RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-06, 02:38 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

It's official: No more "sinful" tracks from me

IP:

I've been going through a metamorphosis lately. Much of this I have God to thank for. And, I'd like to publicly declare my faith in Jesus Christ. I believe that God died for my sins and that I am saved through His grace. No man can judge me and there is no condemnation to me now that my heart and soul belong to Christ. This isn't a new thing or a "jail house" conversion as some of you may be thinking. I've always held to a conviction that God was on my side and loved me. I just detoured and entered into this back slidden state. I was recently baptized and joined a new church at the end of 2005. I can now say that I'm on the right road to becomming the man of God that He's pre-ordained me to be.

I won't be making any more "gangster" themed songs or "club" themed songs as long as I can help it. I feel a conviction in my spirit that that's wrong on my part. From now on, all of my songs will be gospel themed, life themed, or philosophically/politically themed. No one is perfect and we are all sinners. And, I struggle with trying to do right like the next man. The difference is, I confess my weaknesses to God and trust in Him to forgive me and lead me along the right path.

I'm not a "Christian" rapper. But, I am no longer a rapper who you'll be hearing "damaging" tracks from.

P.S....To those who will take a stance and say that I don't have a "right" to represent God because of my struggles with my issues (sexuality), to you I say, "judge not lest ye be judged." No one in this world doesn't struggle with SOMETHING God deems a sin. The bible condemns pride and fornication as much as the sexual sin I wrestle with. So, let's focus on what's important here, acknowledging Jesus as Lord of all and accepting Him as your savior.

That's all people.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 01-15-06 at 02:43 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote