RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-04, 05:28 AM   #16
realmurk
New to RB

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Real Hip Hop talk

IP: C1DA C961

Real
1. Canibus got ate by LL Cool J
2. pac got BIG battle track wise (Hit hum up)B-boy killas
3.NAS outbested Jay-z
4.banks nice but if he wasn't under 50 wing and if he ever was'nt wit g-unit his fame would'nt have the same impact it does but he a be average
and one more thing stank you must don't no a shit lics bout rap who the fuck is brother ali I neva even heard of him how can he be part of a catorgorie
he a nobody the next best now since hov gone alive is Kiss,Snoop,Nas,Em,
thats just rappers the south TI,LiL'Flip,lil scrapy,petey pab,young buck the

1Cassidy And Llyod Banks the next in line
then Jae hood,Gravy,
Old 07-11-04, 05:49 AM   #17
-Strype-
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 4-2
IP: 1E06 73B0

Prophet87: You somewhat contradicted yourself.. If our opinions don't mean SHIT, why should he be shot for stating his? Though I do agree with a lot you said, I don't agree that pac is the greastest of "ALL TIME." He was, without a doubt, the best of his time.. and probably even for a few years after.. But time has passed, and new talent and style has developed.. The game is different than it used to be.. It's almost hard to compare the 2.. Pac was, and always be known as the creator of pure Gangsta Rap, and he accomplished things that can never be accomplished again.. He was pure genious, and can never be duplicated.. but that's where it ends.. I just don't find it "accurate" to say that he's the "best there is, was, and ever will be." Nobody has the power to say that. Just my opinion, which apparently means SHIT

one~
Send a message via AIM to -Strype-   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-04, 05:58 AM   #18
Poetic_Prophet87
New to RB

Text Record: 0-2
IP: FF69 7DA3

You can't even consider what is out today "talent"...Anyone could get in a studio and rap about their cars, hoes and jewels (well, according to most people on this TEXT-battle site, ha!?)...But nah, you're right, it's a TOTAL different game than it used to be...You have so many different categories of "rap" now days, that you can't compare them...You could however compare the REAL gangsta rappers of old to the new "wanna-be gangsta, but I won't walk thru the ghetto" rappers of today...!? You could compare the old flashy mo'fuckas to the new flashy mo'fuckas...!? I don't know, it's just retarded for someone to deny that Tupac was at one time the GREATEST and will always be the greatest in the genre of Gangsta Rap...!? Opinions are like assholes though I guess, EVERYONE has one and the ALL stink...!? So wtf ever, haha!? Have a good one ya'll, holla back!
Old 07-11-04, 06:02 AM   #19
-Strype-
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 4-2
IP: 1E06 73B0

^^ Now THAT I agree with. On point.

Though, of course, there ARE some incredibly talented rappers out there.. Very rarely do they fall under the 'mainstream' category though.. Most of the radio trash is.. exactly that.. trash. If you've been into the game for a while, and dig deep enough, you can find the 'select few' with REAL talent.. But you're right, they don't come often.

one~
Send a message via AIM to -Strype-   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-04, 06:13 AM   #20
Poetic_Prophet87
New to RB

Text Record: 0-2
IP: FF69 7DA3

No joke...I think VERY FEW rappers out today are really TALENTED...I think as far as "mainstream" rappers go, Luda, Kanye, Twista, Jay-Z, and Nas are about the only ones that I would really call TALENTED, as in they could cause change if they wanted to put their minds to it...Maybe not so much Twista in there, but I think he could if he really wanted to!? But yeah, for sure, underground ish is DOPE as can be...They just don't get the chance to speak their minds, cause labels won't take the "risk" to sign them and get their name out there...Example, Immortal Technique, Quick Gee, Big Sty, Tech N9NE, Wrythm...I know there are TONS others, just can't think/don't know some of them!? Well, holla back ya'll and have a good one!

Email me if you want to read this new ish I've been working on, I write a lot of poetic rap song type things and I recently started a new style, I got 3 written right now, if you wanna read them, poetic_prophet87@hotmail.com ... Hit me up! I'll gladly share them with you!?