RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-03, 07:54 PM   #211
Ajax 0042

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D251 FCF5

Quote:
Originally posted by prophiit

Final thought.......

The main problem in America is not the politicians, the taxes, the unemployment, the stock market, terrorism, war, none of things. The problem is latent apathy. To many people just don't care anymore, and they outnumber the ones who do. Some have the attitude of "its not my problem" when really it's everybodies. I also cannot stress enough the importance on voting, and not just in Presidential elections, or when a chance to legalize marijuana is on the ballot. Voting is something we fought long and hard to get, first the British, then ourselves (blacks women latinos), for us to simply not take advantage of it. For those who do not like the state of the union, by all means let the powers that be know it, VOTE! Then tell every one you know to vote, then tell them to tell every one they know to vote, and so on and so on until this country is showing active participation. It's easy to bitch and moan, it's more difficult to do something about it.

Good point, people only care about themselves, and whats in it for them. People only will do something if it benifits them in the end, people need to work to gether to solve problems that relate to everyone, like what prophit stated. Also, like prophit stated, we need to take charge of our right to vote, with the example above...

..resp..
Old 09-21-03, 09:35 PM   #212
Gonzo

IP: AC38 0D70

Sighs...Dont get me started on America and the problems we have..
Old 09-21-03, 09:41 PM   #213
Gonzo

IP: AC38 0D70

Ya prophit is right tho..Barely 50% of Americas legal voters actually vote
Old 09-21-03, 11:23 PM   #214
Ajax 0042

G. wiz. i challenge you to get started on america n its problems, thats what this threads for...
Old 09-21-03, 11:49 PM   #215
ålphå bë†
Who Needs Elevation?

Text Record: 18-6
IP: CDBE 76F0

Bein An American....Means Bein Hated,Bein "The Best",Bein The First,Bein The Worst,Bein Free....Really I Wouldnt Know Wat It Means To Me...Bein An American.

I Kno Of Nothing Else
Send a message via AIM to ålphå bë† Send a message via Yahoo to ålphå bë†   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-03, 11:55 PM   #216
Pro.Fess.In.All
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-2
IP: 8BEC CACE

Sometimes I find it easy to say that I'm not proud to be an American, but i wouldn't go anywhere else.
Old 09-22-03, 10:06 AM   #217
Maven

IP: 59AD 8C08

Heres my contribution besides clownin B-Squared.

Countries are stupid things. I mean, they're good when it comes to keeping the peace with law and stuff, but when someone disagrees with someone else's form of The Status Quo, they decide to turn whatever peace existed into chaos. Thus, I maintain that countries are stupid things. They are an invisible line on the ground that further divides the human race, an invisible line that people are willing to die for.

Nationalism is a sham. Just because you live in America instead of Ghana, for example, doesn't make you any better or any worse. If someone from Ghana had something interesting to say, they wouldn't be heard because of where they're from. So taking pride in the fact that your country allows you to say what you want is just stupid. Chances are, nobody cares what you have to say anyways.

Having a thread about America is retarded. I Don't know why you'd waste your time with a government that would rather travel across the ocean to fight terrorism, rather than fighting it in their own streets.

But there's the invisible line again, see?
Old 09-22-03, 11:04 AM   #218
Dj Silver_Sir-Fa

IP: F3D3 3619

WerD

I'm not proud of my country,
I'm happy that i'm here rather than in 3rd world countries
But government is a sham,
its just a bunch of preppy posh people doin what they want
and fucking the countrie up in the process.
And monarchy what a waste of our fucking time and money.
Old 09-22-03, 12:49 PM   #219
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Text Record: 1-0
IP: F005 00C3

^^Understatement, this thread has 15 pages of replies, and only is considered stupid by those who have no insight to share.

How can a thread which has so much content posted in it, be stupid. It's on a very involved and intetlectual level, althought some people posted stupid comments, the majority of the content here can not ba labeled stupid.

You don't know why we waste our time on a government that is busy fighting a War overseas? We have to care about our system of Government is we want to remain a free society. If we value anything from our childhood, or way of life, we need to spend time discusing ways to make imoprovements. If everyone had you lack of concern for the politics that shape thier future the US would be in much worse shape today. I can see things getting worse in the future if more of todays youth adopt your juvinille policy where our country is concerned. It's very alarming that people as bright as you, talented with skills in writting, and producing music, do not voice thier concerns for the countryin which they live. Right now you may say it does not afect you in any way, but I promise there will come a day it affects you and those you care for most adversly. I pray we do not reach that day, but as things are looking today, I can foreshadow that event, but it's up to people such as yourself to care enough to make a difference. When it hits home, you're going to wish people like myself and those contributing to this thread did more to make a difference.
Old 09-22-03, 03:57 PM   #220
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

You See Dogg, obviously you have not been affected by the damage this administration is doing. You have excuses to why theses things are happening to us. But they shouldn't be happening.

Do you know the gov't takes taxes out and unemployment check?
What kind of shit is that? It's not like your making a living out of that shit.

The gov't gives us just enough freedom to numb our senses. They say yeah your free to say whatever you want to say.

Okay one night I chose to say "fuck the police", and I got a supreme beatdown and jail time. Mind you I never said it directly to the police, he over heard me saing it.

That's not freedom

My girl was wrongfully accused when her SISTER drove her grandmothers car into a building. They said they supeona her to court & she didn't show. IN all actuallity, the time the guy who's serves the people their supeona, said he served her at home when she actually was at work. So he lied, they suspended her liscense based on that. So she had to hire a lawyer, and be scared, while driving while they sort this mess out. She got pulled over this morning for "disrespecting a stop sign", and went to jail. She swore she didn't run it, and the cop tried to flirt with her. She wasn't going for it, so he threw her in the clink.

That's not free

When you can get caught up in the system and it' s actually destroying your life, that shit is not freedom. The Canadian Politician in "Bowling for Columbine" said it best. "The American people pick on those [people]that can't defend themselves".

That ain't freedom man

You wanna know why people don't vote, cause that shit is a sham. That's why they are talking about getting rid of the electoral college.

They tell you vote for the people that have your ideas as a concern. It's evident we ain't changin nothin. We've been changing presidents for years, and the police still beatin' niggaz down. The prison system is big business, I just bailed a homie out a couple a weeks ago with $750, there were over a hundred people there waiting all day. And they tell you, you can't go anywhere. they got vending machines there to make dough off of that, they got parking meters you have to sneak and constantly feed, cause it takes 8-10 to gettem out of there. It only took him 2 1/2 hours to go in.
While he was in there, he said he talk to about 6 niggas who said the police planted some shit on them. They didn't have any bail money, no money for a lawyer, and they can't make any money while they in there, so their jobs went down in the drain, evicted out of there apt's. And they stay there for yearsa fighting cases.

I can't brag about the freedom in this country, knowing that any minute so cop can come along and ruin my life if he's having a bad day.

That's why I'm saying, they just string us along, and we have to do what they say...but we're free...

Only the rich are free, and republicans are for the rich, and it's pretty obvious. Their whole GRAND PLAN, fo rthe economy is give the money to the businesses, and tax breaks for the rich.

When bush gave us those checks, I was like "hey, my kind of president", but then I heard about the rich people was getting paid and they didn't even need it... at the same time people on welfare or people that didn't work got nothing...
What's wrong with that picture.

I don't even watch the news, I know it's slanted, you can't believe anything. During the 1st days they reported they were 50 miles outside of Baghdad, and they were truckin', a day passed, and they still hadn't reached baghdad. then the next day they were right in the middle of baghdad. ?!?!?

Amllio daillo got shot 48 times, and he was unarmed...freedom?
The officers were acquitted, they had done nothing wrong...in the courts eyes.

You see the conversation is "moot" to those that haven't experienced the injustices that go on back stage in America. The intricate predjudices that are brainwashed in the upper classes that help them sleep, and BELIEVE that they aren't prejudice against the lower class.

They make millions, while we can't afford to make millions. We can't afford to go to college, so we work at 2 minimum wage jobs and end up making $200 bi weekly. When Bush made the tax cut's I got $78 bucks back, A rich man (who was against Bush), reported he had gotten back over a 100 thou. he said I'm already rich you moron, but thanks

Who do you think needed that more

Iraq
or
poor people in America

Of course Clinton was briefed of this information, and it wasn't important, and it still is not important. It's been said a million times that this was an ELECTIVE war meaning, it wasn't necessary right now. We flew bombing sorties over there everyday, since the intial gulf war. Loosing them up for this...

It's the American way!
Old 09-22-03, 05:29 PM   #221
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

^ Do you even have a clue as to what your saying? I mean it, this is not a joke question. You are telling me Bush is responsible for the legal system, the justice system? Now I know you do not have the slightest clue, please leave that critique to someone ignroant. I am not! The legal system has been corrupted by the liberal left. They control the courts of this country and all fo the latest contraverstial issies in the news in that last few month, reflect that. The liberals control those portions of governement. From the over tuning of ther election in Cali, to the ACLU influence over our courts in Goergia. From the removal of the pslams in arizona to the, blocking of every Supreme court appointee with a religous background. It's demorilazation of a society at best, all fuled by the liberal left wing. I have making my case against them from that one. Bush did not do any of that!

You think I am some spoon feed well groomed suit, whith my head up my ass all these years. Dawg I am far from that, I have been affected first hand. I have been on the toher end of the police guna nd baton. I have had my freedom stripped from me for a significant amount of time. All I am saying is why fall down and fucken cry like a girl? I fouhgt my way out of the ghette, out of the SYSTEM, and into a positon of respect. Not by whinning or ebing a bitch, but by standing for what I belive, like a man should. Cops have done more wrong to me, than you know, and we can have this discusion out side of RB, like other here who know my story. I can give you a detailed account of my history, but only off RB. I am not in the position to air my dirty laundy for all to see, for reason you can imagine. I hold governemnt clearance's and have a very high level position in the national defense arena. Now if things are as you say, none of this would be possible. I know youre thinking, well than I am just luck and one in a million. I'll tell you right now, I thought the same thing, but you would be suprised at just how many of my counter parts have had similar experinces in their live. The only difference is what they did with thei life. The did not allow that crap to stop them, they pushed onward and upward. Just like me, and just like Im am asking all here to do. Don't let the corruption of the system drain the life out of you, cuz that's what they want. Hey if you are truely raised from the same resolve I was, then you do not run when things get hot, You stand and fight back like a man, you never give up or give in. Aply yoursame code and ethic from the hood in everything in life, and you will over come. I did! You may think I am some computer geek, or just talking bullshit, but you would be so wrong. I care about the people of this country, most importantly the youth, I know hoh easy it is to feel beat down, held back. That only makes it easier for a kid with that belief, that he will not suceed, to pick up a weapon and fall into thier trap. Not me, and not those who understand life is waht you make it. Just because they ehald you down, wrongfully accused, andf other bullshit they are know to do to keep us in line, that does not mean you should just give the fuck up. Hell no, don't give them the satisfaction. I am telling you, it's nice to laugh in the face off all those who said you will be nothing. From teachers to cops to lawyers to judges. I look at those bullshit ass cops, in their bullshit ass house and laugh at them, I make more money my first year, than they have after 10. They told me I would die in prison or the streets. Will I just might, but after they ate every one of thier viscious words. I know it is not easy, I lived it too. Honestly if I were to adopt you thinking, I would basically have to tell my daughter that she is a no body and will never be a nobody. She lives in a country where there is no freedom unless you are stinking rich. Hell no, you can tell you children that, but I am not. I am going to do all I can to ensure my daughter has a decent country and decent life. It's not a hate Bush topic, it's a lets make things better topic.

Antoher thing about your jiberish ove the refund check,s it was all based on how much you put in. Those who put little to nothing in, got litle to nothing back.Plain and simple, so you have no agruement again. It's so flemsly your every attempt to down Bush. But the picture you paint of our societies promlems are a real one, and very scary. It's your weakness at linking them all back to Bush, that is horendous.
One more thing, before you get embarassed by someone in the know, all the bombings in Iraq's UN backed no fly zones were because of thier hostile actions. They were not to fly in those areas, or 'paint' any of our aircraft in that region. We returned fire every time our planes were locked on to. If you were the pilot patroling that part of the word and a SAM site lock on you, what are you going to do? Bombs away, well there was a protocal, and in every incedent protocal was follwed except by the Iraqies following orders from thier leaders. If you are so against all these tax issue's and the squandoring of governemnt dollars, then you are fighting for the wrong side. You keep proving my points the more you post, and if yoo don't belive me just ask the people here. Legend, all your issues seem to me to be a by-product of those liberal politicians and thier liberal agenda. Why are you not seeing that. The President is a conservative, he is not a liberal. He does not belive in big government or more taxes. It is the very opposite, and you seem completly unaware of how the American political system or the government system works all together. I don't even need to respond to your comments because they prove my point without me even having to make one.

No disrepect, just trying to get you to understand where your problems are comming from. It's not Bush, unless you are just aginst the war. A wise man would look deeper into the issue, and I know you mean well, but I think you need to sort out your issues and apply some logic there. I am sure you wil see things in a another light, if you take the time to look closer..

Last edited by bouncedoggydog : 09-22-03 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-22-03, 05:44 PM   #222
Ajax 0042

"Bowling for Columbine" brings up alot of good ? on this matter, sugest seeing it if your serious on this matter, but Legend has good evidence on hs side of the story...

"They make millions, while we can't afford to make millions. We can't afford to go to college, so we work at 2 minimum wage jobs and end up making $200 bi weekly. When Bush made the tax cut's I got $78 bucks back, A rich man (who was against Bush), reported he had gotten back over a 100 thou. he said I'm already rich you moron, but thanks

Who do you think needed that more

Iraq
or
poor people in America"

very ture, why does every tax cut or payback from the goverment only apply mainly to the rich, they are the only one benifiting from it???

"Only the rich are free, and republicans are for the rich, and it's pretty obvious. Their whole GRAND PLAN, fo rthe economy is give the money to the businesses, and tax breaks for the rich.

When bush gave us those checks, I was like "hey, my kind of president", but then I heard about the rich people was getting paid and they didn't even need it... at the same time people on welfare or people that didn't work got nothing...
What's wrong with that picture. "

another good point. everything in this country revolves around the rich, while the working class, those who have 2 and 3 jobs get shit on by the rich, for instance, a richperson will disrespect a poorer working class person because they dont have as much money, but the working person doesnt have any money becuase the rich keep rippen them off, in major companies such as parker hanafen and dayco eastman, they are laying off over half their work force, making those who have not been layed off doin 5 times as much work, only so the CEO can save more money..

go figure...
Old 09-22-03, 06:15 PM   #223
Maven

IP: 05F2 D3DB

Quote:
Originally posted by bouncedoggydog
^^Understatement, this thread has 15 pages of replies, and only is considered stupid by those who have no insight to share.

How can a thread which has so much content posted in it, be stupid. It's on a very involved and intetlectual level, althought some people posted stupid comments, the majority of the content here can not ba labeled stupid.

You don't know why we waste our time on a government that is busy fighting a War overseas? We have to care about our system of Government is we want to remain a free society. If we value anything from our childhood, or way of life, we need to spend time discusing ways to make imoprovements. If everyone had you lack of concern for the politics that shape thier future the US would be in much worse shape today. I can see things getting worse in the future if more of todays youth adopt your juvinille policy where our country is concerned. It's very alarming that people as bright as you, talented with skills in writting, and producing music, do not voice thier concerns for the countryin which they live. Right now you may say it does not afect you in any way, but I promise there will come a day it affects you and those you care for most adversly. I pray we do not reach that day, but as things are looking today, I can foreshadow that event, but it's up to people such as yourself to care enough to make a difference. When it hits home, you're going to wish people like myself and those contributing to this thread did more to make a difference.

I can see what you are saying. I know there are intellectual points, and I do believe government is a very important thing, but the US government just frustrates me.
I'd just like to say, right off the bat, that I am a Canadian, so this is really none of my buisness. I am simply pointing out what I see.
The United States government does not have any control over, and therefore does not care about it's people. It will look at major corporations, and it will respect their opinions, but when it comes to a disabled homeless person, they turn a deaf ear to their pleas. Sure the have programs to help them get jobs and the like, but nobody will hire someone with no references and a disability. The shit don't work.
I say they don't have control because of the states themselves. They do not have have any Federal Laws. The only consistancy throughout the states are the basic laws that every country has (ie. Don't kill, steal, do drugs etc). Basically, the United States is like a whole bunch of countries living under one name and pooling their economy. That is a very generalized version, but let's face it, I don't know the specifics.
My problem with the war on terrorism is that they didn't even do anything positive. The didn't kill Osama Bin Laden. They caused mass chaos in Iraq. All they did was cause more pain and suffering that the dictators had done. And Canada gets shitted on because we didn't want to be a part of it.
Not only did we not want to, we weren't able to, because we're busy picking up the pieces in Afghanistan and Yugoslavia and everywhere else that America has shitted on.

I seem to be talking in ever diminishing circles until I disappear down my own mouthhole
I dislike being a bitter asshole, and I know I don't have all the facts, but this is just my viewpoint.
Old 09-22-03, 06:19 PM   #224
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

B squared you disappoint me with that response. I am not rich and I do not see the point as it was stated.

Once again about the tax return checks, they are based on what you put into the system. You can't expect to get back anymore of what you put in. If you are not working, then how can you get an INCOME tax refund. If you make 50,000 a year and recieve 5 percent back, it is still the same as someone who is making 500,000 a year who also recieves 5 percent back. Sure the 500,000 dollar a year guy gets more in return, it's called math. It's percentage of what you paid in taxes. Now if you are talking about something other than the refund, like the actual tax brackets, then that is a whole other arguement. One I would agree with most of you on. So please use that type of info, to get your point across, not nonsense. Please I understand what you guy's want to say here, but niether one of you have put it into intellegent terms. You keep defeating your arguements by the structure in which you write the post. I know the rich are treated differently but you guy's are not doing your cause any justice if you can't produce an arguement with any logic behind it. Deos anyone have any clue who has to the most money on average between the two political party officals today? Well it is not the Conservatives, that is for sure. The elite on the left control more money and power in this country than anyone else. They control our schools and our courts, so please get your head out of your ass and come correct. I want to hear a valid reference made from your side, I really do, I know of some, but I am waiting on one of you to touch upon it.

How many of the working class with two or three jobs, actually took high school serious and pursued a good college education, waited to have shildren and married. I know there are some, but the numbers are lopsided. I know those families that have money ensure thier desendants keep that money in the family. I know it is hard to word yourself out of poverty. It is hard, not impossible! Unlike those in the cast system, where born garbage man, and stay garbage man ideology is in place. Now that is fucked up in a major way. I was born poor, uneducated and helpless. Today, I am for from poor, far from uneducated and helpless please. I did not sit around blamming everything on Bush or the rich or this or that. I blammed myself and my parents. That waqs it. They did not know any better and I moved on. I will pass everything I can down to my daughter, so that she is one step ahead of me, and so on, until my family heritage is removed from the ghetto and takes it's place as a success in this society. It will happen, if I can make a difference in my daughters life, belive I already have...

I am not rich, I am not a CEO, yet, but I do understand that we are responsible for our situation. Even if we were a victim at some point in our life, we still have to push onward and upward. We can not just lie down and be burried. I could have given up, let the system and the society beat me down. Turn to drugs and live off the system. Leave my daughter and her mother to fend for themself, but if I was that way would any of you respect me. Hell no. If it was me telling you I give up, I am beat, knowing what kind of person I am. You would get pissed off at me, and tell me otherwise, justt as I have been trying to do for you here. I know it's hard, I know its corrupt and I know it seems impossible, but I also know first hand it can be done.

Last edited by bouncedoggydog : 09-22-03 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-22-03, 06:30 PM   #225
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

^^^NIGGAH PLEASE^^^^
Spare me that bullshit, We're talking about two different things at the same time, and your mixing them up to make me look like I don't know what's up.

The more bullshit you spit the more YOU prove my point!

First of all the thread is What does America mean to you?

We are talking about how free this country really is. Bush was brought into the convo, cause. he has contributed to the bigger gov't forming. YET you have an excuse for his stupid ass everytime something comes up! You say he is a conservative and is against bigger gov't. BULLSHIT! because he has created Homeland security. Now laws are being passed where police can pull anybody over, they can now legally tap your phone, or come in your crib if they want too. Ask them why and they'll say "uhhhhh we suspected him as being a terrorist"

You gotdamn right I'ma stand for what's right! But you know what? people who stand up for what's right, seemed to get taken out...notice that?

Look it depends on what kind of person you are, and the opportunities life gives you. If you are ambitious, and haven't been dealt that many blows you can make it. But if they plant a scale and a pound of weed in your car...your fucked...

You see the system is set-up to keep us down. Tell Opey, that he can make a living at a company that doesn't mind about his record. Most people hear you talkin that bull but if they don't know a way to come up, then they will stay down.

That's americas plan, the rich sit back and keep theri investment secrets, build companies, and those that aren't rich, work for them and get paid peanuts

oh yeah no disrespect