RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-07, 11:34 AM   #1
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
Why does everyone try to find every possible reason NOT to believe in God, rather than looking at what is evident?

because there is no evidence

think about it the ancient romans thought a guy with a big old chariot pulled the sun

ancient greeks thought a man held up the sky

both have much more logical and provable explanations

God is a metaphor for the nature of existence
Old 02-03-07, 10:20 PM   #2
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP:

actually Historians do beleive Jesus walked this earth and he was crusified they just dont beleive that he ROSE AGAIN and he did!!!!!

I am not brainwashed either apexx

The search for worth is what I was looking for AND I was feeling pretty useless and God gave me a reason to live to know that I AM DEVINE

2 Kings 17:7-15 - speaks on how They worshipped worthless idols and became worthless themselves

Idol is somthing you put before God in your life

of course Apexx im sure since your SO smart you knew that yourself

Have you ever seen one of those commercials at night where theyre like "take this pill and you'll loose 20 lbs in a month" or however they go. and you get all excited and think "wow this is what I REALLY,REALLY NEED!!!!" so you order it and you expect it to be the best thing created and expect to be feeling great from the effects..but then as time goes by you realize..."wow this stuff isnt' working" then you get back to thinking "they lied to ME! and now im worse then I was before"

See Satan is a FALSE advitiser......He will try to take your life by anymeans!!! and he will try to take away your relationship you have with God

He will put things in your life that make you think that your being fufilled but in the end you STILL FEEL EMPTY and dont have that fufillment

Thats how it was for me a month or so ago..when I finally partied with all the "cool kids" and I said.."this is what everyone was doign? how is this cool this was LAME"

Relationship - A need to feel loved

LIE - If you are in a relationship you feel loved
TRUTH - Relationships outside of God's plan make you feel used

LIE - If im alone I WILL FEEL ALONE
TRUTH - Relationships withouth the RELATIONSHIP will leave you lonely

God has to be a source in a relationship you know

Theres an other Idol

The Idol of Image and the feeling of being accepted

Lie - If you look good you feel GOOD
thats not always true for example
ex:Some days you FEEL AWFUL but you still know that your looking kinda cute

Truth - If you focus on outer image it'll make you feel insecure

"You can only wear on the outside what you can sustain in the inside"

theres an other IDOL

THE IDOL OF SUCESS

Lie - if you are sucessful you will feel fufilled
TRUTH - if you are driven by sucess in mans world eyes you WILL FEEL EMPTY
Ex:all the big head time actors/actresses,rappers,football stars feel
more suicidal,divorce more,there lives are all over papers saying "more tears"
And what they need and you need IS JESUS CHRIST

HE IS NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES and KING OF KINGS

see Apexx I think the thing with you is....because I remember you talking about how you were once a christian and all that jazz you were speaking about how you even wanted to be a pastor..and u know what I think you just didn't want to go through with the process....I think that God showed you that you could lead thousands of youth to christ..but you came up with exuses..you just wanted the end result without the work in the middle.....
you think what you are thinking is pure but it truley isnt

Proverbs 16:2 - All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes;but the Lord weighs the SPIRITS

see and the other thing i see is in your heart IS YOU KNOW GOD and you know of Jesus yOU KNOW Its all real but in the inside you just deny it...

Romans 1:21-22 says "FOR EVEN though they KNEW God, they did not honor HIM as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their SPECULATIONS, and their foolish heart was darnkened, Professing to be wise,THEY BECAME FOOLS

see Apexx.....this life with Christ..is a Taste and See kind of relationship GOD wants you to have everything..and its hard for you to see because you have money cars and all that jazz...and well thats great im happy for you

but see the way you were taught was all about the LOVE of Christ...theres an other side of Christ.....YOU EVEN said GOD IS A JUDGE.....He will have to judge you one day..see its like this

Say a man sitting on a plane 20,000 feet in the air is handed a parachute....The tendent says "put it on" they're flight was perfectly fine though. Now as he has it on for a while he is starting to get laughed at and picked on....and he suddenly says "why did i put this on?" and he takes it off and says "its a long time before Ill put this on" and i honestly think this is the situation your at right now

But now look at it this way......If you KNEW what was going to happen when you die..and you knew the wrath that God would have towards those who sent you'd draw close to Christ.....

Think of it like this

Theres an other man on the plane...and hes given a parachute and the tendant says "hurry put it on your going to be jumping off in 5 mins" hes going to grasp that parachute with ALL he has and all his strenght...and he wouldn't care what anyone said around him....because he knows he has to keep that LOVE close to him so he doesn't have to havve the wrath of God upon him.......and no matter what happens to him he stays close

Because no way as a christian are things PERFECT, ....it says in the bible that "You should be happy when your tempted or given a tribulation because you will persevere and GROW closer with Christ

Now take a look into your life right now Apexx and tell me what you see..Do you see LOVE? or do you see Lust? I really want to know? I beleive that Christ can bring you back..but you have to have faith Hebrews 11:6 says YOU CANT PLEASE GOD WITHOUT FAITH!!!

Dont question it Apexx

im going to be praying for you!!

You gotta taste the LORD and you'll see what I MEAN!! thats why he said "eat my flesh as your daily bread and drink my blood" YOU must Taste his pressense and get that feeling.....and you will see him!!! TRUST

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 02-04-07, 03:15 PM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

yeah what ever you say man. nobody that's brainwashed things they're brainwashed. if you did.... then you wouldn't be brainwashed, now would you? i gotta give props to the druids and pagans that crafted your book, i mean their work is just straight up brilliant. obviously have an overstanding of human emotion. when they could sell you a story and have you convinced why you shouldnt' question it, that's just straight up masterful.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 03:24 PM   #4
Past Tense

IP:

Apexx It seems as if you've been brainwashed

WHERE IM AT ive never been more happy

EVER

when i was living life like i was 3 months ago i was down and out

simple n plain

thats all

Hebrews 11

The chapter of faith

Old 02-04-07, 04:11 PM   #5
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
Apexx It seems as if you've been brainwashed

WHERE IM AT ive never been more happy

EVER

when i was living life like i was 3 months ago i was down and out

simple n plain

thats all

Hebrews 11

The chapter of faith

it seems that i've been brainwashed? heh, now that's funny. I used to be just like you PT. maybe more so. was on my god high and all that. then, i started asking questions i was always told i should never ask. my desire for knowledge lead me to places some people would rather not ever go. the edge of my own sanity, knowing that my "reality" was an illusion. do you know what it feels like to feel the walls of your life shattered to insignifacant fragments? do you know what it feels like to learn that your entire existance as you know it is a lie? to see things you wish you could deny, things you wish you could convince your self weren't real?

PT, i'm on a whole different level than you may possibly ever be able to imagine. i know you think you do, but you don't. a wise man once said, you can always tell a fool because he thinks he has everything figured out.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 06:40 PM   #6
Past Tense

IP:

thats where I have you

I dont have anything figured out right now
Im still praying and asking God to guide me.....Apexx you must remember this verse than too if you were on a "GOD HIGH"

Romans 1:21-22
FOR EVERN THOUGH THEY KNEW GOD, THE DID NOT honor him AS GOD or GIVE THANKS,but they became futile in there SPECULATIONS, and their foolish heart was darkened,22- Professing to be wise, they became FOOLS

Old 02-04-07, 09:19 PM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

PT, you yourself are worshipping a false idol, the worst kind of false idol... One that seems real, and one that you are told is real.

I do not doubt the fundamental teachings of the bible are true, but people twist the shit around to mean all sorts of things and ignore the important parts. The god you love doesnt exist. I am sorry to say it to you, but there is no such thing as what you believe is God. "God" does, however, exist. Worship anything that exists in the correct way and you are worshipping god. If you desire anything that doesn't exist in the world, for example, saviour, wealth, cars, money, then you're fucked. And contrary to popular belief, the only way to get to heaven is to die and start a new existence, IN THIS LIFE. If you don't, doesn't matter, existence is just finished. Bad luck, it doesn't matter, you have already experienced hell and it was your life, stamped into eternity. If you attain heaven, time doesn't hold you back any longer, your existence becomes eternal, but not in the way that the word eternal is used in the english language.

Here is an excerpt from "Become What You Are" by Alan Watts, that you may find interesting:

Every object of search, of desire, is in the end ungraspable and futile. To be delivered from futility, we must stop seeking. To seek God, to desire God, is merely to drag Him down into the level of futile aims, or, in Christian terms, to confuse the Creator with His creatures. Likewise, to desire nirvana is simply to make nirvana another name for ever-elusive pleasure. So long, then, as we think about God, talk about God, seek God, there is no God to be found.

Now, from the standpoint of Western culture, whether ancient or modern, Christian or secular, capitalist or communist, this is the great heresy. For Western culture is dedicated to the belief that there IS a formula for happiness - an answer to the question "What shall I do to be saved?" ...

But there is no Way. Nobody knows the Way. The only way there is is the path of a bird through the sky - now you see it, now you don't. Not a trace left. Life is not going anywhere, there is nothing to be attained. All striving and grasping is so much smoke in the clutch of a dissolving hand. We are all lost - kicked off into a void the moment we were born - and the only way is to fall into oblivion.

This sounds terrible. But this is because it is a half-truth. The other half cannot be put into words. It cannot be described, imagined, thought about. In words, this is the last word: everyone is dissolving into nothing, and no one can help it.

Lesson One is: "I give up." What happens now? You find yourself in what is perhaps a rather unfamiliar state of mind. Just watching. Not trying to get anything. Not expecting anything. Not hoping. Not seeking. Not trying to relax. Just watching, without purpose.

I should say nothing about what comes next. To hold out hope, to promise a result, will spoil the whole thing.
Old 02-04-07, 10:40 PM   #8
Past Tense

IP:

I know what Im doing is RIGHT.....

DO you think that SIMPLE un-trained men would DIE for a LIE?

DO you think that UN-Trained men would be able to take on roman soldiers that today would be like UFC fighters?

think about it man......really do

Old 02-05-07, 12:11 PM   #9
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

IP:

Quote:

DO you think that UN-Trained men would be able to take on roman soldiers that today would be like UFC fighters?

if your happy believe what you believe... it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks... you could believe in a sandwich as long as your happy and get through life feelin you have a grip on yourself.
but still try understanding that un-trained men beating ufc fighters makes u feel like your religion is the right one is dumb.. cuz people from different religions die for their religion all the time, it doesn't make it the answer to life.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 12:08 AM   #10
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

PT your scripture quote rarely serves for anything else other than you re-ing up on your brain washing.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 02-05-07, 12:17 AM   #11
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

IP:

PT, shut the fuck up. You look extremely ignorant.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 02-05-07, 01:07 AM   #12
Past Tense

IP:

I am not going to back down in what I beleive in......sorry guys if that makes you sad then be sad

Old 02-05-07, 08:11 AM   #13
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
I am not going to back down in what I beleive in......sorry guys if that makes you sad then be sad

nah man, no one's trying to make you "back down" from what you believe in. that's the problem. people are so soaked in their own beliefs that they think any thought that's not in the bible is anti bible. if you're that firm and confident in what you believe in, it doesn't hurt to learn knowledge from another point of view. you don't have to abandon what you believe, to see a fact. and if you do, you might want to reconsider the factual content of what you believe.

and never forget that i said this PT, be very cautious of anything or anyone that tells you don't think for your self. not to question it, not to analyze it, and not to look at it.

think of it as buying a used car. if someone told you this used car is fantastic, but you can't look at it, you can't inspect it or anything like that, wouldn't that raise a red flag to you?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 02-05-07, 03:07 AM   #14
Implicit
-BTR-

IP:

WOW! I didn't expect this much of a response. I'm gonna try to read everything and understand where everyone is coming from and then hopefully be able to come up with some sort of answer that I can base on Biblical doctrine.
Old 02-05-07, 06:23 PM   #15
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Because people are weak. They want to see their loved ones, they want to escape the real world into a land of fairy tales and happiness where all they do is lay around and be lazy. They want someone to hold their hand while they cross the street because they can't look both ways. Heaven would bore me, because my personal heaven would generally be empty. Everyone would live in their pearly city and feed grapes to each other, and I'd sit down with Socrates and have a chat on morality.

Quote:

You KNOW what you do is right? Step off the high horse. You are not divine. You're a bunch of flesh and bone that, according to your religion, was thrown out of paradise because your God doesn't want you to knowand women were created from the rib of anything. You were created from dirt, someone created from dirt. And that makes you feel better than being star dust and cells?

Also, I have no clue what the fuck you're talking about. Untrained men won't die for a lie? What are you even referencing? Are you just searching your mind for random gibberish? 'Untrained' (whatever that is supposed to apply to) die for a lie ALL THE TIME. According to your religion, all others are lies. People die for them and create sacrifices all the time.

You're so high on your own 'divine aroma' you won't even listen to reason. You cocoon yourself in a little shell of ignorance and when someone tries to reason with you, you block them out and say 'lalala jesus loves me'.