RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-06, 11:49 PM   #16
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 53B1 A5EC

wtf are those kids doing in ennui's sig?......
Old 09-15-06, 12:37 AM   #17
Magic5

IP: 5002 49D5

Lmao, why the fuck are people on this site always bitching? I work a minimum wage job (literally MINIMUM WAGE). I don't like going to work, I don't like being at work, and I don't like my job at all but I still have it. Why? 1. Because I would like to have the reference in the future and 2. I want the money.

Finding a job is easy as hell when you get your mind open. Acting like you're too good for a job when you're 17 and have no experience at all with anything serious (in regards to business and jobs) won't get you anywhere, man.
Old 09-15-06, 08:25 AM   #18
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Lmao, why the fuck are people on this site always bitching? I work a minimum wage job (literally MINIMUM WAGE). I don't like going to work, I don't like being at work, and I don't like my job at all but I still have it. Why? 1. Because I would like to have the reference in the future and 2. I want the money.

Finding a job is easy as hell when you get your mind open. Acting like you're too good for a job when you're 17 and have no experience at all with anything serious (in regards to business and jobs) won't get you anywhere, man.

Co-signed. I get paid minimum wage too. Lol.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 09-15-06, 08:42 AM   #19
Critic
Black Poet

Text Record: 6-1
IP: 860D ECBB

Quote:

Co-signed,.. I was earning shit money when I first started out I think
I was on like £100 a week £400 a month that's £4,800 a year DAM I
was 16 working and studying.

Now 3 jobs later I'm on 20k a year, you can't be picky about a job at your
age, work your ass off get a good reference and move on. If you don't
get an education that's the only way to proceed.

stay up

1~
Old 09-15-06, 09:29 AM   #20
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

its a natural progression thing

like since my 1st 2 jobs i've got higher and higher pay

this is my 3rd job im on btw...makin good money for my age but when lookin for a job you jus gotta say fuck it and apply to literally everything (within reason obviously, cos aint no 17 gettin hired as a project manager or some shit lol)
Old 09-15-06, 11:09 AM   #21
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: 53B1 A5EC

Quote:

no one is bitching about the job they have....we are bitching about how hard it is to get a job...of any fuckin kind
Old 09-15-06, 01:15 PM   #22
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 47F3 E0A2

actually...Mim has a point...and so does Shere...however, there is always SOMETHING to do. The question is, are you willing to do it. At 17, you may have to lower your standards some until you get to a point where you can pick and choose jobs based on skill level and experience.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-06, 01:38 PM   #23
TROUBLESOME™
scotia's finest

Audio Record: 3-2
IP: EA03 FBCE

yall dont have jobz...for tja same reason tha states has so many fat asses.....
lazyness
Old 09-15-06, 08:32 PM   #24
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shear Kaughn
no one is bitching about the job they have....we are bitching about how hard it is to get a job...of any fuckin kind

GETTING A JOB ISN'T HARD.

It is when you look down on certain jobs because in your twisted world you think you deserve more money then what you're worth at this point in time. I knew going in to get applications that I had no work experience because I used to wrestle and do all this other shit, and so I didn't go in demanding to be paid a good amount. I put down for what job I wanted "Any position availible" and for pay "Any." The next week I had a job.

Getting a job isn't hard if you don't trick yourself into thinking that as a 17 year old kid with no serious work experience that you deserve a high amount of pay. My job is shitty, almost all entry level jobs are. But, what the fuck do you expect? A corner office with a window or two? Please. You're going to be doing the dirty work, and those jobs don't get paid well. Instead of bitching about how hard it is to get a job why don't you go work a shitty job or two, get a good reference, and then try to move up in another company if you choose to leave.
Old 09-15-06, 08:36 PM   #25
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 71FA 59EA

Quote:

I got paid 3.00/hr plus tips for my first job. So I went over minimum by like, .10. Now though, I make 6.25/hr plus tips, which usually comes out near 8.25 or 9.25/hr. Hopefully I'll be making server after a year, when I get 5.25/ hr plus main tips. They usually come out to at least 15.00/hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 09-15-06, 09:37 PM   #26
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane
I got paid 3.00/hr plus tips for my first job. So I went over minimum by like, .10. Now though, I make 6.25/hr plus tips, which usually comes out near 8.25 or 9.25/hr. Hopefully I'll be making server after a year, when I get 5.25/ hr plus main tips. They usually come out to at least 15.00/hr.

Word. I get paid $5.15 an hour (no tips because my job is never rewarded with tips from customers).
Old 09-15-06, 10:09 PM   #27
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 2029 0979

I aint bitching...It's stressful shit though. Real talk. I really have a good job, and tha reason why I want to quit is because I'm getting bored of it. When I first started...Bullshit you not, I was making around 500 a week. That's cause I was hyped up about it and I was getting sales...Well, I made that kind of money after tha first 2 months. I just got a raise like last week too. Shits boring though. Lately my best check a week been 300..
Old 09-15-06, 10:14 PM   #28
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 40C2 F668

boring?

welcome to the REAL WORLD.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-06, 10:21 PM   #29
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: DA5F 3303

Fucka job..

Pick ya poison and sell it.........
Old 09-16-06, 04:44 AM   #30
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: C9A2 1C80

It ain't hard, but it depends on what you wanna do and what you don't wanna do. Like right now, I have two jobs. One as a cashier which is just easy money because I have fixed hours, get paid on time and sit on my ass all afternoon but it only pays 6 an hour. My other job is doing the helpdesk, abuse control and PR/marketing for a community site similar to myspace which pays about 10 bucks an hour (for being online a few hours a day lol)

And I tutor some of my fellow students in college for some small cash.

I just got a high school diploma but what gets me jobs like the community site one is my languages. It's all about the skills lmao

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ   Reply With Quote