RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-08, 08:33 PM   #151
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 161A F505

*refresh *

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-08, 10:42 PM   #152
Magic5

IP: BB06 C099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
First off, if you belivie that by attending college...that your on another level of intellientence. Your wrong. Thats just a common judement most people interpurt.

'Im going to college, i'll be successful, becuase someone gave me a piece of paper!'

Now, i can't hate on anyone who is attending college. Its tough, n it takes alot of work. So....congrats on your 3.94.

I'm sure if i had actually gaven a shit, i could have attained something better than the 3.2 i had.

I was majoring in Philosophy/History...

As far as the comment, that i had posted about the goverement agency. How trustworthy is our goverment. We all know, and can easily look back and see the lies that the goverment has fed us before to keep our spirts, either A. Postive or B. Negative. All goverment really is, is a pyschology enforcement of human will. The simply use pyschological tactics to trick people into believin in the goverment.

Don't belviie me? That our goverment is hypocritcal? N just a huge ball of bullshit?

All Men Should Be Created Equal? No? Yes?

yes, of course. Thats why our four fathers defended that statement.

So why the fuck woudl they still have slaves? George Washington, had huge amounts of slaves.

Our goverment is simply a group of people, who we 'freely' elect, and look out for their interest's first. Than the interest's of the people that elected them. Its common human nature to look out for oneself before someone else.

I'm not complaining about our govermerment, because i couldnt' have accomplsihed the things i have. Or have the things i have with out. So to sit and bash it, would be hypocritcal.

I'm just not foolish enough to belivie that the goverment is looking out for the best interest of its people @ all times.

But, hey ....what the fuck do i know.

Maybe i could check out www.IRS.com n figure a few things out.

I believe that college has allowed me to get to a level of understanding and knowledge of the economy (among other things, but they aren't near as relavent to this thread as the economy is), and so yes, I believe that by me going and listening and studying and learning, that it makes me more knowledgeable about the economy then most people. I'm not talking about intelligence, as I'm not sure of a way that intelligence can be measured or compared. I'm talking about knowledge and learning. Your cop out of, "Oh I could have done better if I wanted to" is jack shit to me. Earlier in this thread you stated, "Who HASN'T cheated in college?," which implies that YOU have. Regardless of whether you cheated your way through or not, even though I'm pretty sure you did, ANYBODY can say they could have done better at ANYTHING. I could be saying, "Yeah, if I had given a shit in high school I could have won a bunch of scholarships and gone to Harvard and then I'd be really set!," but I'm not saying that because nobody ever gives a shit what you think you could have done.

I'm not going to be successful because I went to college. I'm going to be successful because I learned things and attained knowledge that I wouldn't have if I had opted to not go to college.

Man, you're either naive or stupid if you think the information provided by the BEA or the IRS is wrong. I seriously can't believe you dudes who are like, "Oh, anybody can just go in there and change something and nobody would notice, despite the holes in the data that would create!" I have NEVER seen somebody say information provided by the Bureau of Economic Analysis is inaccurate or biased. Only on rapverse, which doesn't say much.

And what's your point about slaves? I know some of the older presidents had slaves. I think Andrew Jackson was one of the, if not the worst, president in the history of the United States. He owned slaves, supported slavery and pushed Native Americans from east of the Mississippi River to Oklahoma. You telling me presidents are people and have fucked up before is not news to me.
Old 09-11-08, 10:49 PM   #153
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeƱor Lavish
I'm voting for myself. Lowering gas prices to 2$ a gallon for 87 and fixing this economy. Stopping this war cuz i bet you 5 bucks Osama Bin Laden is a ficticous government created character and 9/11 was caused by the government to raise gas prices in turn making prices rise on everything. This country is shit. Put me in charge I could fix it.

I know you're bullshitting, but I'll sledgehammer your post anyway. Gases are priced the way they are due to simple supply and demand. The government isn't controlling the price, and neither is Exxon or any of these other big, bad corporations. The supply has gone down, so the price has gone up. It's macroeconomics. If you became president of a country that functions under a capitalistic economy, you couldn't change the price of gas.

If you really think 9/11 was caused by the government you're a retard. I've been saying this forever. If you think the government's "motive" to bring the towers was to raise gas prices, then refer to paragraph 1 where I already killed the prospect of the government controlling the price of anything, including gas.

This country is fine. You'd be the worst president that ever happened.
Old 09-11-08, 10:55 PM   #154
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
Fuck McCain. Dude will prolly die before 2v. And that's saying a lot b. OBAMA!!

Not voting for McCain because he may die is the worst reason that ever happened to vote for Obama. Obama could just as easily get assassinated early as hell in his term, so. . ?

I don't mind when people say they're voting for Obama because they care about or value different things then I do. If you think ending the war, or securing woman's rights, or picking who you believe will be the better foreign diplomat is more important than capitalism, then that's fine to me. I'm not going to debate somebody's values. It's just really annoying if you say you're going to vote for Obama because McCain will use taxes to help the rich, or because McCain may die. In my opinion, those aren't valid reasons to not vote for somebody. I've already showed that Bush's tax cuts have not helped the rich, and not voting for somebody because they may die just seems like a cop out to me.
Old 09-11-08, 11:00 PM   #155
J. Luth
I see dumb people

^obviously i was using some excuse to freepost without freeposting you bitch nig

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 09-11-08, 11:03 PM   #156
Magic5

Quote:
^obviously i was using some excuse to freepost without freeposting you bitch nig

No, I knew you were joking, but you and I both know there's people on this site who are trying to use the, "McCain may die" argument as a legitimate reason to vote for Obama. I was addressing them, not you.

I got you b.
Old 09-11-08, 11:05 PM   #157
J. Luth
I see dumb people

word b, I officially transfored to Arizona State as of sunday b

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 09-11-08, 11:28 PM   #158
Mannie Fresh
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: B390 A7D0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
As promised, here is the data that shows how Bush's tax cuts (supposedly for the rich) actually affected rich people. I'm going to break the data down into two sections.

Richest 1% of the population:

In 1990, the top 1% made 14% of the country's income. They paid 25% of the country's taxes.
In 2000, at the end of Bill Clinton's term, the top 1% made 21% of the country's income. They paid 37% of the country's taxes.
In 2007, after Bush's "tax cuts for the rich" were implemented, the top 1% made 21% of the country's income. They paid 39% of the country's taxes.

So, the tax cuts obviously haven't helped the richest 1% of the population. They're making the same amount of income as they were making when Bill Clinton was president, but now they're paying a little more taxes.

Richest 5% of the population:

In 1990, the top 5% made 27% of the country's income. They paid 44% of the country's taxes.
In 2000, the top 5% made 35% of the country's income. They paid 56% of the country's taxes.
In 2007, the top 5% made 36% of the country's income. They paid 60% of the country's taxes.

And so the trend continues. With the "help" of President Bush, the richest 5% make 1% more of the income, but pay 4% more of the taxes. The data actually seems to suggest that Bush's "tax cuts for the rich" aren't helping the rich all that much.

If you doubt the figures I just posted, all of the data is available at the Bureau of Economic Analysis (www.bea.gov), so feel free to have a look yourself.

Hey Blay, next time you want to start saying I'm the one buying into all of this political bullshit, you might want to make sure you know what the fuck you're talking about first. Thanks buddy!

why dont u post what they had to pay in 2003, 04, 05, 06, and the expected '08.... because i feel like there is a high probability that it was raised and raised during his presidency, and balooned to say 42%/62% and he cut them from there.... i dont feel as if that makes him a bad man, but i feel like there is some missing information here..... i also would be hesitant to accept alot of these stats just from personal experience... my family fit into the group that was supposed to either get a tax cut or get a check from the government from Bush... and neither happened... they honestly just as easily could Say they did something and Not do it... they are the government after all...

btw 3.99 gpa with only one A-.... cool dude, we're both smart

Fucka Katrina Gustav
Old 09-12-08, 12:33 AM   #159
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F3E4 5E69

Quote:
I believe that college has allowed me to get to a level of understanding and knowledge of the economy (among other things, but they aren't near as relavent to this thread as the economy is), and so yes, I believe that by me going and listening and studying and learning, that it makes me more knowledgeable about the economy then most people. I'm not talking about intelligence, as I'm not sure of a way that intelligence can be measured or compared. I'm talking about knowledge and learning. Your cop out of, "Oh I could have done better if I wanted to" is jack shit to me. Earlier in this thread you stated, "Who HASN'T cheated in college?," which implies that YOU have. Regardless of whether you cheated your way through or not, even though I'm pretty sure you did, ANYBODY can say they could have done better at ANYTHING. I could be saying, "Yeah, if I had given a shit in high school I could have won a bunch of scholarships and gone to Harvard and then I'd be really set!," but I'm not saying that because nobody ever gives a shit what you think you could have done.

I'm not going to be successful because I went to college. I'm going to be successful because I learned things and attained knowledge that I wouldn't have if I had opted to not go to college.

Man, you're either naive or stupid if you think the information provided by the BEA or the IRS is wrong. I seriously can't believe you dudes who are like, "Oh, anybody can just go in there and change something and nobody would notice, despite the holes in the data that would create!" I have NEVER seen somebody say information provided by the Bureau of Economic Analysis is inaccurate or biased. Only on rapverse, which doesn't say much.

And what's your point about slaves? I know some of the older presidents had slaves. I think Andrew Jackson was one of the, if not the worst, president in the history of the United States. He owned slaves, supported slavery and pushed Native Americans from east of the Mississippi River to Oklahoma. You telling me presidents are people and have fucked up before is not news to me.

See, the difference between you and mim's, is that i respect other peoples opinions and try to understand what the difference is between you and me.

I feel as if you on the other hand, have a resement type of mind set to people who differ from you.

I enjoy reading different things, and drawing conclusions based on differing opinions. I think its the best, and most logical way to draw a fair and unbiased opinion.

And as far as you drawing some conclusion, that i've cheated through college? Yeah, thats wrong. In all of my college class's, there was alot of kids who did cheat. I wasn't one of them. Weather or not you belivie that, is up to you. I just thought it was funny, becuase 90% of the college athletes, mostly football players, who were in my class's...some how magically would get A's ...n never show up to class.

N for your lil ramble about Jackson...yes your right, Andrew Jackson was a huge douche bag. And a complete racist, good job by our goverment by printing him all of the 20 dollar bill, huh?

I never said that the IRS, or the other website's information was ALWAYS false, but you can't sit there and say that the goverment is always 100% forthcoming with information.

If they were, why is it that the deparment of defense, doens't have to be liable to post up what they purchase?

If you really want to go into some debate about how our goverment has major loop holes to hide tax money, and were its going. I'm all for it.

I hope you respect my views, just as i do yours. N if you dont, thats fine.

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 09-12-08, 12:59 AM   #160
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie Fresh
why dont u post what they had to pay in 2003, 04, 05, 06, and the expected '08.... because i feel like there is a high probability that it was raised and raised during his presidency, and balooned to say 42%/62% and he cut them from there.... i dont feel as if that makes him a bad man, but i feel like there is some missing information here..... i also would be hesitant to accept alot of these stats just from personal experience... my family fit into the group that was supposed to either get a tax cut or get a check from the government from Bush... and neither happened... they honestly just as easily could Say they did something and Not do it... they are the government after all...

btw 3.99 gpa with only one A-.... cool dude, we're both smart

I didn't post that data because I didn't gather that data when I did the research last year. I know I could get it for you, but I'm not seeing the point. If taxes ballooned, then wouldn't that also support my theory that Bush is not helping the rich? Even if he provided the tax cuts after taxes ballooned (which I highly doubt happened because taxes don't increase that fast), the end result was that rich people were still paying more taxes then they were during Bill Clinton's presidency. That hypothetical situation still doesn't justify saying, "Bush is only helping rich people!"

What was/is your major and what school did you/are you going to?
Old 09-12-08, 01:04 AM   #161
Magic5

Quote:
See, the difference between you and mim's, is that i respect other peoples opinions and try to understand what the difference is between you and me.

I feel as if you on the other hand, have a resement type of mind set to people who differ from you.

I enjoy reading different things, and drawing conclusions based on differing opinions. I think its the best, and most logical way to draw a fair and unbiased opinion.

And as far as you drawing some conclusion, that i've cheated through college? Yeah, thats wrong. In all of my college class's, there was alot of kids who did cheat. I wasn't one of them. Weather or not you belivie that, is up to you. I just thought it was funny, becuase 90% of the college athletes, mostly football players, who were in my class's...some how magically would get A's ...n never show up to class.

N for your lil ramble about Jackson...yes your right, Andrew Jackson was a huge douche bag. And a complete racist, good job by our goverment by printing him all of the 20 dollar bill, huh?

I never said that the IRS, or the other website's information was ALWAYS false, but you can't sit there and say that the goverment is always 100% forthcoming with information.

If they were, why is it that the deparment of defense, doens't have to be liable to post up what they purchase?

If you really want to go into some debate about how our goverment has major loop holes to hide tax money, and were its going. I'm all for it.

I hope you respect my views, just as i do yours. N if you dont, thats fine.

I'm not talking about the Department of Defense. I don't care why they don't post up what they purchase. I'm talking about the Bureau of Economic Analysis. They've labeled when we've been in recessions, when our economy has been in the gutter, as well as when our economy has been doing extremely well. They're unbiased. What reason do they have to post up inaccurate information? They don't have one. That's why they don't do it.

I'm not saying it's outside all realms of possibility for the BEA to post up something that's not accurate, it just hasn't happened. Liberals and conservatives alike use the BEA to gather economic data. It's not a biased organization, and they have no reason to hide necessary data.
Old 09-12-08, 01:05 AM   #162
Magic5

Quote:
word b, I officially transfored to Arizona State as of sunday b

What the fuck, are you serious b?
Old 09-12-08, 01:14 AM   #163
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F3E4 5E69

Quote:
I'm not talking about the Department of Defense. I don't care why they don't post up what they purchase. I'm talking about the Bureau of Economic Analysis. They've labeled when we've been in recessions, when our economy has been in the gutter, as well as when our economy has been doing extremely well. They're unbiased. What reason do they have to post up inaccurate information? They don't have one. That's why they don't do it.

I'm not saying it's outside all realms of possibility for the BEA to post up something that's not accurate, it just hasn't happened. Liberals and conservatives alike use the BEA to gather economic data. It's not a biased organization, and they have no reason to hide necessary data.

Your contradicting yourself

Your stating that they have no reason to lie, that they dont lie...yet its not unreasonable for them to lie?

The goverment in itself is shady, period. Like i stated before, and i strongly belivie, anyone who doesn't belivie that is naive.

N this whole conversation is about the 'goverment' ....so why not include the department of defense? Why continue to narrow the subject, so that only 'one area' can be focused on? The only area, that you seem to know the most about?

Is it because you know the most about it? Or is it becuase you know that the other area's are even more shady?

I feel that if you only look @ one part, how can you justify the whole?

Its like saying...if a person lies to 80% of the people that he talks to...but doesn't lie to you, or your freinds. Is that person a truthful person?

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 09-12-08, 07:33 AM   #164
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: A650 2DD8

Quote:
What the fuck, are you serious b?

LOL hell nah b. I'm the Kid, I kid I kiddd

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 09-12-08, 12:50 PM   #165
Magic5

IP: E844 F393

Quote:
Your contradicting yourself

Your stating that they have no reason to lie, that they dont lie...yet its not unreasonable for them to lie?

The goverment in itself is shady, period. Like i stated before, and i strongly belivie, anyone who doesn't belivie that is naive.

N this whole conversation is about the 'goverment' ....so why not include the department of defense? Why continue to narrow the subject, so that only 'one area' can be focused on? The only area, that you seem to know the most about?

Is it because you know the most about it? Or is it becuase you know that the other area's are even more shady?

I feel that if you only look @ one part, how can you justify the whole?

Its like saying...if a person lies to 80% of the people that he talks to...but doesn't lie to you, or your freinds. Is that person a truthful person?

I didn't contradict myself. I said it's not outside all realms of possibility to suggest that they could post up inaccurate data. Do you know what "outside of all realms of possibility" means? NOTHING is outside all realms of possibility. That doesn't mean it's reasonable to suggest that the BEA posts up inaccurate data because they NEVER have. They've been around since 1854 and haven't fucked up yet. That's why I trust the information they provide. That doesn't mean that at some point in time in the future they won't make a mistake, it just means it is HIGHLY unlikely. Up your reading comprehension man. What university let your dumbass graduate? I didn't contradict myself. Ask anybody who can read what "all realms of possibility" means before you start bullshitting again.

Define shady. I can't talk about whether the government is shady or not if we haven't determined what shady is defined as. And I only narrow it to the BEA because THAT'S THE ONLY GROUP WE'RE FUCKING TALKING ABOUT. Are you seriously this stupid? I posted up information about Bush's tax cuts, quoting the BEA's information. You said it's inaccurate. I said you're wrong. I haven't talked about whether the government's "shady" or not. I've been talking about whether the BEA is shady or not. Why do you keep broadening the argument to include an organization that's irrelevant to the discussion? It doesn't make any fucking sense.

This is why I don't respect your opinion. I respect people. The only people who have posted serious shit in this thread who I respect are In-Vision and Logic. Look at the posts I directed towards them, then compare that to the posts I direct towards you, Blay, and everybody else. I respect them because I know that they know what they're talking about. When I say something, they read it and try to understand where I'm coming from, and I do the same thing for them. Both of them are voting for Obama and I never called either of them stupid, or morons, or idiots or anything else, because they're voting for Obama for legitimate reasons.

Everything you're saying is bullshit. You have terrible reading comprehension, and half the shit you say is WRONG. It's not an opinion if you say shit that's inaccurate. I don't respect your opinion because I don't consider what you're typing an opinion. You have no idea what you're talking about, and as hard as you pretend that you do, I can tell that you don't. That's why I respond the way that I do towards you, and CALI, and Blay, and half the people on this fucking site. There's a bunch of morons here and you guys don't even realize how fucking stupid you look.

Like I said, I'm not against the idea of people voting for Obama. If you have different values or beliefs then I do, then vote for him. It doesn't bother me. You guys asked why I'm voting for McCain and I explained why. If you disagree with me, or think other things are more important, then that's fine. I really don't care. But don't start saying shit that's irrelevant, inaccurate, and then accusing me of dodging questions or being ignorant. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.