RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-05, 05:16 PM   #1
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Official Word from 'The Majors'

IP:

ok ok, anyone who didn't knwo Doomsday's, I am, and have been for months, a ground floor member of The Rush Ent. We have (and are) the "record deal" as we're legally bound, registered and certified in the state of PA and have a Management team certified, and registered in PA ("Renaissance") and I'm looking into the particulars of buying a production company as a sub division of The Rush Ent. As a result, we're shopping for a Distribution deal from a major (as G-Unit is a sub of Shady as shady is a sub of Aftermath as aftermath is a sub of who ever the hell Dre is under, think it's interscope) Anywho, we're pumping out our demo and samplers all over the place and here's what the major labels that we've spoken to so far have to say:

Warner Bros: wants to hear our second sample CD. Likes our producers (G-Wiz and Kilelr Khi) likes our mc's J-Bridge, Killer Khi, Doomsday Ox.

Sony: can't remember what they said off hand. shame on me.

Bad Boy: listened and was highly interested but I can't discuss what happend here.

Def Jam: Similar to WB, but no request for the second CD as yet. Says they like the sound and we're "Marketable". Says Gorilla Pimp (the Rocafella sub division) would stand an extremely high chance of signing us, but the sour thing is that we hear through the underground circut that GP isn't doing so hot and they're in debt, allegedly. Exposure would seem to be minimal at this point with GP due to these alleged standings, but this is assuming what we hear is true. Playing the "wait and see" on that one as we look into it more.

Some others like Nexx Level that I can't even discuss right now, but for anyone wondering what the situation was after I dropped my album or wondered what "The Rush" is and what its' about, now you know. We've had offers for deals from about 7 companies already but they're all either "one-hit onder" contracts where they market you heavy as hell, pump the living shit out of you, drop the album, then let you evaporate to make their "quick fix emcee" dollar. Other deals have been declined as a result of the company's contract not observing that we realize our worth and essentialyl them trying to get us at dollar store prices since they think we're some thirsty-ass emcees that'll take anything, which we aren't. Those listed above are things that came in the door on terms we can agree with and we're waiting to see the outcome and what the labels have to say, not rapejobs. The rapejobs were left out of this (for the most part). Um...that's about it. 1

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote