RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-04, 09:10 PM   #16
D 0 0 R A G Z™

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: DC29 5820

Sometimes it could be a freestyle depending on when it was recorded because the actually DJ ala Cut C, Whoo Kid, or Big Mike could take the track and put it over a new beat to make it seem like they got an exclusive cut when in all reality it was just freestyles...

like 2 gunz up... was a freestyle over the Bump Dat beat on Green Lantern tape, but he took it and produced the beat and it became a track...

simple.
Old 01-06-04, 09:18 PM   #17
wogzta

IP: 5C4B 9DFC

I find it difficult to believe that anyone can flow off the top of their head and execute it perfectly. And I mean 100% off the top of their head. Even personals are thought about in a battle. If you were the 2nd to spit in a battle, wouldn't you be sitting there thinking of topics to diss your opponent? No one just sits their staring and then gets up and magically has 20 lines of personal disses towards an opponent. I'm not saying rappers don't flow off the top of their heads, it's just that every thinks one step ahead (when your rapping one line, you thinkin of what you'll say next) and pre-thinks.
Old 01-07-04, 01:42 AM   #18
Philosopher King

IP: 0F96 098C

Yeah -- I never got this problem some people seem to have with writing things in advance. Oh, no, you mean some rapper actually took the time to think about and perfect what he was going to say before he said it? Yeah, I wish they'd all do that. Being able to produce decent lyrics of the top of your head is like being able to throw a knife more accurately than another guy. Yeah, it's a decent skill and possibly useful for something, but if you need to cut a wire to disarm a bomb, I don't want either of you doing it like that.
Old 01-07-04, 09:31 AM   #19
...Àû†øpšÿ...
Light Weight

Text Record: 5-1
IP: 600F 999F

Its Called Recyclin & Some Rappers Do It Because They Dont Be Getting Paid To Freestyle......
LOSES: MC Nookie BS (mods took away my votes herb ass niggas)
<center>"Ya'll Cats Still Nursery Rhymin Dog All My Barz Nuts Like A Hershey With Almonds"-Cassidy</center>
VOTE 4 CAMRONS GETEM GIRLS VIDEO ON BET.COM lol
Send a message via AIM to ...Àû†øpšÿ...   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-04, 10:00 AM   #20
Gunman tha Great

IP: C1DA C961

Quote:
Originally posted by Philosopher King
Yeah -- I never got this problem some people seem to have with writing things in advance. Oh, no, you mean some rapper actually took the time to think about and perfect what he was going to say before he said it? Yeah, I wish they'd all do that. Being able to produce decent lyrics of the top of your head is like being able to throw a knife more accurately than another guy. Yeah, it's a decent skill and possibly useful for something, but if you need to cut a wire to disarm a bomb, I don't want either of you doing it like that.

And i would like to thank u for being a complete idiot. Write shit for yo damn songs so put "written spit" on the CD don't put 'freestyle' a freestyle aint written once u start writing boom thats tha end of it plain and simple. Oh and your bomb analogy was ignant back to tha drawing board u go.
Old 01-07-04, 10:01 AM   #21
Jay B

IP: EF7C 716E

Wack.... Hes Aite
Old 01-07-04, 10:08 AM   #22
retard101
This is my first post!

Text Record: 1-4
IP: 4BD0 87AE

yo Zedd you wrong manin my home town i freestyle off the top of my head and as im battlin you i do that to

<marquee>KŕŷØĝęñîX
№ Сΰяе FΦř IllйЄş$
<marquee>
Old 01-07-04, 10:16 AM   #23
Gunman tha Great

IP: C1DA C961

if that shit in yo sig is a freestyle from u. Then i'll grant u a pass to write the rest of yo shit.
Old 01-07-04, 10:39 PM   #24
Street Fame

IP: 6387 1717

You stupid shits lol... No he don't prewrite his freestyles... Usually emcees have stored lines and ideas in their heads and they let em out in freestyles, but Banks don't prewrite his frees.

50 sure as hell dont prewrite cos hes wack as fuck lmao...

Big L = best freestyler ever, peep him, and naw he don't prewrite.. he freestyled live wit JayZ for 7 minutes and shit was complex as fucc.. and his '98 freestyle was so amazing i have to question if it was a legitimate free or not.. 1
Old 01-07-04, 10:39 PM   #25
Da_Killa_Kid
R.B's Demigod

IP: 36DD 141E

if you prewrite ya shit don't front and act like you can freestyle,just leave that shit to the niggas wit the real talent.

Holla At Em.

<center> </center>
slept on battle
http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105181
http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113861
Send a message via Yahoo to Da_Killa_Kid   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-04, 06:16 AM   #26
Kwizikal

IP: 6F9E F23B

I'd say 50% of rappers do....only the great
vets have th confidence to freestyle......
Have you heard Redman Free?....Sick
Old 01-08-04, 09:17 AM   #27
MP~PHASIZ
Aint Nobody Iller Than Me

Text Record: 9-0
IP: 9CEA B5DF

If the whole thing is pre-written then it's not a freestyle. Think about it.
Send a message via MSN to MP~PHASIZ   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-04, 10:13 AM   #28
Gunman tha Great

IP: 4287 3F49

Quote:
Originally posted by Street Fame
You stupid shits lol... No he don't prewrite his freestyles... Usually emcees have stored lines and ideas in their heads and they let em out in freestyles, but Banks don't prewrite his frees.

50 sure as hell dont prewrite cos hes wack as fuck lmao...

Big L = best freestyler ever, peep him, and naw he don't prewrite.. he freestyled live wit JayZ for 7 minutes and shit was complex as fucc.. and his '98 freestyle was so amazing i have to question if it was a legitimate free or not.. 1

So i'd enjoy u explaining why I have the CD that Lloyd BAnks spit tha same EXACT verse on tha basement? And it was a CD that dropped about when In Da Club came out? Oh and explain how 50 finished Bank's punches for him. yeah u can't go somewhere and play hop off Lloyd's dick
Old 01-08-04, 10:40 AM   #29
one soul

IP: 399E F0FD

..He sucks...
Old 01-08-04, 04:05 PM   #30
D-Verb

IP: 2690 09F9

So many emcees prewrite now, its takin the art outta it. I respect Em to a degree, but not how he comes with all these "freestyles" that are obvious prewrittens

If i was in the position of going on the radio in front of countless heads and spittin the first thoughts off the top of my head though, I would prbably premed some of my verse, but fuck the fakeness of claiming writs as freestyles.