RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-05, 12:07 AM   #1
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
Kids need to realize its not about lyrics............

IP: 7629 2214

u know what...im tired of this bull shit.....kids judge rapper by lyrics and lyrics alone.....

id rather listen to Ja Rule........than the dopest lyricist in the world who has no presence, delivery, or good flow

i seen an argument about kanye west in another thread...shit is insane...dude has a killer delivery, presence...and just the way he comes across on the mic is brilliant....his lyrics...are decent...but i still love his music...cause he has a certain level of decency lyrically...and everything else is supurb

you wont find a bigger talib, mos def, and common fan than me.....but the fact of the matter is this...people dont wanna hear complex ass lyrics....keep your lyrics decent...and work on diff aspects.....like flow, delivery, and presence....

as long as your lyrics are ok...it dont matter.....cause nobody wants to hear that bullshit....about the dynamic circumference of the unviverse persuj[qiewjf ewhfhe......words mo fos aint never heard before.....

SO PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE ''OH IF HES NOT THE BEST LYRICIST IN THE WORLD, THAT MEANS HES NOT GOOD AT ALL"...SHIT IS FUCKING REDICULOUS...I LIKE ALL RAPPERS WHO KEEP LYRICS DECENT...AND STILL PULL EVERYTHING ELSE OFF WELL.....

i hate 50 cent...because he has no lyrical skill whatsoever...but...people like kanye...are good for the game.........but please people....keep lyrics decent...work on complex flow and shit....stuff people wanna hear.....
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 12:20 AM   #2
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 359C 84F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invektive
u know what...im tired of this bull shit.....kids judge rapper by lyrics and lyrics alone.....

id rather listen to Ja Rule........than the dopest lyricist in the world who has no presence, delivery, or good flow
I understand what you're sayin
but not Ja Rule. lmfao

i seen an argument about kanye west in another thread...shit is insane...dude has a killer delivery, presence...and just the way he comes across on the mic is brilliant....his lyrics...are decent...but i still love his music...cause he has a certain level of decency lyrically...and everything else is supurb
YES HE IS. Im SO glad that you agree.

you wont find a bigger talib, mos def, and common fan than me.....but the fact of the matter is this...people dont wanna hear complex ass lyrics....keep your lyrics decent...and work on diff aspects.....like flow, delivery, and presence....
I was just sayin this to my brother earlier, and him, bein the stubborn funny type ass nigga he is. he says "I want lyrics and lyrics alone"
but he likes spoken word, and poetry and all that shit. but delivery is needed too

as long as your lyrics are ok...it dont matter.....cause nobody wants to hear that bullshit....about the dynamic circumference of the unviverse persuj[qiewjf ewhfhe......words mo fos aint never heard before.....
sometimes its dope, but an entire album of it is....not good.

SO PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THE ''OH IF HES NOT THE BEST LYRICIST IN THE WORLD, THAT MEANS HES NOT GOOD AT ALL"...SHIT IS FUCKING REDICULOUS...I LIKE ALL RAPPERS WHO KEEP LYRICS DECENT...AND STILL PULL EVERYTHING ELSE OFF WELL.....

i hate 50 cent...because he has no lyrical skill whatsoever...but...people like kanye...are good for the game.........but please people....keep lyrics decent...work on complex flow and shit....stuff people wanna hear.....

I agree with you completely.

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 12:23 AM   #3
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Quote:

Kanye is only average on a music level...
But hey, I am really hard to please because I'm a tough music critic and I'm NOT a fan...

Which means I never respond to hype, only skill...

I like rappers who have it all... From good lyrics, good music to a good movement backing them. Kanye has proven in the past that hes not worth my time of day.. His shit is for fans, and fans only... Same with dipset, Jay Z, Badboy, Young Jeezy, etc etc etc etc and all those cats that arnt really skilled but just make shit fans can vibe with..

I got a REAL broard taste in music... I give everything a chance once... So my opinions are my own, not what I been told... Love it or hate it, thats just how it is.

And no... I dont listen to rappers that just spit a bunch of mumbo jumbo with big words trynna impress people.....
Old 11-07-05, 12:31 AM   #4
.Ike.
Ike

word nos...i feel u....i kinda look at music as a fan...and as a critic...

like..what i try to do..is put out exactly what i want to put out...and please fans at the same time...its hard to explain....

but i def feel where your coming from...im not criticizing you for cracking down on horrid lyricists....i wish that the game was full of lyrical beasts with every aspect killing it.....but its just not the way its ever gonna be...i try to get the best of both worlds though....
Old 11-07-05, 12:34 AM   #5
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Text Record: 44-19
Audio Record: 6-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
Lightbulb

IP: D4CB 508F

Quote:

Well...for 1 kanye has ghost & co writers to help him..when you hear kanye repeat the same word to rhyme wit the previous line like camron does..thats when u hearing kanye's tru lyrical capibilities......2....reason people make that arguement is cuz if lyrics didnt matter any jackass could go to barnes & nobles an buy a rhyme book....learn to flow decent an be considered a rapper---->i.e. mike jones.......I agree that flow an delivery is important...but lyrics are equally as important.....kats that use big words alot of times lack substance but provide the illusion of depth cuz people dun understand what they saying, being able to creatively word oridinary occurences in ya life...is a artform.....sayin exactly what u would say in a everyday conversation an putting a rhyme at the end of it....its a dr. seuss book.....if u aint got lyrics u cant rap...do u gotta be the best NO...do u have to have sum ability yes....Kanye west has NONE...Ja rule....BUAWWWWWW..u really wylin....when u write a metaphorless, punchlineless, wordplayless verse your disrespecting hip hop.....so if u jus aren't compabile of writing something that any reg. joe couldn't...."put the mic down so a real talent can use it properly"
So, when you consumed with his...don't get mad when everyone else is
Send a message via AIM to Triple_N   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-05, 12:38 AM   #6
.Ike.
Ike

LMAO....yea ja rule....i wish i had his voice....

but i can honestly say this....bro yao is lyrically better than ja rule...but id rather listen to ja rule for a year straight than sit through 24 hours worth of bro yao lmao
Old 11-07-05, 12:39 AM   #7
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
LMAO....yea ja rule....i wish i had his voice....

but i can honestly say this....bro yao is lyrically better than ja rule...but id rather listen to ja rule for a year straight than sit through 24 hours worth of bro yao lmao

Well when u talk voices thats personal preferance....but to say ja rule is talented cuz he has a grtty voice is fucking retarded.
Old 11-07-05, 12:41 AM   #8
.Ike.
Ike

lmao nah......im not saying hes talented at all...i just like his voice lol
Old 11-07-05, 12:42 AM   #9
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
lmao nah......im not saying hes talented at all...i just like his voice lol

^^so your telling me you would buy his cd cuz u like his voice?....thats all it takes to impress u?
Old 11-07-05, 12:45 AM   #10
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_N
Well...for 1 kanye has ghost & co writers to help him..when you hear kanye repeat the same word to rhyme wit the previous line like camron does..thats when u hearing kanye's tru lyrical capibilities......2....reason people make that arguement is cuz if lyrics didnt matter any jackass could go to barnes & nobles an buy a rhyme book....learn to flow decent an be considered a rapper---->i.e. mike jones.......I agree that flow an delivery is important...but lyrics are equally as important.....kats that use big words alot of times lack substance but provide the illusion of depth cuz people dun understand what they saying, being able to creatively word oridinary occurences in ya life...is a artform.....sayin exactly what u would say in a everyday conversation an putting a rhyme at the end of it....its a dr. seuss book.....if u aint got lyrics u cant rap...do u gotta be the best NO...do u have to have sum ability yes....Kanye west has NONE...Ja rule....BUAWWWWWW..u really wylin....when u write a metaphorless, punchlineless, wordplayless verse your disrespecting hip hop.....so if u jus aren't compabile of writing something that any reg. joe couldn't...."put the mic down so a real talent can use it properly"

how do you know kanye west has host writers and co writers?
I never EVER heard no shit like that.
and he didnt say lyrics didnt matter COMPLETELY, he said decent lyrics can be backed the fuck up with a dope ass delivery and presence on the mic, such as Kanye West have.
and yes, if you dont have lyrics you cant rap
but if you dont have delivery, YOU CANT RAP EITHER!
and I rather listen to ALL of Kanye West songs than just yours Triple N.
Kanye West is the truth!

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Old 11-07-05, 12:54 AM   #11
.Ike.
Ike

Quote:
^^so your telling me you would buy his cd cuz u like his voice?....thats all it takes to impress u?

no....ive never bought a ja cd...never will......

i just like his voice...thats all lol
Old 11-07-05, 12:57 AM   #12
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will S.Unyu
how do you know kanye west has host writers and co writers?
I never EVER heard no shit like that.
and he didnt say lyrics didnt matter COMPLETELY, he said decent lyrics can be backed the fuck up with a dope ass delivery and presence on the mic, such as Kanye West have.
and yes, if you dont have lyrics you cant rap
but if you dont have delivery, YOU CANT RAP EITHER!
and I rather listen to ALL of Kanye West songs than just yours Triple N.
Kanye West is the truth!

Son....kanye west shouted out his co writer for jesus walks at the grammys...shit look on the back on his cds...it says writen by kanye west, an so on an so on........you obviously dun keep up wit hip hop news if u dun know kanye has ALOT of help wit his lyrics.....an yes flow an delivery is important...no one said it isn't.....but it isn't everything, thats like if we was talkign basketball an kanye is desmond mason, desmond is a phenominal dunker wit crazy hops, then u got canibus, who's Kobe who is a great dunker, shooter, defender, etc now who u gon pick first, the guy that has only mastered a part of the game? or the guy who has mastered it all?.
Old 11-07-05, 12:59 AM   #13
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

Quote:
no....ive never bought a ja cd...never will......

i just like his voice...thats all lol

Okay then....now your arguement makes no sense.....u was saying katz like Ja should be respected, yet u wont ever buy one of his cds
Old 11-07-05, 01:01 AM   #14
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Lightbulb

Quote:
Son....kanye west shouted out his co writer for jesus walks at the grammys...shit look on the back on his cds...it says writen by kanye west, an so on an so on........you obviously dun keep up wit hip hop news if u dun know kanye has ALOT of help wit his lyrics.....an yes flow an delivery is important...no one said it isn't.....but it isn't everything, thats like if we was talkign basketball an kanye is desmond mason, desmond is a phenominal dunker wit crazy hops, then u got canibus, who's Kobe who is a great dunker, shooter, defender, etc now who u gon pick first, the guy that has only mastered a part of the game? or the guy who has mastered it all?.

damn, you right
rhymefest DID help him write jesus walks
but a co writer ISNT a ghost writer
a co writer isnt like what you think.
and Kanye West HAS mastered it all.
what DONT he got?

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Old 11-07-05, 01:02 AM   #15
.Ike.
Ike

no i didnt say he should be respected....i just said id rather listen to him all day.....than someone who is lyrical....but has no presence, delivery, and flow.....

like bro yao.....lyrically better than ja.....just like everyone else in the world is.....but bro has absolutely no flow whatsoever....he sounds like hes eating the mic......

so yea...id rather listen to ja than him....but it doesnt mean i respect ja at all