RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-05, 09:27 PM   #16
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 8BE5 036C

I had to clear one sample for my album - got full blessin from the artist I used. Shes a native singer form Arizona. Word. I aint clear it if you cant tell. Like my new beat "on blast" is a tom jones sample - but you cant tell.... so its all good

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 09:40 PM   #17
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 577C 1E7C

yea im workin on some things...i gotta few lil connections....
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 10:13 PM   #18
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: CCEE 91DD

I wanna have more knowledge of the industry before I do like........anything. =/

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 08-16-05, 10:19 PM   #19
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: B73C 3D1E

Phen, well that's a big diff. If no one recognizes it or it's some basic ass music, anyone could say they re-generated it (provided they'd need to show proof if they're legally cited) but vocals and shit man, they come down hard on.

But yeah man, long story short, anyone here who plans to be heard by anyone even remotely important, protect your self before you wreck your self becaue them contracts are straight up rapage. They sign cats on deals they know YOU personally won't make any money on (think TLC who went multiplat and didn't have 30k on them COLLECTIVELY.) and rob you legally. There's management and lawyers out there that do the damn thing the way they should and in your best interest and a lot of us operate illegally and don't evne realize it. Ignorance isn't a legal defense so please man, if you're gonna make music, look into the law. Instead of spending that $ on your equip, spend 30 bucks on an entertainment law book. Just my suggestion.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 10:20 PM   #20
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
I wanna have more knowledge of the industry before I do like........anything. =/

anything I can help with, lemme know.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-05, 10:31 PM   #21
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: D6FD 8B82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
Just wondering if anyone else here has ANY representation at all? Anyone here spend money to clear samples on the beats you buy? Anyone here got a distrobution deal? Anyone here have a manager? A lawyer? Anybody?

The way me & omb are doing it is pressing about 150 copies of our promo cd and I got a a hell of a lot of people that are really supportive of my rap & wanna be part of bigging up my group so my tapes gonna be handed out to a lot of people in a lot of different circles untill were well known on the coast and I'll also be getting our music on a station called Triple J which does promo stuff for up and comming artists & can most likly help with hooking up some good connections once they realise my groups better than 90% of the stuff they usually play from up and comming artists.. Dont need a manager just yet untill OMB is up from sydney so we can work on our act and all that shit & start doing gigs..

I even already know the first label I want to sign to and I know my goals and how to get where I want to be at. I got the shit planned from A to B to C to being the biggest rap group in Australia.. & I also got ambitions outside of rap that I want to achieve with my career but first thing is first.
Old 08-16-05, 10:57 PM   #22
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
The way me & omb are doing it is pressing about 150 copies of our promo cd and I got a a hell of a lot of people that are really supportive of my rap & wanna be part of bigging up my group so my tapes gonna be handed out to a lot of people in a lot of different circles untill were well known on the coast and I'll also be getting our music on a station called Triple J which does promo stuff for up and comming artists & can most likly help with hooking up some good connections once they realise my groups better than 90% of the stuff they usually play from up and comming artists.. Dont need a manager just yet untill OMB is up from sydney so we can work on our act and all that shit & start doing gigs..

I even already know the first label I want to sign to and I know my goals and how to get where I want to be at. I got the shit planned from A to B to C to being the biggest rap group in Australia.. & I also got ambitions outside of rap that I want to achieve with my career but first thing is first.

good shit man. a plan is the first thing needed beforea single step is taken and if you atleast got that then you're off to a good start. Once you plug in the legal aspects of it, you're definitely far better off than someone sho's jsut making music with no real direction for their CD once it's done. I don't know the laws in Austrailia so I def can't speak on em, but GL with that.

PS, watch out for OMB. He's into that....you know....butt stuff....

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 08-16-05, 10:59 PM   #23
Magic5

IP: 333B A711

If anybody gets sued in a civil case, regarding medical injuries.. or if you crash a helicopter and get sued..

My dad has GOT YOUR BACK.

You never know.. so whatever.
Old 08-17-05, 01:55 AM   #24
Ltizzle
Seattle Hat Wit A Lean

Graphics Record: 17-5
IP: BA87 A0AC

yea
my group has managed to jump a couple of steps
i have a manager whos pretty high level in the rap industry...which means she has quite a few big name connections
so once we get a couple tracks we really like, we can get them onto worldwide mixtapes with other mainstream artists...which is mad nice

---------------------------
Lucky Boy Beats: Owner & Producer
http://www.myspace.com/luckyboybeats
----------------------------------------------
Gunn Play: Rv's Original Duo
Dash Canceling To A Computer Near You

MAS ON EM! 4 LIFE

Send a message via AIM to Ltizzle   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-05, 02:09 AM   #25
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 9092 4066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltizzle
yea
i have a manager whos pretty high level in the rap industry...which means she has quite a few big name connections
so once we get a couple tracks we really like, we can get them onto worldwide mixtapes with other mainstream artists...which is mad nice

werrd

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 08-17-05, 03:04 AM   #26
Reflekt

IP: 2029 97B3

well as far as music goes. i make my own beats so i don't have to worry about any of that. manager? not really looking at that yet cause i've only been heard by a few small labels around here. when i get a little bigger than i'll tell my cousin who is a lawyer also.
Old 08-17-05, 03:46 AM   #27
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflekt
well as far as music goes. i make my own beats so i don't have to worry about any of that. manager? not really looking at that yet cause i've only been heard by a few small labels around here. when i get a little bigger than i'll tell my cousin who is a lawyer also.

yeah, but wh I'm saying whi the beats is that if you samlpe it, you can get sued by not clearing the sample. and "clearing" is really jsut asking permission then paying the agreed price. This can get REAL expensive and by that I mean it can reach into the hundredthousands. Just something ot keep in mind man. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltizzle
yea

That's good shit man.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 08-17-05, 03:51 AM   #28
Reflekt

IP: 2029 97B3

o no..i make my own music from instruments..jus like The Neptunes..so would i still get sued for that? and if you do make it big..about how many people will be part of your "Staff"..like managers and everything.
Old 08-17-05, 05:38 AM   #29
Phenom-in-all
Vendetta the K.O. King

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 19-4
IP: 8BE5 036C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
If anybody gets sued in a civil case, regarding medical injuries.. or if you crash a helicopter and get sued..

My dad has GOT YOUR BACK.

You never know.. so whatever.

theres a couple of pilots who used to work for air france that might need some help if you've been following that at all LOL

Same Page Productions
Send a message via AIM to Phenom-in-all Send a message via MSN to Phenom-in-all   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-05, 05:52 AM   #30
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 51A3 DAAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday
PS, watch out for OMB. He's into that....you know....butt stuff....

Obviously, the AIM convo went a little something like this....

OneManBand713 (25:61am): Hey, you're gay
Deepblue12234234324562345 (25:62am): omg who told you
OneManBand713 Rooted dooms' girl at 11:35pm
OneManBand713 Signed off at 12:25pm
Deepblue238974239847 came out the closet at 39yrs old

straight copy and paste.