RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-07, 11:27 AM   #16
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: 5AF3 FB13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
god is also a judge, well, here's what we do know, you can kill someone and never get caught. now here's what you don't know. is there a god that supposedly sees you and will judge you?

only thing you have to fall on are your "beliefs" of something you've never seen, heard, felt, tasted, or even experienced anywhere but in your imagination.

pretty thin premise to go basing a lifestyle on isn't it?

as a side note, you didn't adress any of those "shortcomings" of this would-be perfect being.

haha your wrong

I have felt the pressence of God

I've learned I cant serve money and God

and Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit to the lord in everything you do and you will be blessed"

That there just shows me if I stay strong and commit what I do through him that I will be blessed..

You also have to think

Yeah apexx you have a porche,money,clothes all that junk..but do you think it goes with you when you die?

Why do those things mean so much to you?

Thats Why i store my treasures in heaven rather than earth because the greatest treasure on earth wouldn't compromise for the smallest thing in heaven

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 01-23-07, 11:54 AM   #17
Compose

IP: 3776 31BC

if you act good and believe in god just so you can get nice things in heaven, doesnt that defeat the purpose of religion and finding yourself and all that

truth is most people who go to church etc. and all that DONT do it just cuz its "the right thing to do" and because they truly wanna enhance their soul and just be in the light of god, they do it cuz they think if they dont theyll go to hell and wont get all the nice perty shiny things in heaven

im gonna have to agree with apexx though that it seems naive and foolish to base an entire life off of something you have no clue exists, and im sure when i die god will understand that, what is god gonna punish me cuz i didnt blindly believe in every single thing the bible said or quran etc.? isnt that just a dictatorship, if anything i should be rewarded for using my mind to question all of these things, not just be a sheep following whatever some 2000 year old book tells me
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 01-23-07, 01:03 PM   #18
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 9F32 63E3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
haha your wrong

I have felt the pressence of God

I've learned I cant serve money and God

and Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit to the lord in everything you do and you will be blessed"

That there just shows me if I stay strong and commit what I do through him that I will be blessed..

You also have to think

Yeah apexx you have a porche,money,clothes all that junk..but do you think it goes with you when you die?

Why do those things mean so much to you?

Thats Why i store my treasures in heaven rather than earth because the greatest treasure on earth wouldn't compromise for the smallest thing in heaven

PT, that stuff you just mentioned means nothing to me dude, that shit's not important to me. whats important to me was my spiritual development, and i've developed it to a level where i'm completed. everything ive wanted to accomplish, i've already done. all this extra stuff is just that, extra stuff.

and you saying you "felt the pressence of" god is akin to someone saying they "felt the effects of" a placebo pill. if the mind thinks its real, it becomes real. a book written by man, not god, tells you 'believe everything i tell you, and you will be blessed'. if you allow your self to be brainwashed by that book full of lies and contradictions, then anything inside is gonna seem real to you.

and you still keep running from the blatant contradictions of something you still can't verify exists. if your god is so powerful, why did he need to rest? all powerful beings don't need rest do they? money's the root of all evil. yet, your church will gladly take all your money. ironic isn't it? the bible tells you that adam was the first man, and woman came from him. yet, when you're emrbionic, you begin deveolping as a female and growing female parts before you ever even become a male. now...wouldn't it be the other way around if adam really came first? cmon man, the bible wanted us to believe that women menstruate because of eves "original sin", yet down the line we've learned that women menstruate because its integral to puberty and they wouldn't be able to ovulate without it. the same applies for gravity. at one time religion wantedyou to believe that god is what kept you down on this planet. yet newton discovered that it's actually a force called gravity. and the list of blatant contradicions goes on and on and on and on.

pull your head out the sand. if you're as brave as you say you are, look the truth in the face. look the truth in the eyes and say that the facts are lying and the bible is telling you the truth. put the non-facts in a higher place than facts, then ask your self how logical that is.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-07, 08:41 PM   #19
Past Tense

IP: A644 4EFD

I know i'm going to be hated and laughed at for what I beleive and what I feel

Jesus was laughed at and hated too

But I've realized this life is just a test for whats going to happen after we die

simple and plain....people will come up with MILLIONS Of ways to try to attempt to say that God is not real or there is no heaven or hell because of PRIDE

I am not brainwashed in anyway

Psalm 53:1-3 says:

The fool hath said in his heart, "There is no God." Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Last edited by Past Tense : 01-23-07 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-23-07, 08:45 PM   #20
Past Tense

Old 01-23-07, 08:45 PM   #21
Past Tense

Old 01-23-07, 09:55 PM   #22
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2020 96DE

it dont matter what god wants or intends cuz truth is he aint down here making the rules...if theres a god then i'll abid to his rules and expectations in heaven (if thats where im goin hehe). but right now its the rules of the law and those in power down here so thats what i live my life by. if god exists and wants us to get married around the same time we gain our sexual maturity then he better come and say it or is he shy?
Old 01-23-07, 10:36 PM   #23
Past Tense

See thats the whole thing

He gave everyone a free will to do whatever they want

this life is just a test

Im just telling you guys

Gods changed my life in more ways then I can account..and It says in the bible not to go back hanging out with the same people and that was problay a major influence on me going back to my old ways..it says your inspired by the people you hang around..but now i've gave up hanging around those people and listening to the same music and for once..i feel GOOD

Old 01-23-07, 11:15 PM   #24
Compose

notice how they just stray away from the blatant faults the bible have and can never combat the argument, i do believe there is a god, but at some point or another you cannot possibly say the bible is 100% right, science and logic has already proven otherwise

and heaven has got to be the worst place ever if everything is perfect, by that there would be no human traits meaning everyone would just be standing still doing nothing...what an amazing place -_-
Old 01-23-07, 11:22 PM   #25
Past Tense

It also says in the bible those who think that they have gained all the wisdom of the earth are really fools

like I said people will deny the fact that Jesus died on the cross simply because of pride and disbelief

and Heaven will be all happiness the feeling of love and joy.......

Old 01-24-07, 12:16 AM   #26
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 2020 96DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
notice how they just stray away from the blatant faults the bible have and can never combat the argument, i do believe there is a god, but at some point or another you cannot possibly say the bible is 100% right, science and logic has already proven otherwise

and heaven has got to be the worst place ever if everything is perfect, by that there would be no human traits meaning everyone would just be standing still doing nothing...what an amazing place -_-

they could mean perfect in your perspective of perfect..who knows maybe theres a diffrent heaven waiting for each one of us..its probably like diffrent for each person..if theres a heaven...like if i go to heaven i probably can smoke all i want and never have to worry bout having bad lungs and its perfect cuz i love smoking...or if i would hate smoking then there would be no such thing as a ciggerrette in heaven so it be perfect to me..like heaven is what u see it as...and god wont give a shit as long as u dont have any intentions to do anything god would consider evil...unperfect and evil is 2 diffrent things
Old 01-24-07, 01:02 AM   #27
Compose

^werd, thats what i was thinking too, it would have to be like that cuz otherwise it would be kind of dull and boring

and past, im not saying i know everything or like science can solve anything, what does jesus dying on the cross have to do with the fact that the bible has a lot of holes in it? lol im not trying to disprove god or jesus i believe in god, and how could you possibly know what heaven will be like unless someone died and came back and said it? how can you life a live based on a book that you have no proof some of it ever happened
Old 01-24-07, 01:31 AM   #28
Magic5

IP: 2359 F6E7

That was the gayest comic I've ever seen. I was waiting for Wolverine to come whip some ass, but instead I was stuck seeing some faggot talk about God.
Old 01-24-07, 01:40 AM   #29
Past Tense

The bible is full of mistakes

Your right

one of the mistakes was People not accepting GOd

there so many people that will try to "disprove" the bible because they want to believe they are there own "God" and there pride

Thats all

Old 01-24-07, 01:54 AM   #30
Compose

i hope you're not gonna try and go on a rant saying jesus is the only god -_-, im not affiliated with any particular religion i wasnt baptised i just believe in a god thats up there whether it be allah or jesus whatever, EVERY religion has holes in it not just christianity and the bible

roflmao @ mimesis, wolverine