RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-07, 08:04 PM   #1
iamthatdude87
Addicted

DEBATE LYRICS "DONT MATTER" OFF ALLHIPHOP.COM FORUMS

IP:

Most will read the title and go from there... but for those who actually read to see the point people are trying to make with their title, continue reading.

How much do you support these so-called "lyrical rappers"? How much do you support these "poets"? How much do you support the "spoken word" artform?

Me myself I enjoy to hear someone spit some deep shit from time to time.... But it's not going to change nothing, my personality is set in stone my opinions change with age and experience... not what I heard on some lyrical rapper's CD. But if you are diffren't, that's you, It's all good.

When I say Lyrics don't matter with this hip hop shit I mean. 2 things.

1. 90% of the time I see some hip hop fan bleeding heavy from the puss, because another hip hop fan doesn't give a shit about their favorite rapper. Nor the fact that said rapper is lyrical (according to bleeding puss hip hop fan's standards), when in fact this shit didn't start as being lyrical (The MC was no more than a Hype Man)... but time and time again we see hip hop fan's with limited memory and can't remember when hip hop wasn't lyrical, and was 2 turntables, A mic & niggas dancing and shit. niggas are quick to say (insert party song) isn't hip hop, when Hip Hop started as party songs. Rappers Delight was not lyrical, and Is a Party Song. and It is the definition of Hip Hop.... but some fan's memories can't go back that far to the day's when Busy B used to rock the house (with his non lyrical ass) he was hip hop. I just can't help but to LMAO when I hear some minstrating hip hop fan getting pissed saying "so and so aint hip hop, because he aint lyrical"

2. This shit is for entertainment... some people are entertained by lyrics, and a rappers lyrical ability, and some are not. Some are entertained by an artist song making ability. (me personally I like both), but am I wrong for not liking a Lyrical song, by an artist who has great lyrical ability like Canibus, because his song is boring as hell... or am I wrong for Liking an artist who is basically rambling on a mic but the song still sounds good, like Gucci Mane? or is it possible that I can like both, depending on what mood i'm in? I see a lot of niggas piss on themselves because niggas aren't fans of the same rappers that they like....Those niggas are bitches... If you don't like who I like, fine. we can discuss it and I will explain to you why I like who I like if you want me to, and it's all good, but niggas act like they are their favorite rappers bottom bitch and will defend them to the death if somebody calls their favorite rapper wack. (Got damn Flunkies)

Nobody on this site can sit here and tell me that every rapper that they listen to is some sort of Lyrical Beast. some of them niggas ya'll like are appeling to you because their songs just sound good.

I'm not saying not to make Lyrical music,(I like that shit) but if a song aint lyrical but still sounds good what's the problem