RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-06, 04:10 PM   #16
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMPIN aint easy
how many opera,country,pop and jazz performers are young males from the ghetto?????

That's my point son. These guys are involved in rap and rap breeds violence. They can't leave it alone. So, to say violence and rap aren't intertwined is crazy.

Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 04:29 PM   #17
Sik Wit It

IP: 92AE 2D8A

R.I.P. Proof... damn son.
Old 04-12-06, 04:35 PM   #19
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FF78 8761

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWitness
"Another thing...I find it eerie that he depicted his death in Em's video for "Toy Soldiers." Like Pac and Big, I wonder if he had an obsession over death and became a self-fulfillinf prophecy."

word..i thought this was weird aswell...even listening to his album `searching for jerry garcia` with songs such as "kurt cobain", he seems to be obsessed with death and suicide...

EXACTLY he did...there was his death in toy soldiers, and if you listen to his solo album "searchin for jerry garcia" that album is FULL of remarks bout his death and shit and even all of the booklet and shit is filled wit shit like that...everything

lol im not trying ta relate this to pac or sayin proof also faked his death or anything but isnt kind of a weird coincidence that he died at 4:30 a.m???
if u switch the last 2 numbers around it'll be 4:03 am
same time pac "died"
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 04:38 PM   #21
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Quote:
u take coincidences way to serious

lmao just sayin it is weird
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-06, 04:40 PM   #22
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
rap and violence are intertwined but rap does not breed violence

look most of them are from the ghetto so no matter whether they like rap pop bill clinton football or watever they are automatically exposed to violence so naturally its apart of their lives

rap is an interest, a hobbie and wit sum is taken further to make a career out of it and rap is an extremly popular hobbie which alot of the youth are interested in and most in the ghetto are interested in so these people who are into rap are already exposed to violence and a rougher life, the rap does not expose them to it or make them violent its their surrounding and the way they where raised

come on rap breathes violence is a stupid comment thats like sayin yo-yo's breathe violence cause wen every1 was playin wit yo-yos they where all playin wit them in the hood aswell as a hobby just like rap is a hobby but i dont see very1 blamin the yo-yos for the violence in youth today

rap is just an easy target to blame

No...saying "yo yos" BREED violence is a dumb comment because yo yos aren't "art" in the media sense of the word.

This is the age old argument of: "Does life imitate art or art life?"

Rap is an artform. I believe that life imitates art. If it didn't, then why do we use music at all? Anyone who isn't a bonehead knows that music influences the way we think/feel.

Come on bro...

Rap and violence go hand and hand.
Old 04-12-06, 04:43 PM   #23
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Quote:
how many opera,country,pop and jazz performers are young males from the ghetto?????

this aint related ta rap but people like oprah winfrey is from the ghetto and oprah still is in the hood i mean i been outside of her set there be4 over in chicago a few years back...she was so poor she couldnt even afford a tv..but she lived in a hood filled wit violence and works today in an environment that is filled wit violence and she has nothing ta do wit rap at all yet she still living and aint shooting anybody or anything...if u ask me its rap that brings the drama...but we also speak alotta violence in rap too....since when has a jazz singer get in beef wit another jazz singer and start dissin them left and right in songs lmfao it dont happen but when u talk shit to a person they gon react most likely violently and rap is really the only genre of music where u can actually talk shit bout someone else in a song
Old 04-12-06, 04:44 PM   #24
Tha Q.
OYD

OH

and yo yos don't send out messages either

so that was a stupid statement on your part bro

Use better analogies please...cuz that one is an insult to my intelligence
Old 04-12-06, 04:51 PM   #27
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
i dont think the gov will do shit, how many white men over the age of 40 like rap? or even care about younger minorities in hip hop :-\ not many imo, and thats what the government is composed of, and just because proof had a gun doesnt mean he had it because it made him look cool or whatever, he had it for protection cuz he was in a bad area, i dont think the fact that he had a gun makes it seem like he had it cuz it was 'gangsta' type shit, and hes there cuz he prolly just like to hang out there =/ thats his choice, its not so smart to go back to a bad area when you're famous already but he did it anyway

yea exactly government NEVER does shit for rappers when they die
i dont see why they dont it like they on the killers side fo real
i mean think about it they tell us they gon find the killer
when in real life they really dont give a fuck
yet instead of takin another person wit a gun off the street
they dont even bother trying cuz they hate rappers and gangstas
yet they dont bother ta arrest them thats fucked up
Old 04-12-06, 04:52 PM   #28
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Quote:
are most jazz singers youny males from the ghetto...........NO

how u know that u listen ta jazz?
Old 04-12-06, 04:52 PM   #29
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
really its just a cycle of the both imitating each other

and yes it imitates how we think and feel but it does not cause u to change your life, join a gang, carry a strap, kill n drug deal if so id be fuckin scared of middle class white boys

and yes they go hand in hand but u said rap breathes violence which it does not the violence is already in them before they ever knew about rap

Why do you keep typing that? I did not say rap BREATHES violence. I said rap BREEDS violence, which it does. Life imitates that artform, and vice versa. But, the question is, why would a rapper who's "made it" continue to act out the images often depicted in rap music?

hmmmm