RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-06, 12:21 PM   #16
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F2C8 4E42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
dude, if you clone an unhealthy heart...you're gonna be in possession of another unhealthy heart...that's genetics for ya

not if they clone someone else's HEALTHY heart
and hope that the body doesnt reject it
Old 09-25-06, 12:23 PM   #17
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: C3D2 E26F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindstate

it would have to match the ill persons blood type...still same medicines behind it but if you COULD clone organs...you'd have to still take stem cells from a dead foetus which in the eyes of religous parties and even the government is still morally wrong...so cloned organs ain't gonna happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 12:31 PM   #18
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: F2C8 4E42

Quote:
it would have to match the ill persons blood type...still same medicines behind it but if you COULD clone organs...you'd have to still take stem cells from a dead foetus which in the eyes of religous parties and even the government is still morally wrong...so cloned organs ain't gonna happen...

yea but they always matchin up ur blood type
it be almost no diffrent from donating blood
they still have ta watch out for the blood type

and yes i know there'll be lots of controversy even around that
but politicians and religous parties are just scared
they havent thought it out for the better instead of the worst
mainly outta fear..if we can only talk some sense inta them
Old 09-25-06, 12:43 PM   #19
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: C3D2 E26F

Quote:
yea but they always matchin up ur blood type
it be almost no diffrent from donating blood
they still have ta watch out for the blood type

and yes i know there'll be lots of controversy even around that
but politicians and religous parties are just scared
they havent thought it out for the better instead of the worst
mainly outta fear..if we can only talk some sense inta them

yeah it's true the government is scared because of the uproar it will cause within the religous communities all over the world...

and it's completely different from willingly donating blood to unwillingly cutting up a dead foetus and removing it's stem cells...

i can see the point in taking the cells from a dead undeveloped baby...coz that's what it is...people says it's morally wrong...but i agree with stuff like stem cell research coz i believe if my death could save someone else...then why can't that apply to a foetus who never had the chance to live help someone else who's life is in danger from illness...

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-06, 05:14 PM   #20
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 2020 96DE

Quote:
yeah it's true the government is scared because of the uproar it will cause within the religous communities all over the world...

and it's completely different from willingly donating blood to unwillingly cutting up a dead foetus and removing it's stem cells...

i can see the point in taking the cells from a dead undeveloped baby...coz that's what it is...people says it's morally wrong...but i agree with stuff like stem cell research coz i believe if my death could save someone else...then why can't that apply to a foetus who never had the chance to live help someone else who's life is in danger from illness...

i feel ya...but they could do stem cell research on women who were gonna get an abortion anyways right??
Old 09-26-06, 03:58 AM   #21
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: 72D1 48D2

Quote:
i feel ya...but they could do stem cell research on women who were gonna get an abortion anyways right??

yeah thats mainly how they'd be able to retrieve stem cells in the first place but the point is in a heathly new born most of the stem cells have become cells and developed into body organs, tissues, muscles eye balls, brain cells you name it they've become it, and there's simply no way of being able to pick up on the remaining stem cells because there's hardly any left so to speak...whereas a foetus undeveloped still has many stem cells as they haven't been allocated to anything...but even still it's looked at morally wrong to get stem cells from a dead foetus that realistically is jus gonna get thrown away anyways...

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:

R.I.P OMB

Old 09-26-06, 06:59 AM   #22
strobe

IP: 33DE 730C

Quote:
i dont think it should....for a bunch of reasons

1. we already having arguements bout how the judicial system
is being too soft on its criminals and shit like that
so if someone just can be cloned without any diffrence
then what makes u think anybody would be hesitant ta kill someone??

2. then there's the arguement bout religion and the human soul
what gon happen to the human spirit if we're cloned??
will it exist in clones??? will it be evidence that we dont have souls?
and will we be goin against god's plans by cheating death

3. it's just too freaky ta think about

umm ur opinions?

It depends on how advance the cloning is. Unless you are talking about cloning exact duplicates of someone with the same thoughts and experiences (like in The 6th Day and Multiplicity) at that moment the clone is made, the issue of what to do for murder wouldn't change. Current cloning is just a new organism with the same genetics as the original. Once that new organism is born, it will have it's own thoughts and experiences which will shape its existence. Maybe it'll look just like the original as it grows but that's where the similarities end. Think of it as like the characters in the movie The Island but without the residual memories.

Quote:

I'm going to have to guess that if they cloned someone else's body part, your body will most likely reject it. It would be no different from doing a regular organ transplant that is being done today.

My opinion on the embryonic stem cells is that it should be the parent's decision on what should happen with them. If they do not need them anymore and are going to throw them away anyways, the parent should have the option to donate them to research. How is some religious group going to say they can't be used for research? They will be destroyed and dump in the trash anyways. Are they going to say this is murder and expect the clinics to keep them around forever? Just picture some religious fanatic clutching the vials of embryos to their chest and going "my precioussss..."
Old 09-26-06, 07:02 AM   #23
Mad Dog
...Belong...

IP: 72D1 48D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
It depends on how advance the cloning is. Unless you are talking about cloning exact duplicates of someone with the same thoughts and experiences (like in The 6th Day and Multiplicity) at that moment the clone is made, the issue of what to do for murder wouldn't change. Current cloning is just a new organism with the same genetics as the original. Once that new organism is born, it will have it's own thoughts and experiences which will shape its existence. Maybe it'll look just like the original as it grows but that's where the similarities end. Think of it as like the characters in the movie The Island but without the residual memories.

I'm going to have to guess that if they cloned someone else's body part, your body will most likely reject it. It would be no different from doing a regular organ transplant that is being done today.

My opinion on the embryonic stem cells is that it should be the parent's decision on what should happen with them. If they do not need them anymore and are going to throw them away anyways, the parent should have the option to donate them to research. How is some religious group going to say they can't be used for research? They will be destroyed and dump in the trash anyways. Are they going to say this is murder and expect the clinics to keep them around forever? Just picture some religious fanatic clutching the vials of embryos to their chest and going "my precioussss..."

ye it jus amazes me that they seem more concerned about cloning, something that can preserve human life rather than abortion...if they wanna stop stem cell research they'd need to focus on the abortion side of things coz that's where most of the stem cells will come from at the end of the day...

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:

R.I.P OMB

Old 09-26-06, 12:11 PM   #24
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 2020 96DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe

u had some REALLY good points i didnt think bout it like that
i was just assuming they'd have the same thoughts and shit
but i guess all the similarities would end wit the looks
who knows maybe even the last memory u had till u had the clone

but true it be no diffrent from a regular transplant
but atleast the donator can keep their own body parts
instead of always sacraficing them ta help others