RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-05, 04:27 PM   #1
Sik Wit It

Lil Jon Tops Billboard

IP: 258C A279

Rapper/producer Lil Jon tops the list of finalists for this year's Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards. The artist born Jonathan Smith will contend as a member of the East Side Boyz in five categories, including top R&B/hip-hop artist and top R&B/hip-hop duo or group. For his solo endeavors, he is named in the top producer and top songwriter categories.

"I'm happy that Billboard has recognized my hard work," Lil Jon says. "I try to keep my sound relevant and show my range as a producer."

The awards ceremony will close Billboard's sixth annual R&B/hip-hop conference. The event runs Aug. 3-5 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Atlanta.

Alicia Keys and 50 Cent are finalists in six categories each. Both are in the running for top R&B/hip-hop singles artist. That category also includes Usher, who is named in five categories, including top R&B/hip-hop artist.

Destiny's Child and Terror Squad each have four mentions. Additional finalists in multiple categories include Snoop Dogg, Eminem, the Game and Fantasia. Mariah Carey, who recently earned her 16th No. 1 single on The Billboard Hot 100, is a finalist for top female R&B/hip-hop artist.

R. Kelly, last year's leading contender, returns as a finalist in the top songwriter category.

Kelly won in seven of the eight categories in which he was named for 2004, including top R&B/hip-hop songwriter and producer. Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz were also winners last year, picking up hot rap track honors for "Get Low," featuring Ying Yang Twins.

In addition to Lil Jon and Kelly, top songwriter finalists are Scott Storch and Keys. Rounding out the top producer field with Lil Jon and Keys are Storch and Kanye West. West was a first-time finalist last year in the top producer and top songwriter categories as well as for top R&B/hip-hop new artist.

This year's crop of finalists for top new artist is Ciara, the Game, John Legend and third season "American Idol" winner Fantasia.

Comprising 17 categories, the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards honor the most popular albums, songs and artists as well as the top songwriters, producers and major/independent labels. The awards are based on sales data from Nielsen SoundScan and radio airplay information from Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems.

This year's finalists and winners reflect the performance of recordings on the Billboard R&B/hip-hop and rap charts during the period from May 29, 2004, through the issue dated May 21, 2005. New artists are those who have not appeared on a Billboard album chart prior to the March 27, 2004, issue or have not been a new-artist finalist in the past.
Old 06-03-05, 04:28 PM   #2
Suave
This is my first post!

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 38B4 B261

well after all, lil jon is dope .
Old 06-03-05, 06:27 PM   #4
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 22C6 2F1A

how i kno this is truth??...u been droppin sum shady stories lately??...ima hafta look it up myself

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-05, 08:26 PM   #5
Yung_Dragon
Flyweight

Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: BE07 6157

All I gotta say is fuck the mainstream. 90 percent of those cats went soft and make hip-hop look bad with most of the new r&b and rap shit.

Oh wait...I forgot the topic.....yeah, Lil Jon won, what'd you expect? That kids(who happen to be the main listeners of hip-hop) would think Nas, Talib Kweli, or Common as the coolest thing? Naw, of course not, cause they're stupid.

Last edited by Yung_Dragon : 06-03-05 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-03-05, 11:31 PM   #6
Sik Wit It

IP: 258C A279

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHa KiNG.D.HuG
how i kno this is truth??...u been droppin sum shady stories lately??...ima hafta look it up myself

^go ahead.. look it up then.. all i know that
..that it is true
Old 06-04-05, 03:18 PM   #7
Sixth Sense
Banned: For Being So Fly.....lol....my new account is Triple Sixes....

IP: 473F 6D42

yeah i like his singles screamin yeah and okay and shit like dat and hes dope his new album crunk juice is tight

STARTING 2MORROW I WILL BE TRIPLE SIXES THATS GON BE MY NEW ACCOUNT SO THATS ME AIGHT CUZ IM SO FLY......LOL
Send a message via MSN to Sixth Sense   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 06:32 PM   #9
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 9E0A BAC8

i hope he wins 0 awards

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 08:52 PM   #10
.:F.ate:.
ready 4 wuteva

Text Record: 1-2
IP: 62C1 E68D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung_Dragon
All I gotta say is fuck the mainstream. 90 percent of those cats went soft and make hip-hop look bad with most of the new r&b and rap shit.

Oh wait...I forgot the topic.....yeah, Lil Jon won, what'd you expect? That kids(who happen to be the main listeners of hip-hop) would think Nas, Talib Kweli, or Common as the coolest thing? Naw, of course not, cause they're stupid.

^^if this is true then why does Common have tha #2 selling album in the industry right now? face it......lil jon's beats are tha shit. that's how it's been that's how it's always gonna be. so what he got beat up by some cops *which i find funny myself* if he's got talent he's got talent
Old 06-04-05, 11:44 PM   #11
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: 1C00 CCA1

he only makes club beats...and generally speaking, club songs lick balls

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 01:41 AM   #12
WERD
Flyweight

IP: B525 44D9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~High-Dro~
he only makes club beats

werd, club songs = dopeness, werd

Old 06-05-05, 02:02 AM   #13
{Propain}
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-4
IP: D92C 0475

Lil Jon only has a few good tracks that he actually did for his own albums. Everthing else is pretty average. He is dope at making beat though Ill give him that.

Snow, Prezidict, Dizzee Rascal
Send a message via AIM to {Propain}   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 04:54 AM   #14
tim dim
Middle Weight

Text Record: 4-5
IP: DEEC 8168

who cares?.....