RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-06, 05:53 PM   #16
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 537F FDF7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th
Like UPN? I remember when UPN was so firm on the "this is not an all-black network" standpoint, then made a show about white people...aptly titled "The Mullets".

UPN is nothing but a bunch of tired stereotypes. Black people hate UPN with a passion. Except girlfriends, but kelsey grammer made that.
Old 03-10-06, 06:12 PM   #17
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: FC30 7384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maku JaiiLiin
this is going to be on the topic of white struggle.
what is your idea of white struggle, or the struggles of white people?
do you believe that they struggle at all?

common white struggle arguments:

1.affirmative action:taking jobs away from white people <---Not really, but no one should be given or denied employement simply off of their race. Blacks don't need handouts, they need a fair chance.
2.political correctness in media:blacks can say many things white people can't. <---yup.
3.Black people simple can't seem to get motivated, to come out of thier poverty.<---this I can't agree with. There ARE people who are willing to live off of welfare (aka "free money") for ever.
4.White people who embrace black culture, are met with racism from blacks. <--ehhhhh...that I wouldn't neccessarly agree with. It depends on what aspect of what culture. White b-boys? no prob. White rappers? when you're talkin gun talk and everyone knows you're soft, yeah,you're gonna get met with some resistance lol.

lesser ones.
5. Bet(black entertainment television) is blatantly racist, what would happen if they came out with White entertainment Television. <---They already have white Entertainment Telivision. Its called "every other chanel but BET".
6.Rap music is leading society, our youth in downward spiral towards destruction.<--absolutely right. All you hear of rap on the radio is the violent and destrctive trash.

i myself will address some, you may disagree with me.

affirmative action.

w.a.(white argument)
i don't agree that a black person should be given a job over a white person simply because the color of his skin. Because of affirmative action, more qualified white people are losing jobs. I'm not racist, i just don't believe less qualified people should be allowed jobs over, some better qualified people, that just may happen to be white.

my argument.

to begin, i'll note that this argument, is almost always angrily voiced towards a black person. i.e. dave chappelle was on a talk show a while back, and a crowd of white men, were all angrily attacking this topic, putting it towards him. White people against Affirmative action, always direct thier discontempt towards black people. Which is The very last person you should direct this argument to.

What ethnic group controls america. White People.
What ethnic group makes the laws in this country? white people
Who put this law into effect? White People.
What is this law in counterraction to? The on the job racism in...White People.

You see affirmative action was put in place, because the overall mindset in white people, in position to hire, was a racist one. Black people weren't getting jobs, because they were in a country ruled by racist white people who wouldn't hire them. In putting this law in, they probably knew that racism would never end. When you are exposed to such blatant racism, on such a high scale, it's hard to believe that it would ever end. So, by white people, against racist white people, this was put into effect, to give blacks an equal chance at having a life.

now on the subject of blacks that are not as qualified for the jobs getting ones over more qualified white people.

If this happens, it is a side effect of the system. It is sad, but the black people hired, if they arent as qualified as another white person, at least they are qualified enough to do thier job. And that's all that matters.

You can only blame the racism for this side effect, maybe if white people were giving black people a chance, or would, because i believe it affirmative action went out completely, thier would be massive loss in jobs for black people, this wouldn't happen.

so if you have any complaints in affirmative action, blame your racist brother, or your government.

5. Bet(black entertainment television) is blatantly racist, what would happen if they came out with White entertainment Television.

you see, at the time bet came out, mtv only played one black artist: Michael jackson. All thier music was geared towards white people, we didn't have our culture on tv, and our culture is and has been a big part of america.

so bet was made.
it displayed and aired music from our culture, ones geared towards the youth and to the old, and gave us a sense of accomplishment while also catering to us, specifically.

is it racist?

no i don't think so. Because if it weren't for bet, mtv will still be in the shape it was then.

mtv didn't start playing rap, out of the goodness of thier hearts. they did it in competition with bet.

this isn't opinion it's fact.

white entertainment television(what would happen if it came out)

people might be outraged, but if they would it would be rightly so.

white people have been in complete control of everything, blacks and other minority's have lived in a system structured against them in every venue of thier lives. Less than a half century ago, we couldnt get married legally, couldn't eat in the same places, couldn't find work. Everything was made the better of the white man.

so if w.e.t.(no laughs) would almost mark a blatant return to this era.

anyway post your thoughts.

and that's my 2ยข

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 06:52 PM   #18
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Text Record: 6-11
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 0B26 E977

in my eyes us whites arent struggling as much as the black struggle...it aint really a struggle ta get by though its more of a struggle between society...i HATE when people think of us white people as 50's style corny smiling faggots like in leave it to beaver..lol too me thats a major stereotype but what i hate the most bout being white is that we steretype ourselves..there's like 10 diffrent versions of us white people...there's preps, hicks, skinheads, major computer nerds (bill gates style), skateboarders, and heavy metal rockers thats inta slipknot and everything but whenever we get heavy inta rap and start dressing like it we get hated on automatically bein called "wiggas" but i think we're called that because society aint ready for a 11th white persona..and they hate on us cuz they thibk we're "trying" ta act black..i came up with a new phrase to that exact thing and its called "cultural framing" cuz think of it it's like ur a picture somebody painted and they as in society looks at u and trys ta put u in a frame as in culture that they wanna make u fit inta but its nuthin of ur chioce cuz its all about how u look so thats when people try making u inta sumthin ur not...in my opinion we should be able ta dress how we want and talk how we want freely and not have ta be hated on

and another thing i hate with my own race is that we aint family...i mean look at blacks..everyones family everybodys a brotha, sista, blood, and what not and when it comes to us white people we aint a family u see another white person and u dont even think anything of them i think thats one of the missing links between us that forms racism cuz we need ta look at every race as family and maybe we wont neglect each other like we do
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 07:18 PM   #19
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

tsk tsk tsk @ a lame attempt to diminish the REAL struggles of minorities in this country by suggesting white people struggle. Human beings struggle. But, in the context of this thread, white people have no struggles.PERIOD.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 07:34 PM   #20
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

^^^^dawg we do have struggles dont be ignorant ta think that we dont have any struggle..matter a fact its a struggle on how we are..we have the biggest problem with racism in our race u know how many white people are racist??? too me thats the biggest struggle it aint the struggle within the world its a struggle within ourselves and sad thang bout it is that lots of people aint trying ta fight it and fix the problem
Send a message via AIM to Mentor Send a message via MSN to Mentor   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 08:02 PM   #21
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

If white people are getting pissed off at BET, theyre being pretty racist. Imagine if there was AET (asian entertainment etc)... And it had asian news, asian shows all that shit. Nobody would care... Nobody would give it a second thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak
and another thing i hate with my own race is that we aint family...i mean look at blacks..everyones family everybodys a brotha, sista, blood, and what not and when it comes to us white people we aint a family u see another white person and u dont even think anything of them i think thats one of the missing links between us that forms racism cuz we need ta look at every race as family and maybe we wont neglect each other like we do

Its because white people are the majority. You have a choice of who you identify with and shit, because theres so many of us. Black people are a minority, so they have to generally work harder to be accepted into anything other than their own community. Its all about the situation. It wouldnt be the same in africa.

For example, if I went to a country like japan, I would be a foreigner. If I saw a caucasian on the street, I would probably be able to walk right up to that person and get along with them, because we are in the same situation. But if I saw that same person on the street back in america, I wouldnt even look at them twice.

Humans group together with whoever they have the most in common with. Imagine a big giant hall. If it was full of everyone from your grade, youd group with your friends. If it was full of students from different schools, you'd group with the ones from your school. If it was full of random americans, youd group with people your age. If it was full of people from different countries, youd group with any american. If it was full of aliens from different planets, you'd group with any human, no matter what race/nationality they are.
Old 03-10-06, 08:21 PM   #22
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
If white people are getting pissed off at BET, theyre being pretty racist. Imagine if there was AET (asian entertainment etc)... And it had asian news, asian shows all that shit. Nobody would care... Nobody would give it a second thought.

Its because white people are the majority. You have a choice of who you identify with and shit, because theres so many of us. Black people are a minority, so they have to generally work harder to be accepted into anything other than their own community. Its all about the situation. It wouldnt be the same in africa.

For example, if I went to a country like japan, I would be a foreigner. If I saw a caucasian on the street, I would probably be able to walk right up to that person and get along with them, because we are in the same situation. But if I saw that same person on the street back in america, I wouldnt even look at them twice.

Humans group together with whoever they have the most in common with. Imagine a big giant hall. If it was full of everyone from your grade, youd group with your friends. If it was full of students from different schools, you'd group with the ones from your school. If it was full of random americans, youd group with people your age. If it was full of people from different countries, youd group with any american. If it was full of aliens from different planets, you'd group with any human, no matter what race/nationality they are.

yea werd i defitnly understand u but too me thats bad we aint all have shit in common just cuz we the same color yes there's some stuff u can only have in common if ur that race but its mostly just bout how we are if i was on mars and found other life forms i wouldnt hesitate ta associate wit them as long as they come in peace..and yes we do get pissed at BET that pretty much means its "only" for blacks..its another way of trying ta segregate us like how it was back in the 60's we had black bathrooms and white bathrooms, black buses and white buses, white schools and blacks schools and the only reason why they stopped putting signs up is because of riots and shit but now we too dumb ta realize what they doing to us now and worst of all we actually embracing it...BET (black entertainment television) means that they just segragated ya'll into a seprate channel just like Black Starz...we shouldnt be segragated and even since day one when they stopped putting signs up we still segragate ourselves there's white communities and black communties and when they are in the same community they get into their lil black groups and white groups u know thats the truth..rap is a predomintaly black music thats why us white rappers are hated on..thats why there's parties full of just black people and seprate parties of white people, if ya'll gon just hang wit each other anyways why the hell did u even come to america (besides slaveships)..this aint no mixed country its far from it..ever notice how in a movie when it's a black predominant movie theres NO white men in it and the ones taht are in it are really fucked up looking or is being made fun of and u ever notice when there's a white director black people thats in a white predominant movie dress and act white as if they aint black too me thats a major fuckin problem
Old 03-10-06, 08:23 PM   #23
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

^^ by the way i BET one million bucks B.E.T is owned by a white person
Old 03-10-06, 08:26 PM   #24
Dirty Nigga
E-Style, Bitch.

Text Record: 33-18
IP: 7B93 7251

LOL @BET Being racist

theres not a slim shady video that didnt get mad airplay on BET.

Among other white r&b/rap artists.

People Hate What They Can't Conquer
Send a message via MSN to Dirty Nigga   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 08:32 PM   #25
Mentor
a.k.a prozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo
LOL @BET Being racist

theres not a slim shady video that didnt get mad airplay on BET.

Among other white r&b/rap artists.

either way there shouldnt be a name of a tv station or anything that seperates one race from another that just takes away the equality we been fighting for..it shouldnt have any name of a race in there ta make money off of..period
Old 03-10-06, 08:54 PM   #26
schema
howdy

Text Record: 27-10
IP: E4B2 EA59

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law
considering the hundreds of years, white people enslaved us, raped us, and beat us, then unless u wanna give blacks reperations, then u should stop fucking complaining and be content with how shit is now

white people enslaved, raped, and beat you?

damn...did you call the police...

everyone that was remotely involved in that shit is dead...its not a valid argument anymore...if we wanna go back in time and give all the freed slaves reperations im all for it...but how is you getting a pair of new sneakers gonna help your great great grandma...reperations is by FAR the stupidest idea ever...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 08:59 PM   #27
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak
^^ by the way i BET one million bucks B.E.T is owned by a white person

It is. Owned by the same company that owns:
* MTV
* MTV2
* Nickelodeon
* BET
* Nick at Nite
* TV Land
* NOGGIN
* VH1
* Spike TV
* CMT
* Comedy Central
* Showtime
* The Movie Channel
* Flix
* Sundance Channel
* CBS and UPN

and an assload of radiostations as well. But BET used to be black owned and operated. Just like DefJam. And FuBu.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-06, 09:00 PM   #28
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema

everyone that was remotely involved in that shit is dead...its not a valid argument anymore...if we wanna go back in time and give all the freed slaves reperations im all for it...but how is you getting a pair of new sneakers gonna help your great great grandma...reperations is by FAR the stupidest idea ever...

I agree. For a lot more reasons than that.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 03-10-06, 09:42 PM   #29
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: 1D55 F055

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema

gettin a pair of new sneakers? who the fuck said sumthing about me getting new sneakers, and fuck that, it is a valid argument anymore, reasons, a million, and im not gonna state any, because i dont fuking feel like it, usually id try and reason, but i recently seen the movie roserood, so fuck reasoning, and fuck and white person thats even a little bit racist towards black
Old 03-10-06, 09:49 PM   #30
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: C98F 1FA2

Oh... well since the germans killed a shitload of jews, I guess it would be cool for the jews to go over to germany and kill a shitload of germans. Even though those germans probably agree that killing jews back then was morally wrong.

Fuckin mad idea.