong. Ok. Dude. Like I said, shut up. Atheistic Religions are a whole-nother subject. We're on ATHEISM, and I haven't spewed one lie about it.

Atheists don't and can't preach what they believe in like a preacher in a church of God or Islam would because it is simply not a Religion. They can understand views and they will sit there and listen and give you theirs, but when they tell you that YOU are wrong about your beliefs in God when they absolutely know they don't believe in it because of reasons they cannot prove, they are not Atheist. They are Anti-God, they are fighting the God that they believe in, every Atheist has to know what a God is but they don't have to believe they exist.

Respond to this, and nothing else.

I don't agree that Atheistic religions are a whole different story. A person can be a part of both Mayahana Buddhism and Atheism, and there would be nothing contradictory in that person's beliefs.

I'll fix your statement: "A true Atheist doesn't give a fuck about Theistic religions because he doesn't believe in God." There. I know that's what you meant, and I agree with it.

It's true that an Atheist doesn't sit there fighting God, because they wouldn't be fighting anything, since they believe that God doesn't exist. It makes no sense. I see what you are saying. However, I think that an Atheist opposing God isn't literally opposed to God, he is opposed to people having views that he believes to be incorrect and imposing those views on others as some religions (especially Theistic religions) tend to do.

To me, it doesn't look like preaching or not preaching has anything to do with Atheism or people being true Atheists. There are Atheism seminars where knowledgeable Atheists speak to audiences about Atheism. In reality that is similar to a Christian preacher preaching to a church mass.

I think I understand what you're talking about. Because of the nature of Atheism as something as equally unprovable (based on faith) as any religion, but lacking the qualities religions have that cause religious people to want to preach their views to save people, it would be foolish for Atheists to actively oppose people who believe in God/s (or in other words, be "anti-God"). Is that what you mean?

While I do agree with that, I still don't think it makes an Atheist any less real, because if you go by the definition "A person who does not believe in God/s," then technically they are still Atheist. They are stupid, idiotic, illogical Atheists, but Atheists nonetheless.

If you go by a definition like "A person who does not believe in God/s, sees belief in God/s as illogical, and behaves in a way that is congruent with this," then what you are saying about anybody that is anti-God not being a real Atheist is true.

... I think this is all figured out now. Is there anything you disagree with?

Last edited by Terumoto : 12-13-07 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-13-07, 04:22 AM   #57
Chris Stylez
Semper Fi

IP: 640D 9A37

Celibacy>sexy
Abstenence>Celibacy

Aids & unwanted Pregnancy>A life with out sexy

You figure it out

Project List

The Classick Mixtape Vol (8/18)
Age Of Consent Mixtape Vol 1(16/16)
The Classick Album(2/16)
S&S Express E.P.(1/10)

Lot of back to back shit. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Chris Stylez : 12-13-07 at 04:25 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Chris Stylez Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Stylez   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-07, 05:06 AM   #58
сварливый

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I don't agree that Atheistic religions are a whole different story. A person can be a part of both Mayahana Buddhism and Atheism, and there would be nothing contradictory in that person's beliefs.

I'll fix your statement: "A true Atheist doesn't give a fuck about Theistic religions because he doesn't believe in God." There. I know that's what you meant, and I agree with it.

It's true that an Atheist doesn't sit there fighting God, because they wouldn't be fighting anything, since they believe that God doesn't exist. It makes no sense. I see what you are saying. However, I think that an Atheist opposing God isn't literally opposed to God, he is opposed to people having views that he believes to be incorrect and imposing those views on others as some religions (especially Theistic religions) tend to do.

To me, it doesn't look like preaching or not preaching has anything to do with Atheism or people being true Atheists. There are Atheism seminars where knowledgeable Atheists speak to audiences about Atheism. In reality that is similar to a Christian preacher preaching to a church mass.

I think I understand what you're talking about. Because of the nature of Atheism as something as equally unprovable (based on faith) as any religion, but lacking the qualities religions have that cause religious people to want to preach their views to save people, it would be foolish for Atheists to actively oppose people who believe in God/s (or in other words, be "anti-God"). Is that what you mean?

While I do agree with that, I still don't think it makes an Atheist any less real, because if you go by the definition "A person who does not believe in God/s," then technically they are still Atheist. They are stupid, idiotic, illogical Atheists, but Atheists nonetheless.

If you go by a definition like "A person who does not believe in God/s, sees belief in God/s as illogical, and behaves in a way that is congruent with this," then what you are saying about anybody that is anti-God not being a real Atheist is true.

... I think this is all figured out now. Is there anything you disagree with?

you nearly hit it dead on.

except the whole "Illogical Atheists" thing. Atheists consider themself more logical than the believers of Theistic Religions because they don't consider themselves sheep or foolish. For them to be stupid because they simply don't believe in God(s) is also wrong. It's stupid for them SPEAK OUT against other Religions. People believe stupid shit all the time, but to force your stupid ass beliefs unto others is Non-Atheist. But Atheists are smart and need to make a point, in which they cannot when talking against Religion, except for obvious shit like "Your whole Religion is an analogy" lol. So when they combat Religion by saying beliefs are stupid, they are wrong and not atheist. Just ... as I said before, Anti-God.

But now I'm curious Terumoto, what was it that made me confuse you ? Did I have a bad use of words or sentences? Wasn't thorough enough? Covered the wrong ground? All of the above? Please inform me so I know how to address you better next time. I'm glad I don't have to shower this post with "You're an idiot".
Old 12-13-07, 05:11 AM   #59
сварливый

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stylez
Celibacy>sexy
Abstenence>Celibacy

Aids & unwanted Pregnancy>A life with out sexy

You figure it out

There once was a man who found Toes sexy, especially ones that had painted pink toe nails. It was just down-right hot to him.

He had never had sex in his life, but he did dream about sleeping with feet, in a non-sexual way.

He got boners from these types of feet.

And married a woman who later had sex with him after he got turned on by her feet, but he didn't let her know that was the reason why.

Later she got fat, as he got old, she got diabetes and her leg below the knee had to be amputated. They divorced because he had lost his sexy.

But he still lost his virginity.

The End.
Old 12-13-07, 05:56 AM   #60
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2v
you nearly hit it dead on.

except the whole "Illogical Atheists" thing. Atheists consider themself more logical than the believers of Theistic Religions because they don't consider themselves sheep or foolish. For them to be stupid because they simply don't believe in God(s) is also wrong. It's stupid for them SPEAK OUT against other Religions. People believe stupid shit all the time, but to force your stupid ass beliefs unto others is Non-Atheist. But Atheists are smart and need to make a point, in which they cannot when talking against Religion, except for obvious shit like "Your whole Religion is an analogy" lol. So when they combat Religion by saying beliefs are stupid, they are wrong and not atheist. Just ... as I said before, Anti-God.

But now I'm curious Terumoto, what was it that made me confuse you ? Did I have a bad use of words or sentences? Wasn't thorough enough? Covered the wrong ground? All of the above? Please inform me so I know how to address you better next time. I'm glad I don't have to shower this post with "You're an idiot".

Well, I think it was because to understand the point you were trying to get across, it was necessary for me to think about Atheism differently. It seemed like you had some weird requirement for people to be Atheist, which is why I kept saying that definition of it and that anyone who had that belief was Atheist no matter what their actions.

Also, the term "preaching" I saw as spreading a message to an audience and I didn't see it as a strictly religious thing.

When you said "but when they tell you that YOU are wrong about your beliefs in God when they absolutely know they don't believe in it because of reasons they cannot prove," that's when I saw the point of what you were saying; how it had to do with the actual dynamics of Atheism and the nature of the kind of beliefs an Atheist has.

Personally, I think your initial post didn't explain your point well enough, and said stuff that was unnecessary which made it even more unclear.. Then there was that whole sidetrack thing about "nothing" where everybody had different definitions of "existence."

And one more thing, like I said before I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but it isn't just me that missed the point in what you were saying. I think I am the first person to actually "get" your argument and agree with you. So, I suppose either everyone who read your posts needs to improve their comprehension skills, or you need to learn how to express yourself with a bit more clarity and eloquence.