RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL Archives > LBL Magazines
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-06, 09:06 AM   #1
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Post LBL Magazine (26th March 2006)

IP: 85D6 9262

Intro

Hey yo and welcome to about the 30th league to hit RapVerse. Why’s this gonna be different to all the others? Cos I’m modding it. Yeah, I’m a great mod blah blah, I’ve said it all already. Yet I promise you this will go on for a long time. Get all your friends to sign up if they’re dope, if they’re whack then don’t get them to. I want this to be a real nice league so constantly show, drop nice and I’ll reward you with the mag, putting battles up on time, special events etc etc. Now I ain’t too familiar with a lot of the battlers on here, so this weeks mag ain’t gonna be conventional like the rest. I’m gonna go over the rules and my plans for the league so you can become familiar with it. Also, this is your chance to make a good impression on me. Firstly I’m going to breakdown the rules.

Rules

Quote:
Battles

- Verses due Thursday at 11:59pm Eastern.
- No due date for check-ins.
- No line limit.
- A ranking system will be done, with a championship match at the top of the rankings.
- No-shows will be banned from the league for a week. If you no-show then sign back in, you will always be put at 0-1. If you no-show twice you will be banned for two weeks and you will always be put at 0-2 etc.
- The league will be never ending.
- You must vote on 4 battles, if this is not done then you will lose your own battle.

I’m gonna be pretty slack on when verses are posted, as if you’re like a couple of hours after the deadline but you still post your verse, unless your opponent cares I couldn’t care less. Line limit is something I decided not to do, but just be logical. If you’re good then by all means go a lot of lines, but if you ain’t great then don’t cos no one will wanna read the battle. I am going to be very tight on the voting, I don’t give a shit who you are, if you don’t vote then you will lose.

Quote:
Cheating

- Biting will result in a ban from the site.
- Feeding will result in deducted votes.
- Swaying will result in deducted votes.

Swaying is something I’m gonna be tight on also. If I catch you in a thread swaying I’ll warn you, if I catch you again then you’ll get deducted votes. Feeding will get you deducted votes, but I may just edit the fed line out of your verse.

Quote:
Voting

- Voting must be explained. Unexplained votes will be discounted.
- Dick riding votes and return the favour votes will be discounted and the offender will be docked votes from their battle.

Self-explanatory.

General

Quote:
Host Battles

- If two battlers from outside the league want to battle, yet they don’t want to sign up for the league and they don’t want to battle in Front Lines, then they may sign up for a host battle in the league. The league will host the battle and in return the two battlers must vote on 5 battles.

Yep.

Quote:
The Champions Magazine Section

- The champ of the league will get their own section in the magazine. In this section they can do whatever they want, from advertising to writing an article it will be allowed.

Just a little something for the champion.

Quote:
League Cypher

- The league will have a cypher thread in which anyone can cypher.

Self-explanatory.

Quote:
Magazine Advertisement

- Anyone will be able to advertise in the magazine by voting on battles. If a battler is in the league then they must vote on 4 additional battles (Voting on 8 battles overall) to advertise in the mag. If they are not in the league then 6 battles must be voted on to advertise in the mag. If you show consistently for 6 weeks then you will also be able to advertise in the magazine.

Pretty much an incentive to vote, as people will wanna advertise their topicals and other battles or whatever, so by voting more then they can.

Quote:
Magazine Battler Submission

- Battlers will be able to write and submit articles to be put into the weekly magazine.

Thought this would add a bit of interactivity to the league.

Quote:
Designated Battler

- If a battler contributes to the league enough, then for a week they will be chosen as designated battler. This means that everyone in the league must vote on the designated battlers battles. Anyone who fails to do so will lose their own battle.

This is designed as a bonus to people who have contributed enough to the league. I’ll probably start a thread where people can reply saying they think they’ve done enough to be a designated battler, and if I think they have then I shall make them a designated battler for the week.

Quote:
Bye Week

- If a battler feels they have contributed enough to the league, then they can request a bye week. They will have a win added to their record, yet they will not have to battle that week.

Same sort of thing as designated battler, but I think bye weeks will be useful for people with good records who are returning to the league and don’t wanna battle whack battlers in their first weeks.

Quote:
Records Thread

- A records thread will be kept, with such things as longest win streak, longest losing streak, best record, worst record, longest battle, longest lines in a verse etc.

Self-explanatory.

Quote:
Hall of Fame

- A history and hall of fame section will be maintained and added to, with the best battlers, verses and battles being added to it.

Self-explanatory.

Quote:
Special Event Weeks

- Once a month, on the last Sunday of the month, the league will have a special event. This will include gimmick battles, legendary battlers from outside of the league being brought in to battle and more.

This is gonna be something that I want to make a large part of the league. As the potential for dope battles is high, as while some nice battlers may not want to sign up for the league they may want to battle specific people. I’m gonna try and set it up so there’s a big attraction battle every special event with big battlers in. Also, if you are nice and there’s someone you’d like to battle and they agree to, then get at me and save it for the PPV. As beef battles or legend vs legend battles will be perfect for this.

You may have noticed a thing called LBL Week by Week in the History & Hall of Fame sub-section. Basically what this is, is an archive of the LBL week by week lol. So it’ll say “X beat Y 5-0 *Thread Link Here*” That way it’ll be easy to find battles and the links to them.

Recruitment is something I’m gonna try and be big on, I’ve been going around several different boards trying to recruit people and have got a couple. If you know any battlers who are nice then get them to sign up for the league, especially if they’re known names. As names make a league look good. Hensley is someone I’m glad signed up as his name alone would make people thing a league is credible.

I shall be doing interviews for the mag usually weekly, so if you want an interview, hit me up on AIM or via PM.

That’s pretty much all I have to say for this week. The mag will have the usual next week. Battle reviews, predictions, power rankings, top punches, best verse and best battle. I want something innovative to include in my mags, but I’m stuck on what to include, if anyone has any ideas for sections or articles then just reply saying so.

Here’s this weeks battles:

Daubs vs Certified Mystique
E.C vs GKillaz05
Jay Cee vs JC Real
John Hensley vs Trey MethodZ
Merkowitzzz vs ShoDown
Mimesis vs Chris Stylez
N.Tavarez vs Professor
Nick Fletcher vs Flashback
Rush Lingo vs Faded Ink
So.Rell vs Willie
SPuL vs J-Night
TayTay vs Serbness vs Anarchy

Outro

So yeah, this league is gonna be dopely run. I’m going to make sure of it. And now its up to the battlers to make it dope, as they make 80% of a league, a mod only makes up 20%. Peace.

Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 09:20 AM   #2
R. Lingo
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2FC2 7ACE

cool mag, i'll take time to read instead of skim later.
Old 03-26-06, 10:30 AM   #3
So.Rell
Mic Jordan

Text Record: 1-0
IP: E1AF 34D2

Yeah I got you those new ideas are dope...I'll enjoy seein them this week

Get the Fuck out the Ring!
"When the LP Rolls Out..
The Source will be Forced to make the Quotables a Three page Fold Out" - Kno of Cunninlynguists.
Send a message via AIM to So.Rell   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 11:10 AM   #4
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: AC2A 692A

cool mag.

Il be down for an interview anytime.
Old 03-26-06, 11:26 AM   #5
Jay Cee
New to RV

IP: 4713 4443

is tha cypher werkin tha same way as tha rbl one? best lines get a win or sumthin?

nameplays against me are old...
Old 03-26-06, 11:38 AM   #6
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: AC2A 692A

And do some prediction or somethin?
Old 03-26-06, 11:46 AM   #7
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: 85D6 9262

Nah, cypher is just to cypher. And that reminds me, I gotta set it up.

Predictions:

E.C vs GKillaz05
Jay Cee vs JC Real
Merkowitzzz vs ShoDown
Mimesis vs Chris Stylez
N.Tavarez vs Professor
Rush Lingo vs Faded Ink
So.Rell vs Willie
SPuL vs J-Night
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 03:18 PM   #8
TayTay

Text Record: 4-0
IP: 2029 97B3

Cool Mag I Liked It
Old 03-26-06, 03:22 PM   #9
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 246D 7E9E

hey bitches stop being pussy and go cypher with me son.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 05:25 PM   #10
So.Rell
Mic Jordan

Text Record: 1-0
IP: E1AF 34D2

E.C vs GKillaz05
Jay Cee vs JC Real
Merkowitzzz vs ShoDown
Mimesis vs Chris Stylez
N.Tavarez vs Professor
Rush Lingo vs Faded Ink
So.Rell vs Willie
SPuL vs J-Night

Get the Fuck out the Ring!
"When the LP Rolls Out..
The Source will be Forced to make the Quotables a Three page Fold Out" - Kno of Cunninlynguists.
Send a message via AIM to So.Rell   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 05:55 PM   #11
CRiSS-CROSS
the champ is here

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 8BE4 B07D

E.C vs GKillaz05
Jay Cee vs JC Real
Merkowitzzz vs ShoDown
Mimesis vs Chris Stylez
N.Tavarez vs Professor
Rush Lingo vs Faded Ink
So.Rell vs Willie I don't predict my battle..
SPuL vs J-Night
Send a message via AIM to CRiSS-CROSS   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 08:00 PM   #12
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 2BA6 1F0F

Decent mag.

I would do an interview for the mag, but my messengers are all broke.
Old 03-26-06, 08:32 PM   #13
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 246D 7E9E

mo2v8ed4life

^you can holla on AIM anytime to do interview ~_~

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 12:34 AM   #14
R. Lingo
Light Weight

IP: 2FC2 7ACE

haha, recognize.

good shit kemp.
Old 03-28-06, 10:37 AM   #15
-Substance-
Oye...Tu Sabes..!!

Text Record: 18-7
Graphics Record: 8-5
IP: 80E0 04BB

E.C vs GKillaz05
Jay Cee vs JC Real Both JC? Both Will Loose
Merkowitzzz vs ShoDown
Mimesis vs Chris Stylez
N.Tavarez vs Professor
Rush Lingo vs Faded Ink
So.Rell vs Willie
SPuL vs J-Night
TayTay vs Serbness vs Anarchy Havent Seen Shit From Them

Send a message via AIM to -Substance- Send a message via MSN to -Substance-   Reply With Quote