RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-04, 03:02 PM   #16
T West
Middle Weight

Text Record: 14-6
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B20F 67F7

so bounce, wat ur saying is that it is likely that there is life on mars? even if it is bacteria. Im not very good with space issues, but didn't like a meteor collide with Mars at one point in its history...so wouldn't that of basically ended all life on the planet? Forgive me if im wrong, im very dense in this field of astronomy (if thats wat it is even called).

Currently Open Battles:
T West vs. Kizza
Send a message via AIM to T West   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-04, 03:29 PM   #17
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

What the European Space Agency Satalie 'Mars Express' (not NASA) foudn was two things:

1) Traces of Water-Ice mixed with large deposits of frozen Carbon Dioxide after scanning the Poles on Mars. While it is theoretically possible micro organism might still exist in the ice, we're talking about the lowest possible level of life.

2) The photographs they have taken close up of valleys and canyons on mars show signs of having being eroded by water at some point in the past. Therefore, larger organism may have existed in the oceans and rivers that once covered parts of mars. There may even have being some low level funguses that made it out of the water and onto the rocks. However, Mars really never had the necessary atmosphere required for life to evolve like the earth has had.

Although large asteroids (smaller asteroids hit planets all the time) like those that caused periods of extinction on earth may have hit mars in the past, most if not all life that may once have existed on mars probably died off as the sun cooled down dropping the surface temperature below freezing.

Still, if evidence of life is found on mars it is a huge scientific breakthrough because it increases the probability of life everywhere else in the universe.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-04, 03:43 PM   #18
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Text Record: 1-0
IP: F005 00C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo
so bounce, wat ur saying is that it is likely that there is life on mars? even if it is bacteria. Im not very good with space issues, but didn't like a meteor collide with Mars at one point in its history...so wouldn't that of basically ended all life on the planet? Forgive me if im wrong, im very dense in this field of astronomy (if thats wat it is even called).

If there is water there is life, that does not imply life in the form as you and I have come to know it. It could be simply bio precursors, basic building blocks of organic life. In our quest to find extra terristrial life, we rule out specific forms based on the pressence of substances in a known region. For instance, a planet known to have an accumulation of carbon based material, such as earth, would suggest any form of life would be of the carbon based variety. To narrow down our search in such a vast back drop of space, we learn about the eviorment and determine exactly what type of life if any would thrive in such conditions. Carbon based creatures exchange Oxygen for Carbon dioxide, so our atmosphere must have an abundance of this waste material. We can then research the material known on a planet and look for signature traces of it's waste type. This can be done by studing the isotopes found housed in mineral sediments, rock formations, the atomosphere and many other sources. Martian Chronicles (ray bradburry)depicts this well, as the martians are silicon based creatures, which means any waste would be a cyrstalized form of silcon. In the novel the martians expelled clumps of crystal strucutres. Even in a ficticious tale, the mechanics of science is applied. So for the planets we do know much about, we use the information to look for the most realistic means of life, without being blinded by the assumption only carbon based life can exist. In the vast sea's believed to exist under the frozen gas layer of Jupites moon's Io and Europa, Astrobiology experts expect possible life to be that of great sea monsters. Some form of creature that thrives in the icy waters below the frozen crust, brilliant in color and form. Unseen like no other form of life, a luminous type creature similar in many means to that of the deep sea creatures dwelling in the merkeist deepest sea's known on earth... Just an educated guess based on the information/data gathered on Jupiters most interesting sattilites...

Just amazing...

Last edited by bouncedoggydog : 01-23-04 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-23-04, 03:45 PM   #19
CraFty

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 3B20 6C52

lol..the rover died.
Old 01-23-04, 03:48 PM   #20
÷Thìñg÷
.::It::.

IP: EC0B 84C7

Thats nice to no if there really is water there
.................................................. ..................
Old 01-23-04, 03:50 PM   #21
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÷Thìñg÷
Thats nice to no if there really is water there
.................................................. ..................

I think that has long been proven...
Old 01-23-04, 05:47 PM   #22
Dragon I
British Beef Personified

IP: DE5F 35F4

i read a book once on the possibilities of other life forms on planets, and it specualted that u could even get life in suns. wouldn't exactly be life as we can imagin it though. it takes the meaning of life as pattern that replicates itslef. on a sun though it would work as a pattern of charged plasma particles that replicate themselves. if u look at life like that, all kinds off strange possibilities occur, such as hydrogen based life forms existing on planets like pluto (although pluto apparently isn't a planet anymore) that absorb oppositely chaged hydrogne particles to release the energy nescessary to replicate and continue they're own existence. although i think that's what it said about them. not sure if u can get energy that way, cos it's a while since i read that book. as for life on mars though. you're only gonna get it in bacterial forms. unless those nuts saying u have a martian civilisation underground are true. but then they're nuts, so there u go.
Old 01-23-04, 06:01 PM   #23
OutWrite
Must Be Bingo, I-1

Text Record: 3-0
IP: 2C90 AED2

Ever Heard Of The Ebola Virus?

Yea, The Serioius Virus That Turns ur Organs To Liquid In 4 Days?

Scientists Think Due To The Iron Oxide And Other Bull Shit In The Composition Of The Surface, The Ebola Virus Could Have At One Time Came From Mars,

But There Already is Life On Mars, In The Manner Of Frozen Micro Organisms, Suspended In Time, The Same Shit They Said On The Moon,

And The Bacteria On Mars, If They Bring Any Back, Could Contain The Feared Bucket-O-Apocalypse

So Therye Gunna Crash It Into The Sahara, Have a BioHazerd Pick Up And Stash it In A Level 4 Containment Center

Wait...

They did That With Moon Rocks

They Were Stolen.... Hmmmmm

The Ebola Virus Breaks Out In The Early 70's....

Strange Coincidence? I Think Not....

Nawfik's Out, Back To Chi...........
Old 01-23-04, 06:04 PM   #24
~LyRiCaL-JeZuS~

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 424C A1D7

Well dont automaticly assume its inteligent life u know it could be any for of life and its probly nothin big an inteligent, the planet is too barren. But maybe millions of years ago there was something more inteligent and a wider array of life.
Egxactly what Bounce said actually, for once I agree wit him

Last edited by ~LyRiCaL-JeZuS~ : 01-23-04 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-23-04, 06:21 PM   #25
EyI-SyTeZ
Flyweight

Text Record: 4-1
IP: 93F1 33ED

Whata breakthrough, neva know what's out there
Old 01-23-04, 06:24 PM   #26
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LyRiCaL-JeZuS~
Egxactly what Bounce said actually, for once I agree wit him

I predict much more of that to come...
Old 01-23-04, 06:34 PM   #27
COM
Yes I Know

IP: DF7B C8F7

i want some mars water for my bong
Old 01-23-04, 06:42 PM   #28
Koalatee
See ya.

Text Record: 0-0
IP: B910 8CBB

I will never be interested in this sort of thing, I'm afraid. .
Still > you.

R h y m e | V a n t a g e
Old 01-23-04, 07:17 PM   #29
Dragon I
British Beef Personified

IP: 09C7 61DE

some people are and some people aren't. guess it depends on how much scientific stuff you're shown as a child or somehting. psychological growth and stuff.
Old 01-23-04, 07:55 PM   #30
inspire
.-.Marxism.-.

Text Record: 13-3
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: BE33 4EB8

Who cares.. As long as other life doesn't come prodding around my anal region I'm quite happy. Besides, if I was from another planet I wouldn't come to Earth.. No doubt we'd get wind of a new inhabitable world and proceed to force them out American-Indian style.. w00t w00t! Don't fuck with the 31337 hax0r humans!!!!11
Send a message via MSN to inspire Send a message via Yahoo to inspire   Reply With Quote