RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-03, 03:49 PM   #16
Accelerate
Straight Savage.

IP: 8BEC CACE

It's Depicting Street Life As A Comical Matter, Like It Is Only A Something to Joke About. But It Does Put Out A Message To America, There Is Another World In The Streets.
Old 10-16-03, 04:16 PM   #17
Crysis
Kung Fu

IP: 2A8B 39F9

ok listen......you guys find the stereotyping of this game "ghettopoly" to be racist and not funny........yet you guys can watch a show like comic view and laugh your ass off when they depict a white man to act like a "nerd"........thats hypocritical in my opinion........but who gives a fuck if it is a mock game of the ghetto.......do i sit there when black comedians make fun of the white race being nerds and say GOD DAMN RACISTS....no i laugh my ass off b/c the shit is funny........why cant ppl just take things in a light manner for once...damn......yes i am white...yes i grew up in the ghetto b/c my family was poor....but i dont think anyone should pay attention to this game....its not like its made by some major manufactoring company like Milton Bradley and is gonna sell world wide.....its just some guy trying to make something funny.....movies make the ghetto out to be funny everyday.....if you dont get mad at movies...then why get mad at a game???

edit: just to say that my whole family freeloads off of my rich grandparents now......just for the ppl who wanted to know....lmao

Last edited by Arkatext : 10-16-03 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-16-03, 04:23 PM   #18
Triple_X
BANNED: Cheater

Text Record: 5-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 4577 CD9A

it sounds tight
Old 10-16-03, 06:37 PM   #19
Açquitas

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 31C1 CEE0

How was my statement hypocritical? Black people make fun of themselfs (watch a chris rock stand up) Or even watch any of the "hood" movies. You my friend are an idiot. Why does everything gottta be all politicaly correct?>
Old 10-16-03, 06:40 PM   #20
Mr.Christensen
Fuck You, I Rhyme Better

IP: 0FEA F3EA

i hated the original cause it takes too long for a game to finish...
i dont think ghetto is going to be that bad unless you think it is a reflection of where you live and your life
i.e. live in the suburbs
Old 10-16-03, 07:42 PM   #21
Mental God

IP: 31C1 CEE0

This game is D O P E
Old 10-16-03, 09:02 PM   #22
CrazyE

IP: 00D8 3102

I dont think its that big of a deal ....... These days you can draw "stereoTypes" from practically anything. I can understand how Black Leaders might be offended , but then again , Most organized groups are always offended by something. Personally I clicked on the site and thought it was preety funny . That little Pot Leaf game peice looks like the shit , I wouldnt mind playing the game .......... and oh yea BTW I am black and proud of it.

CE
Old 10-16-03, 09:46 PM   #23
Crysis
Kung Fu

IP: 2A8B 39F9

Quote:
Originally posted by Açquitas
How was my statement hypocritical? Black people make fun of themselfs (watch a chris rock stand up) Or even watch any of the "hood" movies. You my friend are an idiot. Why does everything gottta be all politicaly correct?>

if black ppl can make fun of themselves, then why are they getting mad about this game.....thats all i ask...
Old 10-16-03, 10:30 PM   #24
CrazyE

IP: 00D8 3102

Take a movie like "Friday" and this movie is filled with racial stereo types depicting the hood. However , this is one of the alltime black film classics , we love it , aren't offended , but Im sure some black leaders are ..........who cares .... there will always be someone yelling about the race card , but in the entertainment industry , racism is entertainment. In the real world and the streets it can be cruel , but in the entertainment industry its part of the big picture.

My opinion ..............

Peace Out
CE
Old 10-16-03, 10:45 PM   #25
C-Section

IP: 872B E5DF

but these same people tring to stop it are giving it publicity that it wouldnt have got with out them making a big deal out of it. just like the FBI tring to stop NWA
Old 10-17-03, 09:16 AM   #26
B-Kast

IP: C595 4ADA

game looks ill, ne1 who is bitchin takes lfie to serious, i would have made it if i came up with the idea
Old 10-17-03, 09:54 AM   #27
MR. LEGEND

IP: 41E5 2D67

No you see, I don't know how I manage to always get into shit like this. You guys that think it's "dope", will never understand why it's not right. Never, thats why racism will never ever die, cause if you don't see anything wrong with it, you won't have the capacity to teach your children it's wrong, and they won't have the capacity to tell their children and so on and so forth just lik eyour fore fathers.

You don't understand comic view ok...it's too grown for you. I hate to have to teach y'all this ya momz and pops should have a long time ago.
It's funny to contrast our differences in our cultures...What about the famous mountain joke, how the white guys would go climb the mountain JUST cause it's there and the black guys wouldn't. Thats funny and tasteful, cause it has a little bit of truth in it. It's not saying anything negative to either side.
Friday was funny because it was authentic, many of US could relate to it. There wasn't any stereo types runnin wild in there, plus it came from us. We can laugh about our problems together but when someone from the outside laughs at you , you get offended.
If a black person made this game it would be authentic, cause it would focus on the real funny stuff from the hood, like friday. But if you don't live in the hood, how would you know what was funny? I know a lady with three kids that got addicted to crack, would've never know she was until, she overdosed in a crack house, nobody knew where she was, they found her in the bushes somewhere 2 weeks later, 32 3 kids crack<-tragedy NOT FUNNY.
Things like crack guns & alcohol are not positive aspects in any kind of way. Especially when they are associated with your people.

I mean what if made a game called Peckerwoodopoly, and had shit in there like:"Your son is a wannabe a rapper, pay each player $50", "Your wife had a 3-some with 2 black guys, take three steps back", "your cock is too small lose a turn", "You and your best friend shoot up the school, go to jail". "your stupid ass son finds your gun and shoots himself, pay the doctor". "The tanning salon is closed, lose a turn". " You say the "N"word, and got put into a coma, lose 2 turns", "got caught beatin off and fuckin a pie, game over"and "You found out what the preist was doin to you all these years was wrong, pass go".

You get the point... what about a white guy on the cover, with his pants pulled up to his chest, with a cheesey smile. His wife looking over lustfully at a black guys crotch. His son is dressed up as the malibu thug, and his daughter is getting gang banged, by a chinese dude a mexican dude, and a black dude and ooooh about 2 white cats.
Yeah I think I'm on to somethin. Cause thats how y'all act right!???!
Old 10-17-03, 10:30 AM   #28
LM
Drop Of Genius

Text Record: 38-15
IP: DF7B C8F7

I think releasin the game is a bad idea. Yeah a lot of people will use it for harmless fun but others will actually take it serious and try to get their hood addicted to crack. And they'll be makin alot more than $50. The hip-hoponopoly is the best idea so far with pac walkin the board or somethin. One about the ghetto could cause some serious problems

Old 10-17-03, 01:39 PM   #29
AbOmInAtIoN
BANNED: Cheater

Text Record: 4-4
IP: 7FEB 4053

shit me and my bro would joke around when we were young about if they made a black monoply...well here ya go....hehe funny shit man
Old 10-18-03, 03:40 AM   #30
B-Kast

IP: EA54 3E4D

"Its alllll goooooooooooooooooooood where i live