RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-06, 03:08 AM   #1
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

It's time to realize some shit minorities

IP:

One thing I hate more than anything is hypocrites. Let me explain...

I hate, so much, when people (especially black folks like myself) sit down and hear some REAL ass shit, (say, the "I Have A Dream" speech, or a deep song, or a motivational sermon at church) then sit there and say "Word.", yet as soon as they're away from the situation, forget all about it and act however they want.

How can you say that YOU, as a person, look up to someone like MLK yet don't follow their ways and live how they would wish you would live? Mother fuckers nowadays will take off a school day for MLK day and go out and sell weed on MLK Street. What the fuck is wrong with you?

How can you fight someone over some race war shit and then turn around and add to the destruction and desecration of your own people? How can you say some shit without living it? How do we as minorities get mad at white people for talking down upon us and driving us down in America when in OUR hoods, where THEY'RE the minority, we do the same thing right back?

Nobody seems to comprehend the fact that our ancestors would have never fought for the freedom of their people if they would see where we would get, which is nowhere. Nobody realizes the fact that when, shit, IF we get to heaven, our brothers and sisters and not going to ask us how many white people we made suffer for their actions, but rather, how many of OUR people we helped gain freedom in all aspects.

So if you're going to read this and say "Word." without fucking living it, die slow.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!