RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-05, 10:17 AM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

How beef/rumors start in the industry...

IP:

let's stop for a minute and remember that rap stars that have larger-than-life personas are still people, and at one time were "regular" people. So, many of these "beefs" and "rumors" we see and hear about have a base and some starting point. I actually sat back and thought about how and why some of these beefs and rumors can form. Well, here's what I concluded.

#1Take the incident with me and Omen. Neither of us are "signed", nor is it my personal goal to be signed. However, before he started going-off on this "I'm with this label now" trip, he and I were thinking about starting our own thing. Then, he jumped onto the current project he's on. Human nature should tell you that even though I'm not sweating it really, there would be feelings of resentment and abandonment. This is one way beef starts in the rap industry. Let's say Omen and I both "make it" in the industry in our own way, there will always been that animosity between us because of something so simple. That's the nature of beef; it NEVER really has a point.

#2...Gay rumors in the industry. There have always been rumors that this or that person is "gay" or "lesbian" in the industry. Well, where there's smoke there's fire people. Many of the rumors have bases. Take for instance the situation between me and Triple N where he and I used to talk nasty to each other, over AIM and on the phone. Now, I know what I said and I know what he said. So, if either of us ever "made it" and that came out, of course it'll seem like LIES and INNUENDO because of the Larger-than-life images. Truth is, what I said DID happen. Triple and I had cyber sex on many occasions. But, he has reason to deny. It's all about image. So, this is how rumors can get started in the industry. People have claimed that Diddy is bisexual and that Mase was his lover. Some people say Ja Rule is bi. Don't always dismiss these as publicity stunts. Like I said, where there is smoke there is fire.

#3...For those of you who say the I-net doesn't mean shit and is pointless, think again. Eminem had beef with cats because they were saying shit ON THE INTERNET! So, all this shit talking that we all like to do now can easily come back to haunt any one of us. Let's say two people on RV who hate each other's guts "make it" and end up at the same awards show. There's def. gonna be animosity there because of the hate they had for each other on the net. Words are words people. It doesn't matter if they are uttered on the net, the phone, or in person. They do their damage. So, this is another way beef starts in the industry.

Holla

Last edited by Tha Q. : 08-22-05 at 10:21 AM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote