RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-05, 11:17 AM   #16
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 86A9 DBBA

here comes the usual RV freeposts about complete and utter bullshit.

Getting back on topic:

Nas stated clearly that there's a difference between a "bicth" and a "woman". Just like Chris Rock stated there's a difference between Niggers and blacks. This completely crumbles O'Kelly's argument.

Pertaining to Nas's "8th grade education" as he reffers to it - we all know that people can and have educated themselves beyond school - not to mention wisdom and assessment of character. So because nas left the shool system in 8th grade means he's incapable of judging one's character? That's a baseless argument.

Quote:
‘Weezy,’ Isabel Sanford won an Emmy in 1981.

He mentioned ‘The Redd Foxxes,’ i.e. Black comedians of that era. Redd Foxx contemporary, Flip Wilson won 2 Emmys in 1970 for ‘The Flip Wilson Show’ but was also highly criticized for the supposed renewing of black stereotypes in the variety show.

Issabelle stanford did win in 1981 - nas definitely incorrectly quoted that. But the refference to Redd? The point still stands. Redd Foxx never won an emy. Red was 'notoriously black' - but all of Mr. O'Kelly's counterpoints are all individuals who were inspired by Redd's style - NOT Redd himself. As a matter of fact, all of Mr O'Kelly's refferences of "stand up black role models" are all blacks who've married white women. He's not factually arguing nas's points stating that nas is contraditing himself. In fact it's Mr. O'Kelly that's contradicting his own self. If he wanted to make the point - he'd state black celebreties that married black and still sold out in alternate ways. Flip Wilson?? That monkey was inches away from black-face and 'yes massa'.

Mr. O'Kelly states that nas isn't neccessarily "real" jus because he raps about women and his own skill. It would seem that this is trying to misdirect and dillute the point. Nas is stating that "selling out" involves compromising ones self - and he claims to haven't have done that. So exactly whis Mr. Kelly getting at? You knew what nas was saying - I doubt someone as educated as he portrays himself to be would make such an obvious mistake about the message to the song he was criticizing.

Nas is owned? I highly doubt it.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 11:24 AM   #17
Ancel
God is a Fable.

IP: 259E CB2D

Good point but why are you still posting here... Thought you hated it
Old 01-07-05, 11:30 AM   #18
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 86A9 DBBA

^why would you think I don't? Where else would I find a mass of the mentally dead all going "duuuuhhh...yeah - he was owned!! look at all those big words - he HAD to got owned! I'm gonna go play with my crayons now". You guys swallow what ever anyone tells you as long as it has the word "owned", "herb" or "merk" in it.

Led - mark my words; The day the board battle is over, my reasons to post here (other than to piss down CALI's shirt since he's gonna be bitching about it the whole way) would be none. The heads I respect here I keep in contact with via AIM and I feel their struggle in this sea of ignrance you call a rap board.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 04:39 PM   #19
Ike
No Relation To Tina

Text Record: 9-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B4FC C87E

yea some of this was bullshit........when he talks about tiger woods and all them.....hes not saying it because they have white wives......

Send a message via AIM to Ike   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 04:45 PM   #20
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Text Record: 70-13
IP: 28AD 5545

that nigga is ignorant,
He talked about Tiger woods because he cleary stated
he's "asian and nothing more" on T.V.

sure get on Nas,you noticed everyone with O' in there name
talks about rappers? like O' Reily still gets on Luda..I'm pissed like a bitch

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 05:21 PM   #21
50Cal.
STROBE's Favorite Rapper

Text Record: 62-23
Audio Record: 9-2
IP: 5671 DBDD

Dopeness Just What I Been Saying But N The Words Of Dip Set

'dont Make Me Smack That Kufi Off Ya Head'

Word

94-29
R.I.P RAPVERSE
Send a message via AIM to 50Cal.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 05:23 PM   #22
OrEo da cookie
SEE YA AT THE TOP

IP: 1EDC 673C

i hate bob, nas surpassed any dropouts level of intelagance,
look where he is at
Old 01-07-05, 05:26 PM   #23
Kawn Flixx
FUCK STROBE

Text Record: 70-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
^why would you think I don't? Where else would I find a mass of the mentally dead all going "duuuuhhh...yeah - he was owned!! look at all those big words - he HAD to got owned! I'm gonna go play with my crayons now". You guys swallow what ever anyone tells you as long as it has the word "owned", "herb" or "merk" in it.

Led - mark my words; The day the board battle is over, my reasons to post here (other than to piss down CALI's shirt since he's gonna be bitching about it the whole way) would be none. The heads I respect here I keep in contact with via AIM and I feel their struggle in this sea of ignrance you call a rap board.

EXACTLY,when people use big words,they say owned
like I'm gonna call somebody gay using big words

"your homo-sexuality,exceeds the potential of even the most
female adapted male ever to grase the presense of the earth"

oh oh oh owned!!!

Send a message via AIM to Kawn Flixx Send a message via MSN to Kawn Flixx   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-05, 05:30 PM   #24
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

this guys a dumbass...nas is saying his opinion, if you dont like it then fuck off and listen to something else so many people are fucking uptight over stupid shit

theres kkk doing shit against black people just because their black
theres the government lying over 90% of the shit they say
half of the world which is about 1.4 billion people earns less then 2 dollars a day...

and people go over the top for this shit? shut the fuck up and go to sleep...
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus

Last edited by final : 01-07-05 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-07-05, 05:36 PM   #25
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 48EA 7C3F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriTiC
Yeah Nas got owned but he dosen't hide who he is, you don't know the
reasons why he droped out of school in the first place so don't judge.

Also on the whole album this must be the weakest track but the person
dosen't mention the other great tracks on it.

Yeah he has no right saying who's black and who's not but at the end
of the track the question is asked what have you given back to the
hood?

I agree with some things but this person who wrote this should write
the pro's & con's of all the other tracks or maybe write how Jay-z
always bites pac's rhymes...

Lol I'm done Mad man how did xmas go

1~

I've never really been a Jay-Z person, but he uses lines from big and pac as a tribute to them. Not biting. Call it biting if you want, but he does know what he's doing.
Old 01-07-05, 06:02 PM   #26
MadProphet
^ > u

Text Record: 3-0
IP: 81E5 18AB

Quote:
Where else would I find a mass of the mentally dead all going "duuuuhhh...yeah - he was owned!! look at all those big words - he HAD to got owned! I'm gonna go play with my crayons now".

^^ LMMFAO...a more truthful stement couldn't have been said

Get Soul-Clapped with Cold Raps
Freestyles with E-Style

1x Punchline League Champion

First Open Mic -" RV's State Of Mind"

Quote:
MC: Representative of Hip Hop Culture
Rapper: Representative of Corporate Interests
Send a message via AIM to MadProphet   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-05, 06:16 AM   #27
Talen Ted
Flyweight

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 14C0 E8B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriTiC
Yeah Nas got owned but he dosen't hide who he is, you don't know the
reasons why he droped out of school in the first place so don't judge.

Also on the whole album this must be the weakest track but the person
dosen't mention the other great tracks on it.

Yeah he has no right saying who's black and who's not but at the end
of the track the question is asked what have you given back to the
hood?

I agree with some things but this person who wrote this should write
the pro's & con's of all the other tracks or maybe write how Jay-z
always bites pac's rhymes...

Lol I'm done Mad man how did xmas go

1~

you are a fuckin Nas dickrider.
eat a cock and overdose on posionus cum.
Old 01-08-05, 06:18 AM   #28
Talen Ted
Flyweight

IP: 91E9 D1A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike
yea some of this was bullshit........when he talks about tiger woods and all them.....hes not saying it because they have white wives......

why the fuck is he saying it then?
because those 3 people that Nas named DID have white wives.
Old 01-08-05, 06:45 AM   #29
Talen Ted
Flyweight

IP: 91E9 D1A1

Quote:

Issabelle stanford did win in 1981 - nas definitely incorrectly quoted that. But the refference to Redd? The point still stands. Redd Foxx never won an emy. Red was 'notoriously black' - but all of Mr. O'Kelly's counterpoints are all individuals who were inspired by Redd's style - NOT Redd himself.

you cant really say if Redd's style inspired them. You dont know WHAT inspired them, unless that actor actually said that Redd inspired him out of their own mouth. the point Im trying to make here is you dont know if Redd inspired other people or not. People just assume he did, beause he was an old black comedian. namsayen?

As a matter of fact, all of Mr O'Kelly's refferences of "stand up black role models" are all blacks who've married white women. He's not factually arguing nas's points stating that nas is contraditing himself.

actually he is arguing Nas's points. it's pretty clear. Nas was saying that you are a sell-out if you marry a white woman. O`Kelly was saying that some of these "sell-outs" that married white women are really great people that young african americans SHOULD be looking up to.. so, O`Kelly was NOT contradicting himself, Nas was.

In fact it's Mr. O'Kelly that's contradicting his own self. If he wanted to make the point - he'd state black celebreties that married black and still sold out in alternate ways. Flip Wilson?? That monkey was inches away from black-face and 'yes massa'.

WTF!?!?, Why? Nas wasnt talking about blacks that married blacks, he was talking about blacks that married whites. so why should O`Kelly talk about something and try to prove Nas wrong for something that Nas isnt even talking about!?!?

Mr. O'Kelly states that nas isn't neccessarily "real" jus because he raps about women and his own skill. It would seem that this is trying to misdirect and dillute the point. Nas is stating that "selling out" involves compromising ones self - and he claims to haven't have done that. So exactly whis Mr. Kelly getting at? You knew what nas was saying - I doubt someone as educated as he portrays himself to be would make such an obvious mistake about the message to the song he was criticizing.

Mr O`Kelly no where says Nas is NOT real, so this was just bullshit.

Nas is owned? I highly doubt it.

Yes, Nas WAS OWNED.
For making a song, saying who is black and who is not.
What is "black"? exactly
you can be black, but raised in the ghetto. thats what America think the typical black person should be like.
but, what if you're raised in the suburbs
do you still act like you were raised in the ghetto?
no, you act like you raised in the suburbs
that dont make you any less black, because the color of your skin shouldnt affect what you do.'
if we all TRULY wanted to act black, then we should all live in tribes, carry baskets on our heads and go to war with other tribes for 100's of years at a time like the black people are doing RIGHT NOW in Africa.
and I think that makes you OWNED!
Old 01-08-05, 06:52 AM   #30
MaRVJay
aMERiKaZ NiGHTMaRE!

Text Record: 57-24

yo whut da fukk is up with dis owned shit....shut da fukk up with dat shit datz madd homo..but aneway nas song these r our hero's was hott n da shit is true kobe,cuba goodin,taye diggs dem niggaz is hollywood faggets now marryin white bitches i guess cuzz they aint feelin our sistahs no more he might of had a few facts wrong in his song but they dont do nothin 4 da hood's they cum from....n da dude dat wrote dat long ass nas story lol got his shit fukked up nas aint drop out in no 8th grade...shit if i was nas i would make a record dissin dat nigga lol....and ppl of rv da "owned" shit is trash stop sayin it
"Wordz Ahgod has DECLINED this battle on 12-20-06 09:49 PM.

This thread has been automatically closed."

^^he's scared.lol
Send a message via AIM to MaRVJay   Reply With Quote