RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases > Poetic Scriptures
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-04, 02:46 PM   #1
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

When Last We Spoke

IP: 9DD1 2DB9

In Memory of Darryl A. Faison... I Love You, Pops!

I know I shoulda asked if everything was ok when last we spoke...
But I took it as a normal phone conversation... complete with jokes
The tone of your voice should have triggered something inside of me...
Actually, it did... instincts were pushed aside in hopes that you'd confide in me
I remember you asking over and over again if i was being sent overseas to fight
I laughed it off...told you no... knowing all the while that I just might
You made me promise to let you know if anything changed between then and the time you were to visit
It was at that moment I knew that i should have had the guts to ask you, "Dad, what is it?"
Instead I made the promise... not realising that i'd never be able to hold true to my word
Before I hang up you told me you loved me...and for some reason it was the most chilling thing I'd heard
I surpressed all feelings about the conversation and convinced myself i was over-reacting
I thought to myself, "He'd let me know if something serious was happening."
Some weeks went by and I decided to call to see how you and the rest of the family were doing
You had to take a raincheck on visiting me cuz you all were in the process of moving
I knew when I asked about you something was wrong; like they were trying to hide something from me
They told me you were in the hospital again and things weren't looking good; in fact, they were quite ugly
I was hoping they'd keep me posted on your condition, but they didn't;two days had already passed on
I called home for an update only to find out that those 2 days weren't the only things that had gone...
My dad had died... the one who molded me and distilled in me what it is to be part of a family
Gone is the one being who loved me unconditionally, and always seemed to bring out the man in me
Also gone is the chance to see the look in his eyes the first time he'd get to meet his granddaughter
I sit and think about all the kool things he could have shown her and the lessons he could have taught her
The same lessons he taught his own children... family first, education, never take life for a joke
But i'd happily trade all those lessons... just to have that day back... when last we spoke.

Dad, I'll always remember the strong person you were and all that you tried to teach me. I miss you a lot and I'll see you again one day. Until then, you keep watching out for your family down here. I know you're watching over me and that you are part of the reason that I'm still alive and well in Iraq. I thank you for all you've done and sacrificed for us. Love always, your first born son.
P.S. I'm coming to visit you as soon as I can. You'll always be loved.

Last edited by Ill-Grammatix : 11-04-04 at 06:18 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-04, 11:05 PM   #2
streetryda
Puttin MD On The Map

Text Record: 9-3
IP: 408D D2A2

wow man that was a real serious piece i felt it all the way...def a lot of emotion in it...def doing ya thing you truely made me feel as if i had lost someone....again....and well i dont know how recent this happened to you but i recently last month lost 2 almost 3 close friends.....i have an open mic called R.I.P. if you wana peep that and teel me your thoughts thatd be tight.....but i think we should either do a poetry collab or just do a collab about the loss of someone with me you and capitol punishment cuz he went threw some messed up losses hit me up in pm or my aim sn to talk about it.....but nice peace flowed really well good vocab and overall i dont think it couldve been better....
peace~1

.:Retired:.
Send a message via AIM to streetryda   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-04, 04:30 AM   #3
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP: 9DD1 2DB9

yeah man... shyt happened last year... it's really hitting hard right now cuz my birthday is coming up in a week and a half and his is like 2 weeks after mine. yeah but omma holla at ya later on about a collabo.
thanks for da feedback, appreciate it... one
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-04, 09:47 AM   #4
Ambient
I just don't give a fuck!

Text Record: 5-0
IP: B20F 67F7

woah, that was a really deep peice. i felt alot of emotion in that. this was a personal matter for you and i felt that coming through in ya words. in every poem the poet choses each word as carefully as the last and i can tell you took time to get the right words, which payed off. nice peace man. keep droppin fam.

Old 11-05-04, 11:39 AM   #5
Artik Phrost
+...Femin-iLL...+

Text Record: 7-4
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 8F1B 440C

this was deep man, im sorri about your pops...this piece had alot of emotion in it, brought a tear to my eye...this was personal, and i believe tha overall effect was perfect...good job fam...keep it comming

Send a message via AIM to Artik Phrost Send a message via Yahoo to Artik Phrost   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-04, 01:04 PM   #6
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP: 9227 0965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbal Phenom
woah, that was a really deep peice. i felt alot of emotion in that. this was a personal matter for you and i felt that coming through in ya words. in every poem the poet choses each word as carefully as the last and i can tell you took time to get the right words, which payed off. nice peace man. keep droppin fam.

word...it's been just over a year and it's really starting to get at me again... but yeah, thanks for the feed, fam... people been sleeping on the skills but when i get deep like this that's when i start showing my true talent... that battle stuff is all good and all... and i do enjoy it... but this here is what my goal is... to provoke emotion in others and help them to get through their own personal struggles... i'll holla in our forum... when you droppin some new shyt?
Old 11-05-04, 01:08 PM   #7
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

glad ya felt it Artik... that's what i'm here for... to add some emotion to this place... whether it be fun times or getting through sad ones.... omma always do me, nah mean?
Old 11-05-04, 03:30 PM   #8
Ambient
I just don't give a fuck!

Text Record: 5-0
IP: A10D 4933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill-Grammatix
word...it's been just over a year and it's really starting to get at me again... but yeah, thanks for the feed, fam... people been sleeping on the skills but when i get deep like this that's when i start showing my true talent... that battle stuff is all good and all... and i do enjoy it... but this here is what my goal is... to provoke emotion in others and help them to get through their own personal struggles... i'll holla in our forum... when you droppin some new shyt?

weeerrd. well i bin working on a couple of things, but i'm lazy...lol. but i should have some new shit up soon.
Old 11-06-04, 07:55 AM   #9
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

uppin for some serious feedback....werd
Old 11-09-04, 09:47 AM   #10
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

mo feedbacks appreciated if ya got some...werd
Old 11-26-04, 07:05 PM   #11
Critic
Black Poet

Text Record: 6-1
IP: 07E0 A9F2

Shittt man the emotions in that was well expressive I can't
even comprehend what that day must have felt like.

But perents never want to alarm their kids,.. My mum had
cancer and didn't tell me for about 6 months When she
told me I cried like a baby I'm not gonna lie, but thankfully
it was treated and has never come back.

I don't even know what to say about this verse as a whole
because it's so sad,.. all I'm gonna say is I haven't read a
verse on RV with so much emotion.

Stay up fam

1~
Old 11-26-04, 07:20 PM   #12
Parallel
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 8-4
IP: 5043 32F4

^thats sad.......this was dope...very emotional...very...good vocabuualry... good use of wordplay...weerdizzle...9/10
Send a message via AIM to Parallel Send a message via MSN to Parallel   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-04, 11:09 AM   #13
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

good lookin out y'all... shyt was rough... i don't think about it all the time but some days, when i feel like i need to talk to him, even about simple things like the yankees or the knicks (he was NY to the death...werd)... that's when i realize that he's gone... shyt sucks
Old 12-17-04, 06:10 AM   #14
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

uppin this joint
Old 12-20-04, 11:14 AM   #15
PayDay
FuCk YoU I RhYme BeTtEr

IP: 21E1 08CC

damn man...that is some deep deep shit...made me think yo...and i am srry about your father...i am sure he would be proud of what you have become, so stay up fam...and thanks for doing what your doing over seas...true soldier here...but man...thanks for dropping that...in a way it was a reality check for me...keep dropping shit like this...alot of cats wont...much respsct fam...10/10...~1~...and keep them comming...

EveryDay Its the same old song, and the feeling is always gone

.:THE JURY:.
HONOR and RESPECT

Send a message via AIM to PayDay Send a message via MSN to PayDay   Reply With Quote