RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-07, 01:54 PM   #16
Jay Rose
I don't lose

Audio Record: 7-1
IP: F74A 5C03

strobe how do i do that....i want to hook my 17 inch up as a dual moniter....so when i want to watch tv i can switch the imput on my tv and still do shit on the comp with the other moniter.......

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 02-22-07, 02:16 PM   #17
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

ive actually got a dual screen set up too but i got a 17in as my primary and a 19in as my secondary...its dope as fuck for studio work
Old 02-22-07, 02:20 PM   #18
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

Quote:
Originally Posted by 286
strobe how do i do that....i want to hook my 17 inch up as a dual moniter....so when i want to watch tv i can switch the imput on my tv and still do shit on the comp with the other moniter.......

im assuming you have allnecessary connections on the back of your graphics card

you hook up both of the monitors to the computer and then when you turn on the comp it should recognise it...now what you gotta do is right click on the desktop, go to properties and then go to settings...you'll see 2 squares with 1 and 2 on them...your secondary should be number 2.now click on square 2 and check the box that says extend my windows desktop onto this monitor....and viola you're good to go
Old 02-23-07, 07:54 AM   #19
strobe

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 33DE 730C

Simon Phoenix pretty much summed it up.. you just got to make sure your video card supports dual displays. Most newer cards that support LCDs should. They'll have 2 video ports in the back, either DVI + DVI, or DIV + VGA, or for older cards, VGA + VGA. Do the right click, desktop, properties, settings thing mentioned above and see if you have two monitors showing. If it does, you are pretty much set. If your card doesn't support dual displays, you can pick up a second card and hope that Microsoft Windows can use it for the secondary. But going with a dual port video card is simpler and probably cheaper. I don't game so I bought a cheap $50 nvidia 6200 card that works fine.