RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-06, 11:24 PM   #16
Compose

IP: B574 0B44

^hes a sellout for making wack songs just for money, which isnt hip hop imo, puffy did shyne wrong, and i dont have any beef with oprah =/

and that cover looks gay as hell its the same shit as loyal to the game just him standing up in a different suit, guests are really gay too, i hope this isnt it, but the original producers that used to do pacs shit are supposed to be producing his newer shit so idk
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 10-26-06, 12:30 AM   #17
Flip
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 90FB F52B

yea i dont believe that 50 is a snitch...that ghetto quaran was just a story of his life...

"Game was a G-Unit Groupie, if they made a flick of bitch ass niggas he'll be in the movie"-Banks Diss To Gayme on BET
Send a message via AIM to Flip   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-06, 01:25 AM   #18
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2020 96DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
^hes a sellout for making wack songs just for money, which isnt hip hop imo, puffy did shyne wrong, and i dont have any beef with oprah =/

and that cover looks gay as hell its the same shit as loyal to the game just him standing up in a different suit, guests are really gay too, i hope this isnt it, but the original producers that used to do pacs shit are supposed to be producing his newer shit so idk

i aint mad at loyal 2 the game's cover
but i hate this cover though its too basic
someone like me can design that cover
they just put a pic of pac in a white backround..wow
Old 10-27-06, 12:58 AM   #19
Van Ished
Throwback Member

IP: A9EC 6666

Quote:

That's just your opinion though, to some other person, Curtis Jackson could be the greatest rapper alive. Your views on other peoples music isn't hip hop imo cause that's one of the reasons that hip hop artists don't recieve any credit in news and other media, because we dont stick together, we always think about ourselves and not "us" as a community of artists.
Old 10-27-06, 02:29 PM   #20
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce
That's just your opinion though, to some other person, Curtis Jackson could be the greatest rapper alive. Your views on other peoples music isn't hip hop imo cause that's one of the reasons that hip hop artists don't recieve any credit in news and other media, because we dont stick together, we always think about ourselves and not "us" as a community of artists.

well 50 said he was always in rap just for the money
so i dont really look at 50 as a sell out or even a rapper
i look to him as a business man which makes it much easier ta respect
he's been just doin whats big in the industry these dayz
which is club songs and shit so he just been doin that
music is his side thing, he's been doin movies
he has a clothes line out, cologne, and whatever u name it
not so much of an emcee but the groupies out there buy the shit up
Old 10-27-06, 06:59 PM   #21
Compose

Quote:

because someone who constantly makes club songs just for money i wont ever consider a "fellow" artist
Old 10-27-06, 09:18 PM   #22
Van Ished
Throwback Member

Quote:
because someone who constantly makes club songs just for money i wont ever consider a "fellow" artist

So you really think he's still making club songs just for money? He doesnt need to keep makin songs for money, thats what i think you're not comprehending. Has anyone ever sat and thought that maybe he enjoys making music? Just because 50 Cent does not rap about what you think people should rap about you deny him as an "artist?" He's genious cause he reflects the mindstate of his fans and he makes songs based off what they want to hear, wow @ him not being an artist...
Old 10-28-06, 03:13 AM   #23
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Quote:
So you really think he's still making club songs just for money? He doesnt need to keep makin songs for money, thats what i think you're not comprehending. Has anyone ever sat and thought that maybe he enjoys making music? Just because 50 Cent does not rap about what you think people should rap about you deny him as an "artist?" He's genious cause he reflects the mindstate of his fans and he makes songs based off what they want to hear, wow @ him not being an artist...

50 cent said himself that he's in it for the money i heard him say it
Old 10-28-06, 03:47 PM   #24
Compose

Quote:

if he enjoyed music so much he'd be making it more often, and he doesnt 'make' music, any dumbass with a brain can FREESTYLE most of the shit he says in his verses, the rest is all done by dr. dre or eminem in the end, mixing, the beat, everything...he just has a voice and style to kill chorus's and thats what hes good at ...chorus's, he doesnt deserve all that money for his lack of talent to do anything but make good chorus's, ANYBODY that doesnt have a completely fucked up face can be marketed to do good on a label like aftermath/shady...if they put enough money in, which is what they did for 50, wouldnt the 'person who loves to make music so much' put out a shitload of music?...and then you might respond saying the label might not be able to let him do that cuz of money issues, well then hes not so musically caring if he listens to everything the label tells him =/

and yea, a real artist is making music off of what other people want to hear, where did you find out what an artist is? -_- he uses music for a business not as an artform

Last edited by Compose : 10-28-06 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-28-06, 11:43 PM   #25
Van Ished
Throwback Member

Like it or not music is a business now, not an artform. And so what if he's makin music to make money, wtf is wrong with someone not wanting to sell crack anymore? And I'm sorry but isn't G-Unit radio on part 22 or something, not to mention 50 is on all of his artists cds? There is a shitload of music by him, if you didn't close off the door just because you are displeased at why he's in the industry, you'd see all the stuff he does. If Eminem is such a great artist why does he have half the catalog that 50 does? Ya'll seriously turn your nose on people on some prejudice petty shit. 50 Cent isn't my favorite artist but I'm not going to sit here and say that ANYBODY can jump in his shoes and do what he does, he runs that G-Unit label and everything, he's not an idiot by any means. And don't sit there and define "real" artist cause that's just your opinion, I could say you're a "real" nigga, that doesn't mean you stand for every other nigga on the planet. Every artist has something that makes them who they are, regardless of whether you or the next person like them for it. Hitler was a skilled painter, are you going to tell me he's a bad artist in his genre just because he hated the Jewish? That's just complete lack of thought to say that.
Old 10-29-06, 12:37 AM   #26
Compose

werd, fair enough
Old 10-29-06, 01:27 AM   #27
Flip
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 90FB F52B

true....you shouldnt even argue...he had a lot of money...he made 40 million in 1 year...so i dont care what yall say...

"Game was a G-Unit Groupie, if they made a flick of bitch ass niggas he'll be in the movie"-Banks Diss To Gayme on BET
Send a message via AIM to Flip   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-06, 10:42 AM   #28
MC RD
New to RV

IP: CA3D B84C

tupac's my favorite rapper, so this sounds cool and about 50 Cent, i aggree, ive never even heard him freestyle, then again i never liked him so

Last edited by MC RD : 10-29-06 at 08:53 PM.
Send a message via AIM to MC RD   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 11:02 PM   #29
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 2507 7083

50 cent is lyrically wack

now please...someone argue with that
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 11:35 PM   #30
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??