RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-05, 01:49 PM   #16
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 921F 74EB

Mim I meant to say hip-hop culture instead of clothing, not that that makes a difference, but I edited the original.....

but yes, basketball is their job.... and when they're playing basketball, they wear their uniforms and follow the dress code... but leaving work isnt their job.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 10-19-05, 01:52 PM   #17
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Basketball is a bigger job then McDonalds. Let's get the comparisons going. A lawyer can't just take off his suit once the jury gives the decision. You have to keep that shit on, looking professional all the way out.. and you can't change into a suit when you get into court either. It's a job. Dress professionally.

right, well okay you said you couldnt compare mcdonalds to basketball for certain reasons....

well, you cant compare being a lawyer to being in the NBA either, lawyers make their money from being professional and that fits their profession, do lawyers wear jerseys and play a sport while they are ON their job? No, the way that basketball players make their money fits hip-hop culture and clothing, a white tee and jeans is appropriate... thats the image they have on and off the court, and thats the image the NBA uses to sell apparel

Old 10-19-05, 01:53 PM   #18
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

THE NBA WANTS THEM TO LOOK PROFESSIONAL.

Jesus, is it that hard for you to grasp that "chains" and saggy pants aren't professional? It doesn't matter that they're leaving, or coming, or whatever. It's not fucking racist to make them wear a suit on their way out.

Shit.
Old 10-19-05, 01:53 PM   #19
Viva
Cuz I'm Old Skool Baby

Text Record: 5-1
IP: 042E 9E4C

this is a joke right? My school wears uniforms, we have to wear our uniforms according to the rules whether we're in skool or not, we still have to wear them the way the school asks us to, on the way to school and on the way home. Footballers (soccer) wear suits on the way to games, after games at meetings, interviews, then u see them on the street wearing jeans and a tee, u dress for ur job it aint that much to ask and it aint rascist either, no wonder shit hasnt moved on in america if ppl pull the race card at every given opportunity however stupid it may be.

I'm white so u KNOW i can't rap =)

I will definitely RTF if u leave a link, thanks!
Old 10-19-05, 01:55 PM   #20
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-NOC
right, well okay you said you couldnt compare mcdonalds to basketball for certain reasons....

well, you cant compare being a lawyer to being in the NBA either, lawyers make their money from being professional and that fits their profession, do lawyers wear jerseys and play a sport while they are ON their job? No, the way that basketball players make their money fits hip-hop culture and clothing, a white tee and jeans is appropriate... thats the image they have on and off the court, and thats the image the NBA uses to sell apparel

They make their money playing basketball. That doesn't fit the hip hop culture. Nobody fucking describes the hip hop culture with playing basketball. It's all about the clothing, and the NBA wants them to look professionally on their to and from the stadiums. It's not a big fucking deal.
Old 10-19-05, 01:55 PM   #21
Blay'all

Quote:
THE NBA WANTS THEM TO LOOK PROFESSIONAL.

Jesus, is it that hard for you to grasp that "chains" and saggy pants aren't professional? It doesn't matter that they're leaving, or coming, or whatever. It's not fucking racist to make them wear a suit on their way out.

Shit.

see, now you just totally jump out of the argument and go back to your original, basic point that lead into this discussion and you being proven wrong

and i never argued that this was racist, I say it targets the hip-hop culture thought, and because of the nature of the NBA and how they market that very culture, that is wrong.

Old 10-19-05, 01:56 PM   #22
Blay'all

Quote:
They make their money playing basketball. That doesn't fit the hip hop culture. Nobody fucking describes the hip hop culture with playing basketball. It's all about the clothing, and the NBA wants them to look professionally on their to and from the stadiums. It's not a big fucking deal.

i was just saying, if you cant compare mcdonalds to the NBA, then you definitely cant compare law to the NBA either.... there was no basis in that comparison

Old 10-19-05, 01:57 PM   #23
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Eire~
this is a joke right? My school wears uniforms, we have to wear our uniforms according to the rules whether we're in skool or not, we still have to wear them the way the school asks us to, on the way to school and on the way home. Footballers (soccer) wear suits on the way to games, after games at meetings, interviews, then u see them on the street wearing jeans and a tee, u dress for ur job it aint that much to ask and it aint rascist either, no wonder shit hasnt moved on in america if ppl pull the race card at every given opportunity however stupid it may be.

Im not arguing that its racist, but whatever school you go to doesnt market hip-hop clothing either, Im sure.

shit, I saw we let the guys do their job, play ball and live their lives how they want to.... like AI said - "putting a murderer in a suit doesnt make him not a killer." What are they trying to protect?

Old 10-19-05, 01:57 PM   #24
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Eire~

Exactly. You dress for the job.
Old 10-19-05, 01:58 PM   #26
Vango
RV SPOTLIGHT, GET AT ME!

IP: DAB8 745E

Quote:
Is it a little extreme? Probably.

So what? Do "chains" really serve a gigantic purpose in the hip hop culture? They still allow them to listen to rap, rap, etc. It's just their clothes, and if youc an't embrace the hip hop culture without all that shit, then you're an idiot.

Here's what your missing the NBA made big dollars promoting it's players using elements of the hip hop culture. Then one day you want to come in and say theres a dress code, that's extreme. Players should probably look nice when in public, but don't cramp their style. The way you wear an outfit, suit or whatever, might not be the same why someone else does. It's called personal style, and sometimes that includes accessories, chains, etc.... whatever.

I had to get a new couch, but as you can see the fun continues!
A.I.
Old 10-19-05, 01:59 PM   #27
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
but mcdonalds dont giv a fuck wat u do after work

the NBA does

n wen they are made to wear suits there job is not over travelling is apart of the job itts not like they live 5 mins away they hav to travels hundreds of miles sumtimes for games n that is apart of the job so its the nba;s decision wat they wear then cause its apart of the job

LMAO, EXACTLY!!!!

you're the one that compared them.....
I was arguing that you cant compare them, thank you for helping me

Old 10-19-05, 01:59 PM   #29
Viva
Cuz I'm Old Skool Baby

Text Record: 5-1
IP: 042E 9E4C

well the title of the thread is about racism.

amd ur stereotyping and judging ppl anyways. Not every nba player (black or otherwise) is into hip hop, so ur bein prejudice. Maybe the team has to wear suits to stop the differences being so obvious (hence the reason for skool uniforms) so maybe the suits have a practical purpose as well as just being professional.

I'm white so u KNOW i can't rap =)

I will definitely RTF if u leave a link, thanks!
Old 10-19-05, 02:00 PM   #30
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-NOC
i was just saying, if you cant compare mcdonalds to the NBA, then you definitely cant compare law to the NBA either.... there was no basis in that comparison

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

Efecx comes out with a comparison to McDonalds. You went out of your way to further argue with that comparison by telling him McDonalds employees dont have to wear the suit after their shift, so I come with a comparison that fits, but since you can't argue with this one all of sudden their is no basis?

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ARGUE OVER THE MCDONALDS SHIT, THEN? THERE WAS NO BASIS TO THAT ONE EITHER, QUEERBOY.