RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-04, 01:08 PM   #16
Arian
Banned: Racism

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: DCBE 1B5A

I totaly agree with that negativity shit, what ever happened to the good 'ol day's when "hip hop" was the end result of a good old fashioned ass whooping administered to negroes trying to ride at the front of the bus.
Old 09-02-04, 01:19 PM   #17
selah david
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
IP: F694 DF56

I've said on here b4 that rap and hip-hop are two different things. Rap to me can be incoporated in hip hop. Rap is not all negative, but it is in a depressing state because we have those who claim that it's all negative and about 40's and guns and violence and sex, but sometimes that stuff is necessary. There may be an over saturation of these things, but what makes me upset are the whack rappers who cry about rap being negative, but don't have any skills or half ass what they claim to be a "concious effort" without fully examining the subject matter and content of their lyrics, then getting upset because no one is feeling them and blame the "negative" rap for brain washing everyone and depreciating the value of "real music". Which is why I am upset with whoever started this thread, and those who responded because none of you from what I read had anything of value to say.

Selah (think about it)
Old 09-02-04, 06:07 PM   #18
JPoll
I'm So Punny

Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 95FF 1D86

immortal is the greatest...uppin
Old 09-02-04, 06:22 PM   #19
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
IP: C5D3 9246

rofl.. all of u are so fucking confused...... there is no standard to hip-hop.. do what ever the fuck u want to do... theres room for everybody.... if u wanan rap about guns, do it... if u wanan rap about killing ur whole family (eminem), do it... if u wanan rap about smoking weed and rollin on 24's do it... hip-hop is the same as it always been.. its just the people who are in hip-hop are the ones that have changed... its not what they rapping about.. its how they rappin about it..

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 09-02-04, 07:04 PM   #20
The Jett
Im Short.Ur Fat.He's Gay.

Text Record: 48-16
Audio Record: 17-11
IP: 0809 3AD6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decree Wun
fuck ur jus a whiteboi who got caught up in rap u dont understand the meanin of rap..go pick up a bill russel book,...all this shit started with peeps in thwe ghetto

and the sad thing about all of this is....

I would destroy you in rap.....
Send a message via AIM to The Jett Send a message via MSN to The Jett   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-04, 07:21 PM   #21
!Mc Merc!
Light Weight

Text Record: 4-3
IP: FD9D 8A8F

rap is good original, when people like originality, they copy it, making it crappy and sad, and PLAYED. Ghettos are filled with dumbasses, i was from te ghetto i should no, half the people could barely read, so i imagine how well they rap, like take rakim and tupac,
best g rap ever, did rakim make much money, good rappers are the smart ones actually reflected on playedness negativitly in ghettos, stating they are more intellect and can rap, NOOOOOOOO, did chingy did?? because he was mainstream and g rap wasnt cool to you teenibobbin bitches like empire. so a few people actually good at rappin, but the hustlets who could careless thinks it about cred, so they go with the flow, and people are so weak minded these days that they dont even no it peer preassure making them do these homo acts(ex: right thurr)
so dont blame chingy, lilflip and the homos, blame the people who made it cool to be a fake rapper...............

Guaranteed
Young gunn
Old 09-03-04, 01:51 AM   #22
Young Drama
...The Truth...

Exclamation

IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonJetX2
I disagree....

It used to be Glock's an 9's in the hood of compton....

now it's....
Grabbin bitche's, Smokin, and rollin on dub's....

very true, im from compton and i think its alrite for me to talk bout dat cause i do live that life, but wen i see niggas from Uk and shit it pisses me off to see that shit cause i gotta do wat i gotta do but they jus plain fakin and i aint jus talk bout Uk or nuttin, im talkin bout niggas in da US to, so keep dat in mine, cause thats why my name Desert Eagle, truth, speak it
Old 09-03-04, 01:55 AM   #23
Plutonium
Straight From Da Lab!

IP: 5E7E 501C

^^^word, but in a way rap haven't changed a bit, in fact the only thing that's changing is how gangster are talked about, G-Unit talks about hoes, and they class themself as gangstas
Old 09-03-04, 02:04 AM   #24
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 06B8 DBF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity
rofl.. all of u are so fucking confused...... there is no standard to hip-hop.. do what ever the fuck u want to do... theres room for everybody.... if u wanan rap about guns, do it... if u wanan rap about killing ur whole family (eminem), do it... if u wanan rap about smoking weed and rollin on 24's do it... hip-hop is the same as it always been.. its just the people who are in hip-hop are the ones that have changed... its not what they rapping about.. its how they rappin about it..

^I dont think anyone picked up on that.. Thats true.. Theres so many different personalitys in rap, theres teachers, criminals, gangstas, pimps.. You cant really define hip hop from a cirtain group of rappers..

But the point of this thread is that rap is getting a bad name because of all the publicity around beef in rap.. But thats life man, as long as theirs gonna be people that have their own sets of belief's and views, theres always gonna be someone out there to disagree..

And theres always gonna be fakes out there that need to be shut down and skooled on how to act. Thats the world.. Thats life...