RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-06, 12:07 PM   #1
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
Belief.

IP: AA62 EAD1

Just a thought I had while listening to an older Non Phixion track which most of you would have heard "black helicopters"...

To spark your memory:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill Bill
At the time of his life
A capitolist with a communist wife
Started to fight, did to cats what god did to christ

...What god did to christ...

That metaphor is interesting... See every time we hear about the life of Yeshua Bin Yosef (jesus christ), it really all depends on who you get your information from. The christian church glorify him as an avatar of the lord god and have decided it is their mission to inform everyone to follow the sole word of Yeshua Bin Yosef as he is 'apparently' the savior of all man kind... Even though he never put a pen to paper to record the definitive account of what his mission and legacy was actually about.

*cough*

Ofcourse.. Heres the thing though..

Isnt it kind of obvious, that a prophet with a mass collective of followers such as Yesua had, upon dying a premature death by way of crucafiction would be seen by his followers as a matyr and therefore worshipped and only spoken well of?

It obviously therefore should be reasonably fair by anyones standards to say that its hard to actually believe anything the christian church says about jesus 100% due to their extremily obvious bias.

And tying back to the point of this thread, what if Ill Bill's right? What if the crucafiction was actually a punishment from god rather than a 'sacrafice for our sins'...

What other major sources aside from 'what the church says' do we have to validate the statement jesus died for our sins?

Most other major religions see Yeshua as a great philosopher/prophet or even somewhat of a mystic, but nobody other than christians believe that Yesua the man is the sole key to god's forgiveness.. I guess what I'm asking is, why do you feel so asured that what you are told about a man surrounded by mystery who lived 2000 years ago is the 100% correct truth. What with all the changes made to the bible, the scandle during the inquisition, the lies, the different translations, the bible being kept from the public and only read by priests for hundreds of years meaning people just had to do what the church told them cause they were brainwashed into being controlled by them... Need I go on?

They say we should just 'have faith'... I say fuck that.
The problem with whole-heartidly believing things with no ultimate observational proof to co-inside with your information, is that you fall victem to an ill-logical method of judgement based on nothing more than what your told by other people who dont know for sure themselves.

If a man with one eye told a race of blind people the sky was green, they would have no other information to go off therefore through hundreds of generations passing down that same information, eventually the mere thought that the sky could possibly be blue would seem obserd to the average man who neglects to remember the logical truth that he himself cant actually see.. So why does he fight so hard to believe the sky is green in the first place?

And its the exact same thing with religion.. I'm not saying the bible doesent contain a lot of great prophetic and philosophical messeges intended for future generations to pick up on and live their life by. But as with any information, we have to remain objective in our observations to the point where we know what to actually take seriously, and what to disreguard as redundant religious babble.

It dissapoints me that some people will come into this thread and call me ignorant and try to find cracks in my argument. Its obviously only a show of their own naivitys comming into play through their inability to see the truth behind this thread.

Why do you choose to believe what you choose to believe?
Old 06-05-06, 03:24 PM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 2B7A 2084

I say stop being a bigot to Christianity.

Jesus is Lord. Satan is a liar.

Case closed.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-06, 06:29 PM   #3
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

Your reply doesn't really prove anything Q.

Besides the fact that you're likening the authorative figures of your religion to Satan.
Old 06-05-06, 10:29 PM   #4
twenty9
Middle Weight

Text Record: 2-8
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B525 44D9

bah, ive given up on religeons a long time ago, caused too much trouble in the past and why do so many people focus on how he died, rather than how he lived?
Old 06-05-06, 11:49 PM   #5
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I say stop being a bigot to Christianity.

Jesus is Lord. Satan is a liar.

Case closed.

No, Yeshua was a great philosopher that lived 2000 years ago.

Hes not comming back.

The world moves on and we give rise to new great philosophers who are relevant to people of the new world.

Christianity will die hard because of followers like you.. So helplessly devoted to blindly believing everything your church tells you..

Welcome to the new age. Heres where we begin thinking for ourselves.

Its just too bad you missed the boat... Spent your life following something that is out of date to the point where you now cant bring yourself to understand that the church is no longer needed by modern society.

I feel sorry for you Q.. I really do.
Old 06-06-06, 04:22 PM   #6
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: 94A2 DED2

The reason all other religions see Jesus as a great prophet and only Christianity sees him for cleansing sins is because Christianity is the religion that it was for, duh. That's like Christianity teaching that Muhammed was right about what he said.....not gunna happen. He's recognized, that doesn't mean he's going to be seen as a martyr by a religion he's not based around.

Now I don't sit here and think Jesus' whole life is exactly what is told in the Bible, that's just foolish, that doesn't mean I don't believe in what he did or what he stood for. And look at yourself Nos, by thinking any opinion other than your own is completely out of place because you've grown up all your life with your set of beliefs is just like what you're saying religion does, am I wrong? You're not willing to accept any other idea unless it supplements your set of ideas which is bullshit. Now you can ramble on all day about how the average person isn't open, but we're talking about ME now, and I am. And after all the shit I've read about any other religion, and against my own, I'm still Christian and have my set of beliefs on it. That's because true faith isn't related in any way to logic, which YOU use to base your life off of, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 06-06-06, 07:02 PM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
Now I don't sit here and think Jesus' whole life is exactly what is told in the Bible, that's just foolish, that doesn't mean I don't believe in what he did or what he stood for. And look at yourself Nos, by thinking any opinion other than your own is completely out of place because you've grown up all your life with your set of beliefs is just like what you're saying religion does, am I wrong? You're not willing to accept any other idea unless it supplements your set of ideas which is bullshit. Now you can ramble on all day about how the average person isn't open, but we're talking about ME now, and I am. And after all the shit I've read about any other religion, and against my own, I'm still Christian and have my set of beliefs on it. That's because true faith isn't related in any way to logic, which YOU use to base your life off of, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I grew up as a Roman Catholic, and I studied theology... I then became a protestant, Atheist, Agnostic and now finally I'm set on the right path.

Do you have any idea how good Christianity is? I would love to be a Christian. I would absolutely love it. It means eternal life, constant unwavering love, and it's role model is perfect. However it isn't that easy. From all my years of being "Christian" i've learnt something. I'll give you an analogy.

Let's say i'm a curious young boy who climbed up to a high branch in a tall tree. Now, Christianity tells me I should jump down and let my father catch me. The right path tells me I should climb down by myself. I have faith, and jump down from the branch... My leg is broken, and I become crippled. Christianity tells me my father will come and carry me. The right path tells me I should pick up a stick, and walk by myself.

What do you think i'm going to do?
Old 06-06-06, 08:24 PM   #8
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Are you talking about Father as in God? I know the answer might be obvious but I don't feel like typing 2 responses just in case. -_-

Track of the week:

Old 06-06-06, 08:25 PM   #9
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Yeah, father as in God. Keeping in mind that the Christian belief is that Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are all one entity.
Old 06-06-06, 08:41 PM   #10
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Well then honestly, pick up a stick and walk by yourself. I am quite sure Christianity doesn't teach that all lifes problems will be solved, yet more like they will be solved if we stay true in faith and make things happen. At least that's what I was taught. It would be foolish to just sit there with your leg broken waiting, and make much more senseto get up and find your Father so that he can help.

heh

Track of the week:

Old 06-06-06, 08:50 PM   #11
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Well then honestly, pick up a stick and walk by yourself. I am quite sure Christianity doesn't teach that all lifes problems will be solved, yet more like they will be solved if we stay true in faith and make things happen. At least that's what I was taught. It would be foolish to just sit there with your leg broken waiting, and make much more senseto get up and find your Father so that he can help.

heh

They will be solved if we stay true in faith? Sounds like it means I should wait there for my father to come. What if he never does?

If my father can be found, it means he's present. If he was present, why didnt he catch me when I jumped out of the tree? I had faith didnt I? It would be a waste of time trying to find somebody that isn't there, don't you think?
Old 06-06-06, 08:55 PM   #12
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Well then maybe he's trying to make sure you can do things for yourself without him having to help you through everything. Getting hurt is part of life no matter what religion you practice. If you don't want your father's help, you don't have to take it, you don't have to have faith that he will be there when you need him the most.

And yeah, if he never comes, then you were wrong, but sometimes being wrong is worth it. At least to me.

Track of the week:

Old 06-06-06, 08:59 PM   #13
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Well then maybe he's trying to make sure you can do things for yourself without him having to help you through everything. Getting hurt is part of life no matter what religion you practice. If you don't want your father's help, you don't have to take it, you don't have to have faith that he will be there when you need him the most.

And yeah, if he never comes, then you were wrong, but sometimes being wrong is worth it. At least to me.

Have you ever needed him and he was there for you? If so, what were the circumstances?
Old 06-06-06, 10:05 PM   #14
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
The reason all other religions see Jesus as a great prophet and only Christianity sees him for cleansing sins is because Christianity is the religion that it was for, duh. That's like Christianity teaching that Muhammed was right about what he said.....not gunna happen. He's recognized, that doesn't mean he's going to be seen as a martyr by a religion he's not based around.

As usual, you would have a point.. But your slightly misguided...

My belief, as stated, is that I prefer to have solid observational evidence before I rule something out as being the truth. Which is why your whole point has absolutly no merit... I believe science, because it is constantly changing and evolving as we continue to get smarter. And I believe in a universal energy moving in harmony conducting a string of cause and effect which is time itself, that in my opinion, is god, I get that from studying astronomy.. And like science, if the day comes where we discover new information that leads to me changing my belief, boom.. Itll be changed.

I think soc you need to realise that if something isnt logical, then your believing it only based on what youve been told by someone who doesent really have a clue themselves. Like I said, a lot of christian belief's are actually great life philosophys, things like "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you" And theres other fabels and metaphors in the bible people can really learn from.

BUT, there are certain key elements to your religion that you base on this buzz word called 'faith' which logically is just barking up the wrong tree..

By all means, continue practicing your religion.. Nobodys making you take the truth behind this thread seriously.. Keep on having faith and believing things with no observational evidence just because a priest told you...

My opinion on christianity, is take what you can learn from it.. But in this day and age, we have to understand, there are certain parts of any religion that are just meaningless babbel that we shouldnt take literally..

Last edited by Nostradamus : 06-06-06 at 10:11 PM.
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-06, 10:16 PM   #15
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I grew up as a Roman Catholic, and I studied theology... I then became a protestant, Atheist, Agnostic and now finally I'm set on the right path.

Do you have any idea how good Christianity is? I would love to be a Christian. I would absolutely love it. It means eternal life, constant unwavering love, and it's role model is perfect. However it isn't that easy. From all my years of being "Christian" i've learnt something. I'll give you an analogy.

Let's say i'm a curious young boy who climbed up to a high branch in a tall tree. Now, Christianity tells me I should jump down and let my father catch me. The right path tells me I should climb down by myself. I have faith, and jump down from the branch... My leg is broken, and I become crippled. Christianity tells me my father will come and carry me. The right path tells me I should pick up a stick, and walk by myself.

What do you think i'm going to do?

That's exactly how I think now.