RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-03, 10:18 PM   #16
Xpress Lane
the other white meat

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9365 A3B9

ahaha. scared of blacks and mexicans.

Anyway, most of the basics have been covered. I suggest thinking of another name, cause Neptune is kinda close to The Neptunes.
Old 12-28-03, 10:27 PM   #17
~RaPiDfIrE~
Light Weight

IP: 8AFF 7D25

lol yea..this is not the right place to ask "how can I be a rapper"...

hit me up on AIM SinThesis187

or on msn King_BlackJack@hotmail.com

I can hook u up with some people if ur good...

peace
Old 12-29-03, 12:44 AM   #18
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

Text Record: 2-1
IP: EC0B 84C7

Quote:
Originally posted by MuhThugga

Then I guess that's why Bill Gates and such have their personal advisors to guide them in their decision making. Because they aren't going to make it.

You aren't born with this knowledge. Since when did asking a question to find out an answer become such a bad thing?

That is how human intellect develops. Thru asking questions.

Point taken, and you're right. To an extent. However, keep in mind, finding knowledge out for oneself is a great way to learn. I've found many rescources in many different subjects. Music, for example isn't that much different than book writing. And thanks to the rescource I found http://www.hollylisle.com/, if I ever wrote a book I know the steps it takes to get that book published. And I found this on my own. (Although, unlike music, book writing requires talent to get a good deal, not a marketable image.)

The thing is, when it comes to asking questions one must be careful who they ask. In the unlikely event I would ever want to be signed, I would never ask people at rapbattles.com, for they are just as if not more clueless than me. I would however ask people that know the game. People such as artists who have deals and the agents and managers than run it.

Thing is there are people with intimate knowledge in the most unlikely of places. You, MuhThugga, for example know the best way to get ones name out that is a tried and true method that you mentioned in your first post in this thread. That method really does work. Now I came across that knowledge from speaking with artists at concerts, but... the fact that I have such knowledge means I can spread it, even if I'm not in the same position as those that gave it to me. You, I do not know how you came across such knowledge. But you have the right to spread it, because you know it.

But I for one would rather play it safe. Bill Gates is a computer designer, not a business man. He made his business based on the advisement of business managers. He asked them questions, and while that hobo down on 1st and Washington street might have the same knowledge, it's best to play it safe.

Yes, human intellect develops through asking questions. But, human and animal intellect develops through observing others and through personal experience. I've observed others getting deals, Wu-Tang clan made a demo tape and made vinyls out of it to get their name out in radios and such. And as for personal experience... someday I'll have that. But I'd rather start out by asking questions from those with personal experience, not the kind folks of rapbattles.com.

Check?
Old 12-29-03, 12:54 AM   #19
Orikle
.BeTteR ThAn YoO!.

Text Record: 11-5
Audio Record: 2-2
IP: 1370 FB1A

^^Agreed my friend..Knowledge is gained through enquiring BUT WHaT THE FUCK KNOWLEDGE ARE YOU GONNA GET OFF THE NO-TALENT NERDS THAT POSTED!!?

I havn't ever asked ridiculous questions like that..yet i've still learnt it..you gotta work yourself up through the ranks and feed off those around you..
Old 12-29-03, 12:58 AM   #20
Kost
Fern Gully

IP: 91C2 8530

suck dick till you get a job

Keepin It Real Dumb

The Creation
We Dont Need A Fuckin Crew Forum!
Kost
Send a message via AIM to Kost   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 12:30 PM   #21
A-DueCe-26mad3

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 0F8F 62FC

if u want u can just buy a program to make ur own beats. Then by a mic and shit and start recordin. Thats wut im doin. And im makin my own label wit some of my homies. Then we gonna make CD's and go to open mics and pass them out ands hit. Thats like the best thing ta do. And send in some demos 2. U could also just DL some beats from kazaa or sumptin. Or go to soundcliCc.com they have some pages were ppl make and sell beats.

~1~
Old 12-29-03, 01:30 PM   #22
KaaS
THE ILLEST

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 6AE0 A2D4

ya could also check out the tutorials forum which is in wackness emregency center, theres some good advice shared in there
Send a message via AIM to KaaS   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 03:41 PM   #23
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

Necro,

I see your point..... but to say she doesn't have what it takes because of a simple question that was asked is on the extreme side.....

However, you never know who you will come across when asking this questions on a Hip-Hop board.....For example, you and I have expressed knowledge in this area and the only way we can spread it is to answer this question. So hopefully she has picked out the ones that don't sound ridiculous (like the moron who said she'd be scared of blacks because she lives in the suburbs) and has adhered to the statements that actually seem to provide help.

If she is serious enough about this, then she will get there. Nothing will stop her.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-03, 10:43 PM   #24
Knock Out Punch

IP: 5C5D EDC5

go to www.talent2k.com

and fill the info and shit out and they will tell you the rest
Old 12-29-03, 11:06 PM   #25
Yung-Foul-Mouth

IP: 4577 CD9A

well....u seem to be a 19 year old female that types somewhat sexy...and ughhh...if your sexy u can have sex with me..and I'll let u jump on a few audios as soon as I get my cpu back in shape

and BAAM!! they'll be like..wow...she needs to be signed
Old 12-29-03, 11:18 PM   #26
Fl~O~mEtRy

IP: 3F93 7ABD

just think of this

2pac one sed

"Bitch niggas do what they can, Real niggaz do wut they want"

or sumthin like that, but thats all i can really say, my audio thing is kinda brokin

peace
Old 12-29-03, 11:57 PM   #27
The Necromancer
Atra Ludio or Hip-Hop?

Text Record: 2-1
IP: EC0B 84C7

Quote:
Originally posted by Kost
suck dick till you get a job

That's actually not bad advice. If I was a woman, or there was a strong gay community where I lived...
Old 12-30-03, 12:32 AM   #28
nam_208
Banned: Cheating

Text Record: 1-1
IP: D917 C89A

tRY TO FIND A SMALL TIME LABEL AND GIVE THEM A DEMO OF YOUR MUSIC THATS THE FIRST STEP