RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-06, 12:17 PM   #16
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
What does this being anti-Christ have to do with anything? All threads against the religion you believe in need to be moved into a sub forum? Man. . I never moved any of your Jesus/God threads to the Cerebral Approach unless you asked me too. This is like. . the same thing but on the other side of the spectrum.

It has to do with needing to be in Cerebral Mim...C'mon bro...And, Nos did move all our religious threads to Cerebral.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 12:17 PM   #17
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 80CD 6B68

Man, the church has hidden scriptures that proove Jesus wasn't God's son.. It's a fuckin' false religion on so many accounts..

Jesus wasn't even born on Christmas, christian religion said he was so they could steal a holiday off of another religion..

Christians are basically a corrupt cult..
Old 04-14-06, 12:17 PM   #18
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone
Well, I'm sure if the Athiests had a leader he would encourage them not to read The Bible.

Sometimes I wonder if people have nothing better to do then to try and prove someone else wrong.

If you're confident that what you believe is right why shouldn't you read other religions/philosophies ideas just to see and try and understand why they'd believe what they do?

It's really not that big of a deal. If you truly believe that Jesus is the savior then what the fuck is the problem with a reading book against it? I've read the Bible. . I don't agree with most of the crap in it. GREAT. I still read it.

Why is the pope encouraging people not to read "The Da Vinci Code?" From where I'm sitting it sounds like he's not too confident that people's beliefs in Jesus and the church will stay strong. . but HEY. That's just me.
Old 04-14-06, 12:18 PM   #19
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
i read the book and it was fuckin amazing to me cuz every book ive tried to read in my life have been wack except for this one, and the book doesnt make you not believe in jesus, its not antichrist, the author of the book is christian...its just a different look at christianity and possiblities of something else happening other then that the bible has told you, theres nothing wrong with it but you do have to realize its fiction and not everything can be 100% true but some of the things are possibly true, theres no evidence to say it is or isnt so some shit is possible

You're right. The BOOK isn't anti-Christ. Saying basically, "get off Jesus' dick" is to believers.

Old 04-14-06, 12:20 PM   #20
Compose

IP: 8EA7 271B

^i'd have to agree,(to johnston) not all christians are bad though, most have no clue about any of it...but personally i think most to all religions have some kind of corruption in them atleast the old ones, but christianity might be the most because they try to prove so hard jesus was more then a man, and if this marrying magdolene and holy blood line was true then it would change like...everything :-\ the whole church would be done
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 04-14-06, 12:23 PM   #21
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnston
Man, the church has hidden scriptures that proove Jesus wasn't God's son.. It's a fuckin' false religion on so many accounts..

Jesus wasn't even born on Christmas, christian religion said he was so they could steal a holiday off of another religion..

Christians are basically a corrupt cult..

^^Well, I'm not going to argue with you about the Christian religion because you appear to have anger issues that have NOTHING to do with Christ, Church, or the bible. Well, then too, maybe it does.

Anyone who's studied theology knows there are books that weren't included in the bible called non-canonical books. Those books weren't included in the original Canon because of authenticity questions. The Gospel of THomas, which I've read, being one of them. If you read some of those non-canonical books, you'll begin to understand why they in particular weren't included. Furthermore, educated Christians know that Jesus wasn't born in December. The bible doesn't say he was born in December. So, please don't confuse man-made dogma with Scripture.

Also, Christianity is not a cult. One characteristic of a cult is that when its leader dies, it dies. Christianity is still going strong after thousands of years, and will remain so until the end of time.

You believe what Dan Brown wrote over what Jesus' actual apostles wrote--i.e., gospel, and epistles. Bro, denying the deity of Christ isn't new. They called him a cult leader in his day. I just find it interesting that you'd read the Da Vinci Code and accept IT as gospel over the actual gospel.

BTW, I have the Da Vinci Code on my computer. It was an interesting work of fiction.

Old 04-14-06, 12:30 PM   #22
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
^i'd have to agree,(to johnston) not all christians are bad though, most have no clue about any of it...but personally i think most to all religions have some kind of corruption in them atleast the old ones, but christianity might be the most because they try to prove so hard jesus was more then a man, and if this marrying magdolene and holy blood line was true then it would change like...everything :-\ the whole church would be done

The church wouldn't be done. Not in the least. The bible does not support the claims made in "The Da Vinci Code". So, for most believers, it'll go in the heap of other anti-Jesus propoganda. For every book there is promoting Jesus, they'll be books trying to shoot his deity down. That, in itself, is a spirit of Anti-Christ. Christianity is a religion based on certain beliefs. One of those beliefs being that Jesus was the lamb of God. He was sacrificed. In Jewish customs, the lamb to be sacrificed for the atonement of sins had to be spotless. The bible says Jesus was also spotless. Therefore, any claim that he sinned in any way is contrary to what scriptures claim.

Also, Mary Magdalene was so demon possessed, she didn't know which way was up. I've also read books that claimed Jesus and John were gay lovers. I've read claims that Jesus was a magician. I've read claims that Jesus didn't even die, but went into a coma and got up out the catacomb.

^^You see, there will always be theories and conspiracies. The irony is, people who disbelieve the bible, but believe other texts discrediting the bible are hypocrites. If they are questioning the validity of the bible, then why don't they question the validity of the so-called sources that fuel Dan Brown's wonderful work of fiction?
Old 04-14-06, 12:35 PM   #23
Ms. Get Gully
Ms. Get Gully

Text Record: 0-4
Audio Record: 0-4
IP: 8980 B838

cant wait to see the movie actually..
Old 04-14-06, 12:42 PM   #24
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 3204 A5EF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
If you're confident that what you believe is right why shouldn't you read other religions/philosophies ideas just to see and try and understand why they'd believe what they do?

It's really not that big of a deal. If you truly believe that Jesus is the savior then what the fuck is the problem with a reading book against it? I've read the Bible. . I don't agree with most of the crap in it. GREAT. I still read it.

Why is the pope encouraging people not to read "The Da Vinci Code?" From where I'm sitting it sounds like he's not too confident that people's beliefs in Jesus and the church will stay strong. . but HEY. That's just me.

Never said I don't read other religions manuscripts, I find it interesting on how so many events are the same just in different books.

Also, people change so much. I mean, it's like a person believes in abortion, listens to an arguement, then changes their mind and decides abortion is wrong. People convert to religions.

I'm saying, people who devote their entire lives to trying to prove something wrong, and having the most biased opinions I have ever heard and then are trying to say they don't care about being right, they just want people to think when their writings clearly are anti-christ.

I will go see the movie, and it's good to read other religions books, you become wiser and understand more.

All religions and beliefs have some fact in them, you just have to dig deep to find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 04-14-06, 01:05 PM   #25
Compose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
The church wouldn't be done. Not in the least. The bible does not support the claims made in "The Da Vinci Code". So, for most believers, it'll go in the heap of other anti-Jesus propoganda. For every book there is promoting Jesus, they'll be books trying to shoot his deity down. That, in itself, is a spirit of Anti-Christ. Christianity is a religion based on certain beliefs. One of those beliefs being that Jesus was the lamb of God. He was sacrificed. In Jewish customs, the lamb to be sacrificed for the atonement of sins had to be spotless. The bible says Jesus was also spotless. Therefore, any claim that he sinned in any way is contrary to what scriptures claim.

Also, Mary Magdalene was so demon possessed, she didn't know which way was up. I've also read books that claimed Jesus and John were gay lovers. I've read claims that Jesus was a magician. I've read claims that Jesus didn't even die, but went into a coma and got up out the catacomb.

^^You see, there will always be theories and conspiracies. The irony is, people who disbelieve the bible, but believe other texts discrediting the bible are hypocrites. If they are questioning the validity of the bible, then why don't they question the validity of the so-called sources that fuel Dan Brown's wonderful work of fiction?

i'd have to say cuz people want to hear something different, everyones always heard of the normal shit the bible has told, and when a different theory is offered people arent so bored anymore and they want something completely far out that can 'possibly' be true so it spices things up and shit, so they believe in that and shit, im not saying the davinci code is true at all or whatever, all im saying is its possible, like how do you honestly know the church didnt change the bible back then and shit, nobody would know in this day and age and thats the truth, the same way all the things in the bible are possible as well, i guess in the modern world people just want many different ways of looking at things so they dont get bored and stuck on 1 thing, but its ignorant to say this theory is 100% or that theory is 100% true, cuz theres no way of proving something like that thousands of years old unless jesus came back himself and said it =/, and some church's are cult-like, trying to ban the book...faith is about believing in something no matter what other things are being said but when a church tries to ban the book its like 'if you dont believe in our way then you dont deserve to have a voice' type shit, which is annoying
Old 04-14-06, 01:18 PM   #26
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
i'd have to say cuz people want to hear something different, everyones always heard of the normal shit the bible has told, and when a different theory is offered people arent so bored anymore and they want something completely far out that can 'possibly' be true so it spices things up and shit, so they believe in that and shit, im not saying the davinci code is true at all or whatever, all im saying is its possible, like how do you honestly know the church didnt change the bible back then and shit, nobody would know in this day and age and thats the truth, the same way all the things in the bible are possible as well, i guess in the modern world people just want many different ways of looking at things so they dont get bored and stuck on 1 thing, but its ignorant to say this theory is 100% or that theory is 100% true, cuz theres no way of proving something like that thousands of years old unless jesus came back himself and said it =/, and some church's are cult-like, trying to ban the book...faith is about believing in something no matter what other things are being said but when a church tries to ban the book its like 'if you dont believe in our way then you dont deserve to have a voice' type shit, which is annoying

I'm sorry. But, anyone who accepts the Gospel of Christ, but is inwardly searching for "other" things to believe in, need to re-evaluate why they claim to be a believer in the first place.

Old 04-14-06, 01:24 PM   #27
Nejji Bangaz
Addicted

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: A53C 929B

its a great book....beautifully written...there wasnt a single moment in the book where i got bored, it was really thorough....wut really made it entertaining for me is how much truth was in it....like wut really opened my eyes is that leanardo da vinci is one of my favorite artists...i actually seen the mona lisa in person...ive looked at the last supper over 100 times and it surprised me so much that i had to read it in the book to realize it was a woman....and im usually so thorough and i always try and find details in paintings....i used to always find waldo the fastest but ye i cant wait to see the movie....

http://www.myspace.com/inebriation927 hit me up bitch
Send a message via AIM to Nejji Bangaz Send a message via MSN to Nejji Bangaz   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 02:17 PM   #28
High-Dro
Non-Convicted Rapist

IP: EDE3 0451

i got it monday...im about halfway through

Send a message via AIM to High-Dro Send a message via MSN to High-Dro   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-06, 02:31 PM   #29
Compose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I'm sorry. But, anyone who accepts the Gospel of Christ, but is inwardly searching for "other" things to believe in, need to re-evaluate why they claim to be a believer in the first place.

ok, and what about the church's that want the book banned =/, shouldnt they be given a 'talk' on what faith is about