RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Rap Superstar
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-06, 01:45 PM   #15
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP:

March 25, 1989: the birth of Jessie Goessens. If you're wondering where the last name comes from, I have the Belgian nationality.
From the day I was born, I was the talk of the day. With my red shiny hair, I was the most viewed baby of the entire floor. Guess
I always liked being in the spotlight.

I grew up in a nice neighborhood with a small but loving family around me. I was the Benjamin so you could say that I was a bit of
spoiled kid. I had a quite normal childhood, besides the frequent name calling. Carrot Tops aren't always people's favorites you
know. It all changed when I started high school. The first week of high school, one of my best friends died all of a sudden. One
day he was there, the next he was gone. I will never ever forget that day. It made me lose faith in life. It took me a while to
get over the initial pain but even when I did...it wasn't quite the same. I started caring less and less about what my life was
like and got involved with the bad crowd. Did the dirty work (dealing) but I stopped after a few months. I figured it wasn't the
smartest thing to do with a cop as a dad. But I kept hustlin, did some things I ain't very proud of but it made me grow so much
as a person, as a woman. It wasn't easy to step away but I found the strength within myself to get my facts straight.

I am proud of the way I changed my life around. If I continued on the path I mentioned before, God knows where I would be right
now. Now at 17, I am in college studying communication sciences. I got my mind set on a career. Even though the mountain may seem
too high to climb at times, and even if I fall down...I'ma be right back on my feet and climb to the top, bruised or shattered
but I'ma make it.

That's what I believe makes me unique. I often compare myself to a bird: locked in a golden cage, tried to escape, took some bad
turns but finally found the way out. And you can hear it in my sound. I may not have the "look" for this business but I like
causing controversy. I can put myself in any situation, I can write from any perspective. I test myself, I push myself beyond
the borders given by society. I am so versatile and am influenced by all kinds of music and by hip hop from all around the
world. I have been writing ever since I was little but I really got into rap about 2 years ago when I had finished all of the bullshit I got caught up in. I can talk about deep emotions such as love, friendship
and such, but I can just as easily speak about getting that paper in ways that aren't always as legit as they should be. I keep
things real,I ain't gonna pretend I grew up in a bad neighborhood or that I saw many awful things. I'm giving you the truth,
I'm giving you me.

It's pure, it's raw...It's DQ...The Queen of Drama...

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote