RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-05, 06:46 PM   #16
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: C4A3 993F

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-NOC
Is this where you got all of your "genious" ideas about the Pope being Satanic from, Dooms?

Nope, I learned it when I did his autobiography for a bible class I was a member of ages ago.

Quote:
and no, Cdusit, Jesus wasnt a cult leader.
There's a difference between a cult and a religion, Jesus didnt brainwash or play off of people's emotions to get their souls.

How is Malachai York brainwashing anyone? I suggest you look up the definition of "Cult" BTW, because you're in one right now.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-05, 06:52 PM   #17
ConPsy
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 5285 DC82

Quote:
Is this where you got all of your "genious" ideas about the Pope being Satanic from, Dooms?

and no, Cdusit, Jesus wasnt a cult leader.
There's a difference between a cult and a religion, Jesus didnt brainwash or play off of people's emotions to get their souls.

You dont know if bake then he didnt pray on the weak minded and make them beleive what he was saying.

take a look at today. You see these christians going round 100% set out to make everyone else beleive. and if you say you dont beleive..your instantly going to be condemed and they class you as a devil worshiper.. going to hell or judge you which they say they dont do you.

jesus followers in the year 2000 (the elder followers) are wrong inthere way they express and teach there religion..they beleive that doing things the same way as years ago is still relevant.

year 2000 christians are wrong(80% of them)
Old 10-09-05, 06:52 PM   #18
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Nope, I learned it when I did his autobiography for a bible class I was a member of ages ago.

How is Malachai York brainwashing anyone? I suggest you look up the definition of "Cult" BTW, because you're in one right now.

oh, I just clicked on one page and it said "My Favorite Cult Leaders" and Malachi was one of them, I dont really care....... I just wanted to see yalls reactions

but how is Christianity a cult? Defend yourself please.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 10-09-05, 06:54 PM   #19
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdusit
You dont know if bake then he didnt pray on the weak minded and make them beleive what he was saying.

take a look at today. You see these christians going round 100% set out to make everyone else beleive. and if you say you dont beleive..your instantly going to be condemed and they class you as a devil worshiper.. going to hell or judge you which they say they dont do you.

jesus followers in the year 2000 (the elder followers) are wrong inthere way they express and teach there religion..they beleive that doing things the same way as years ago is still relevant.

year 2000 christians are wrong(80% of them)

wow, that was really really dumb... but please dont classify Baptists as all Christians... Im Episcopalian, and I bet my pastor has never said the words "hell" and "condemned" in the same Sermon... we never do that shit, I disagree with all of that just as much as you do.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 10-09-05, 06:58 PM   #20
ConPsy
Light Weight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 5285 DC82

Quote:
wow, that was really really dumb... but please dont classify Baptists as all Christians... Im Episcopalian, and I bet my pastor has never said the words "hell" and "condemned" in the same Sermon... we never do that shit, I disagree with all of that just as much as you do.

ok.. i might of been out of line in saying that...

but you got to admit..religion these days are in competition (with an exception to budhism) they all want to prove they ae the ones who have the right knowledge to fix the world..taking there time and focus away from actually fixing the world.
no shit...
I just had two guys come to my door this morning..preaching god...

When i stated my point of veiw...( i am very outspoken) they were shocked and allmost looked liek they wanted to repeant.

I didnt disprespect them in anyway.. I simply stated "every religion is right" and they could not beleive that i wouldnt stand there and say christianity is the way.
Old 10-09-05, 07:02 PM   #21
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: C4A3 993F

Quote:
oh, I just clicked on one page and it said "My Favorite Cult Leaders" and Malachi was one of them, I dont really care....... I just wanted to see yalls reactions

but how is Christianity a cult? Defend yourself please.

Before we get any further, please understand that I have no relation to any other debate in this thread other than "What is a cult" and the missuse of the word.

But I think you mean "explain" myself, but your own dictionary explains it clearly:

Cult: (kült)

1. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
2. The object of such devotion.

6 An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

This is the premise for the Christian and every other existing religion in the world. As a matter of fact, the 6th description suits this and every other rap board and a host of other things. Anything that people as a group connect to and hold in esteem is a "cult following". If you're a fan of just about anything, you're, by definition, in a cult. The word "cult" is short for "culture" BTW, so where's this negative connotation come from? And how is Malachai York the "cult leader" that you described him to be, seeing as you had no knowledge of these definitions prior to that? Had you known these, I'm sure you wouldn't have asked, so I won't insult your intellegence.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote