RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-06, 04:49 PM   #1
Tha Q.
OYD

Are audio heads on this site afraid to try new things?

IP:

I've listened to some people on RV for quite a while now. And, I've come to this conclusion. Most people on this site are either unwilling to try new things, unable to try new things, or scared to try new things.

Think about it. Every emcee has his "bread and butter" flow that he can resort to when push comes to shove. You know, that flow that's comfortable and you know you can nail when needed. But, I rarely hear rappers on here push the limits of their flow and/or delivery.

I speculate that some people are afraid to fail. What else could it be? I know that when I make a song, I really want people to like it. But, to improve and develop different styles, you have to push the envelope and leave your comfort zone. Some people spit the same way on every track, no matter the beat. I think this is a travesty. Each beat deserves its own special flow/delivery, IMO. Therefore, I find myself giving the same feed over and over with some emcees.

I think people should be willing to "fail" in order to try new things. If you drop something "wack" in an attempt to be different, then that's commendable. Switch up your flow. Try a different tone in your voice for the delivery. And, what's most important to me, don't worry about how people will receive a track once you drop it.

Just do ya thing.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote