RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-07, 12:18 AM   #16
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 44FD 6166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
You wouldn't sell records if you didn't have talent. People won't just buy shit..I been rollin round the streets listening to what people listen to. I hear more "I'll whip your head boys" then I hear "cassidys and styles p's" ya'll just hate anyone whos hustling making money and doing something big.

noooooooooooooooooooo......... totally wrong. people do just buy s***. master p? went platinum so many times and that damn sure doesn't make him a better rapper than cassidy, murda mook, papoose, etc. just like spul said, sales make you a better businessman or you might have a better promotion team but that does not make you lyrically a better rapper.

there's people on here(myself included.) who havent sold an album yet who would rip 50 or any of those "high selling" rappers to pieces.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 05-30-07, 01:58 AM   #17
Dabatos
C.hristopher S.ean D.abatos

IP: 36C8 DEB3

shit I wish I had 400 mil. shit Id ont care if he cant rap, hes brilliant for all the shit he did, look where he is now? never gotta rap again if he wanted. I sure as hell wouldnt, i'd be off somewhere with my son livin life at its best. Though I already do -_-.

www.FG-Servers.com

Send a message via AIM to Dabatos   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 02:14 AM   #18
Feeble Minded
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 03C7 BBB3

[QUOTE=Past Tense]You wouldn't sell records if you didn't have talent. People won't just buy shit..[QUOTE]
Umm... yes, they will. You need marketing, not talent. You need an image, not skill. If it was about talent, Kris Cain would have 8 bajillion record sales, and 50 cent would be the one struggling to make it. Oh, and there aren't that many people here who would rip 50 to pieces. 50 has the tools to make a professional quality product.
Old 05-30-07, 02:19 AM   #19
Feeble Minded
Light Weight

btw, investing in a company isn't all that brilliant. if I had a couple million I could throw towards an investment, I would do it as well. Would it work out? Maybe, maybe not. But the fact that it did, in his case, doesn't really prove brilliance. If he could do it consistantly... then maybe.
Old 05-30-07, 03:14 AM   #20
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BB78 D6B4

I agree with you on one part Feeble. No one could really fuck with 50 on here. ANd DON I just read your lyrics..you really aint nothing to hype about ....everyone has said everythign there can be nothing new...simple and plain

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 05-30-07, 09:20 AM   #21
don cardyac
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-3
IP: 44FD 6166

damn. if only he was on here so i could battle him. or he could battle a lot of these other dudes on here so you can see what i'm saying. he was pretty nice in his "pre massacre" days but erysince then hes just been either on some r&b candyshop rap, or on that repetitive "i'm rich and i got gunz" bullshit rap. nothing really lyrical. i wish that i or one of these other "not so rich" rappers could battle him but chances are that it will never happen so bump it, y'all can believe what'chu wanna believe, but'chall all know that dblock, game, cassidy, nas, etc. are all better rappers than him. if not back b4 the massacre than at least now. realistically, look at the lyrics, not the money. cuz thats why rap is like it is now, cuz if labels knew that people would buy from the lyrical instead of the ones with the better promotion team than radio wouldn''t suck so much, would it?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460
Old 05-30-07, 11:08 AM   #22
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: D2F9 D066

[QUOTE=Feeble Minded][QUOTE=Past Tense]You wouldn't sell records if you didn't have talent. People won't just buy shit..
Quote:
Umm... yes, they will. You need marketing, not talent. You need an image, not skill. If it was about talent, Kris Cain would have 8 bajillion record sales, and 50 cent would be the one struggling to make it. Oh, and there aren't that many people here who would rip 50 to pieces. 50 has the tools to make a professional quality product.

exactly. I guess PAst Tense's floppin' between 50's dick hard, and Game's dick hard is just back right up on 50's dick hard now and causing his horrible misjudgement.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 12:35 PM   #23
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: CC93 F3F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by don cardyac
put 50 in a battle against any of these guys and he will lose.

Id rather make a good song then be a great battler

battlign is not the "art of the music" its just a part of it

and I dont like 50 cent

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 01:58 PM   #24
Past Tense

Exactly better songs or better battler?

50 cent make a hit song.....

Spul you can't even talk about game right now. He fell off way harder than 50 did.

Old 05-30-07, 05:04 PM   #25
Ransum
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 16-12
IP: F8E7 734B

Quote:
saying fat joe,dipset,or cassidy is better than 50 is really funny to me. I can understand D-Block. But who's making better songs? who has a mad variety of songs to just jam to? yeah thats what I thought. Def. not the other dudes.

WOW if any of you guys DISAGREE WITH PAST TENSE YA DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT RAP THEN...

fat joe killed him int hat 1 battle song... fat joe still drop songs but mostly be on hes grind doing other shit resturants, basketball tournament, clubs, ECT... fat joe get love no matter where he go and never have to hind from nobody no-where and EVERYONE BACK AT HOME MEANING MY HOME TOWN NYC BRONX LUV FAT JOE AND GET DUMMY HAPPY TO SEE HIM A\STILL AROUND... unlike who dont get no kind of love like that....

dipset i'll murder 50 one by one everyoe can rap better in dipset JR WRITER WILL MURDER 50 EZ, CAMRON EZ, HELL RELL EZ, 40 CAL EZ, STACK BUNDLES EZ...
CASSIDY EZ AS HELL.. PAPOSE EZ, THE WHOLE FUCKING d-BLOCK EZ.. BEINI SEGAL EZ, JAY Z EZ, NAS EZ, LUDACRIS EZ, LIL WAYNE EZ...
but people are out there that aint better then 50 cent like..
bizzare, freeway, young guns, young joc, p.diddy, smowman, mike jones.. those people just really do suck...

SADLY R.KELLY IS BETTER THEN 50 CENT AND HES A SINGER LOL...

so ya bugg'in if ya say 50 cent is better then any talented heads..
just the lames hes better then...
remmy martin i'll crush hes pride....

but i do agree with 1 thing thou... 400,00 million is better then walking throu your old block.... smart man with no talent thats all....

hes good at marketing...
Old 05-30-07, 06:10 PM   #26
Feeble Minded
Light Weight

he's not good at marketing. what don't you dudes get? he doesn't do his own marketing. Lol.
Old 05-30-07, 06:22 PM   #27
Past Tense

lmao saying fat joe,computers computing cam'ron,and even r.kelly is better than 50 is funny. I agree now 50 cent sucks ass. I hate his new shit. The Last song I felt by him was Hustlers Ambition and I'll Whip Yo Head Boy. Masscre was fucking wack and his new shits wack sept Straight To Tha Bank. Thats hard. NONE Of those guys have classic albums like Get Rich or Die Trying sept nas and jay. YOU CAN NOT SAY I'm a Hustla or whatever the hell cassidys first cd was is better than 50's and you sure as hell can't say Kiss of Death was better than Get Rich or Die Trying. Illmatic and Reasonable doubt don't even really shit on Get Rich or Die Trying. If 50 cent was still in his Rowdy Rowdy mentallity and didn't give a shit he would be the hardest rapper out. But now he's in that whole "blah blah blah i'm a faggot" stage. Game did the same thing. Thats why I don't really listen to either artist anymore. They both fell off. Game and 50 used to be my favs. now they aren't even close. My favorite rappers right now are Crooked I,Ras Kass,and Big L. SO FUCK YOU

Old 05-30-07, 06:31 PM   #28
Past Tense

compare Your Lifes on the Line,Rowdy Rowdy,If I Cant,In Da Club,shoot all of his old school shit too them and see about that.

Old 05-30-07, 07:47 PM   #29
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: 2680 A2CD

Quote:
Exactly better songs or better battler?

50 cent make a hit song.....

Spul you can't even talk about game right now. He fell off way harder than 50 did.

who said I was saying shit about game? You know that's the stupidest shit to say, you're arguing saying 50 cent is so dope at rap talent wise. And when someone challenges that you bring up 50's rival? Wtf, get real son.

Game, I started hating a while ago. His cockyness was beginning to get to kanye status, i still think dude coo, but I don't actually like him as much as i used too. You acting like Game was my favorite rapper. Nope, never was. You're the one who flipped flopped on 50's dick at first, then nope Game's dick was getting a lil dry so you had to hop on, then you wore that down hopped back onto 50, then back to game, now you back on 50. MAke up your mind son.

I'm suprised you even still on 50's dick so hard with all the recent christian groups after him. But then again, you prolly flip floppin' with that too like you did before. =/

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 05-30-07, 07:48 PM   #30
J. Luth
I see dumb people

IP: 2680 A2CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeble Minded
he's not good at marketing. what don't you dudes get? he doesn't do his own marketing. Lol.

another uppercut to 50 lubers.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ