RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-07, 08:29 PM   #1
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Anyway, look at this shit, dude. One person names Xerxes' army as 2,641,610 men. Another says 5,283,220 men (along with support troops). Another says 800,000. Some say 300,000, some say 175,000...

Quote:
but more popular views support ranges between 100,000-150,000 or 150,000-200,000

Big ass army, either way. Greece was in total ruin from warring between itself. I think the Athenian navy had been completely fucked over by attempting to attack Athens or some other place, and ended up getting fucked over by Aristotle's hypothetical cannon or something.

Anyway, if you're interested --- and it is a really interesting war --- check it out more.

The battle at the end is the Battle of Plataea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Plataea). 10,000 Spartans, 30,000 other Greeks.

From wikipedia:

Quote:

The numerically superior Persian infantry were of the heavy (by Persian standards) sparabara formation that was still much lighter than the Greek phalanx. The Persian defensive weapon was a large wicker shield, compared to the heavy bronze shield of the phalanx. The Persians formed a shield wall and started firing volleys of arrows against the Spartans and the Tegeans. After suffering these volleys for some time, the Tegeans attacked, forcing the Spartans to follow suit. The Greek long spears gave them a tactical advantage over the Persian short spears and swords, and the battle soon turned into a slaughter. The Persians were annihilated; Mardonius himself was killed by a Spartan named Aeimnestus. In the meantime, while the Spartans were still suffering from the arrows, the Athenians moved to help them, but found themselves facing the Persians' Greek allies. While most Greeks showed feinted cowardice, the Thebans attacked and fought bravely, being repelled with 300 casualties. Herodotus claims that the rest of the Greek and Persian forces did not fight, something very dubious. Unfortunately, no other ancient source with a full description of the battle has survived to say otherwise.

The Persian Artabazus, who had unsuccessfully tried to convince Mardonius to avoid a pitched battle, then took command and immediately retreated, allowing the Greeks to capture their camp. According to Herodotus, only 43,000 of the 300,000 Persians survived the battle, while the Greeks as a whole lost only 159 men. However Diodorus states that Persian casualties likely did not exceed 100,000. Furthermore, he claims that only Spartans, Tegeans and Athenians died, since they were the only ones who fought. Plutarch, who had access to other sources, gives 1,360 Greek casualties, which seems more accurate, while Ephorus is probably exaggerating when he gives over 10,000. Not to be discarded fully though, this figure of over 10,000 Greek casualties is also confirmed by Diodorus. However, historical records of the period are notoriously biased or inaccurate and the real number of casualties will never truly be known. Use of any of the ancient casualty figures places Plataea in the list of the most lethal battles in world history, and it may have been more lethal than any preceding battle.

Aka, Persians got FUCKED IN THE ASSHOLE.

Where the fuck is the Athenian navy battle from...am I mixing up Darius and Xerxes again? The other battle was The Battle of Mycale that same day, which also owned the Persians.

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 04-05-07 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 08:41 PM   #2
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

I just fucking said the Battle of Marathon was with Darius, who was Xerxes' father who did the exact same thing as Xerxes, leading Xerxes to follow in his father's footsteps to try conquer Greece as well. I admitted the battle they fought at the end was Plataea, not Marathon. It was in essence almost the same thing --- a mixture of Greeks repelling the Persians, though Marathon was not a decisive battle. Excuse me for mixing up two battles out of thousands in history, especially when they were so similiar.

Darius = Persian King with a large empire trying to invade Greece, was repelled by a ragtag group of Greeks.
Xerxes = Persian King with a large empire trying to invade Greece, was repelled by a ragtag group of Greeks.

You're trying to ask if I saw the movie, when you're the fucking person saying they fought Vikings, which lived far away in Scandinavia many centuries later? The shit I said didn't have to happen in the movie, because the movie was about THE SPARTANS AND THE INSPIRATION THEY HAD ON THE GREEKS. I was explaining how it wasn't a million man march only with Sparta in the way, and then the children and politicans and women didn't hold off the army for a year.

What you said:

Quote:
man im talking about at the end after Leo gets the merksauce. werent the persians supposed to invade Sparta?

i KNOW they aren't tryin to say a village of women children and fuckin politiians overthrew Xerces million man march

they skip right from the scene were popeye is tellin the story to evrybody in sparta straight to a battle with the vikings 10,000 strong a year later.

Sorry for trying to fucking clarify on the war with Xerxes. Carry on with your stupid ass questions about why the Spartans were battling Vikings.

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 04-05-07 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 08:56 PM   #3
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hades
I just fucking said the Battle of Marathon was with Darius, who was Xerxes' father who did the exact same thing as Xerxes, leading Xerxes to follow in his father's footsteps to try conquer Greece as well. I admitted the battle they fought at the end was Plataea, not Marathon.

yeah? Crazy Hades: The battle at the end I believe was the Battle of Marathon

LMAO so there goes your dumbass excuse. once again... stfu.
Quote:
You're trying to ask if I saw the movie, when you're the fucking person saying they fought Vikings, which lived far away in Scandinavia many centuries later? The shit I said didn't have to happen in the movie, because the movie was about THE SPARTANS AND THEIR INSPIRATION. I was explaining how it wasn't a million man march only with Sparta in the way, and then the children and politicans and women didn't hold off the army for a year.

dude im talkin about the fight they had AT THE END OF THE MOVIE. i'd have to be a tard of your level to think they were fighting anybody but the Persians during the movie.

and add to that i corrected Vikings to Barbrians. And it still doesn't explain the transition of what the hell happened and how they ended up fighting a completely seperate army at the end when we didn't see what happened with that army they were invloved with THAT THEY WERE LOSING TO!!.....sooooo wtf happened, Xerces said " ahh fukkit, im goin home"??

holy shit man. dude just do your self a favor and shut the fuck up rofl. go read more wikipedia and shoot from the ass

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 09:04 PM   #4
Magic5

IP:

During the movie they were fighting the Persians, just thought I'd clear that up.

Lmao, but nah, I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about.
Old 04-05-07, 09:06 PM   #5
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Quote:
yeah? Crazy Hades: The battle at the end I believe was the Battle of Marathon

LMAO so there goes your dumbass excuse. once again... stfu.

Yeah, I corrected myself because I had one error between similiar battles. LMAO so there goes your dumbass strawman argument. once again...stfu.

Quote:
dude im talkin about the fight they had AT THE END OF THE MOVIE. i'd have to be a tard of your level to think they were fighting anybody but the Persians during the movie.

Yes, and so am I. And guess what? They were fighting other conquered people than the Persians, mixed into the Persian army. But they sure as fuck didn't fight Vikings.

Quote:
and add to that i corrected Vikings to Barbrians.

Alright. You'd look less like a hypocrite if you didn't criticize me for mixing up two battles after you mixed up two people.

Quote:
And it still doesn't explain the transition of what the hell happened and how they ended up fighting a completely seperate army at the end when we didn't see what happened with that army they were fighting before.....sooooo wtf happened, Xerces said " ahh fukkit, im goin home"??

The Battle of Placaea happened much later in the war. We didn't see much of Xerxes' one million men in the battle. We see shadowy rows of archers lining the shore, people marching, a group of people on boats being smashed in a storm, etc. The people at the end could've been another piece of the army sent elsewhere to deal with other enemies, won, and returned. There are plenty of reasons for them fighting different looking people if you actually used your fucking head.
Old 04-05-07, 09:18 PM   #6
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Yeah, I corrected myself because I had one error between similiar battles. LMAO so there goes your dumbass strawman argument. once again...stfu.

no dude. you said the battle they had at the end of the movie came before the one they were having the whole movie, which is just flat out fucking stupid. at the end they're talkin about a new battle with the barbarians and you're saying they're having a prior battle with the persians lmao what a testicle.
Quote:
Yes, and so am I. And guess what? They were fighting other conquered people than the Persians, mixed into the Persian army. But they sure as fuck didn't fight Vikings.

Alright.

The Battle of Placaea happened much later in the war. We didn't see much of Xerxes' one million men in the battle. We see shadowy rows of archers lining the shore, people marching, a group of people on boats being smashed in a storm, etc. The people at the end could've been another piece of the army sent elsewhere to deal with other enemies, won, and returned. There are plenty of reasons for them fighting different looking people if you actually used your fucking head.

blah blah blah man, what you're saying is a complete waste of time, cuz you're still rambling on about shit that's got jack shit to do with the movie.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 09:07 PM   #7
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

lmao, mimesis you bastard.

yo man, according to the movie what did Xerces do after he killed the spartan army? dissapeared? cuz a year later those wild and crazy guys are onto some other shit.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 04-05-07, 09:12 PM   #8
Magic5

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
lmao, mimesis you bastard.

yo man, according to the movie what did Xerces do after he killed the spartan army? dissapeared? cuz a year later those wild and crazy guys are onto some other shit.

I don't know, I only went to watch dudes catch some swords with their faces. Have you tried wikipedia?! Rofzlflzfzl, jokes yo!
Old 04-05-07, 09:12 PM   #9
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

That wasn't the Spartan army...that was three hundred people lead by Leonidas. Hence the entire plot of the Council and the Queen attempting to get them to mobilize the Spartans.
Old 04-05-07, 09:17 PM   #10
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Oh shit, son! Excuse me for using a website sourced by accounts of Herodotus and people that know a shit load more about history than RV cats. But it is wikipedia, and everyone knows all of the people who edit on wikipedia are ten year olds, not people that actually know anything.
Old 04-05-07, 09:19 PM   #11
Magic5

IP:

Quote:
Oh shit, son! Excuse me for using a website sourced by accounts of Herodotus and people that know a shit load more about history than RV cats. But it is wikipedia, and everyone knows all of the people who edit on wikipedia are ten year olds, not people that actually know anything.

Wikipedia is a bullshit source, son. I could make an account and go change everything. There are so many factual errors on wikipedia. You don't know how old the people are who edit the entries, but age is irrelevant regardless.
Old 04-05-07, 09:21 PM   #12
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Quote:
no dude. you said the battle they had at the end of the movie came before the one they were having the whole movie, which is just flat out fucking stupid. at the end they're talkin about a new battle with the barbarians and you're saying they're having a prior battle with the persians lmao what a testicle.

And I corrected myself. How hard is it for you to fucking understand I mixed up one battle with another, after you just mixed up Vikings with the barbarians at the end of the movie? And if you paid any attention instead of scanning over arguments and focusing on one error I corrected before you pointed it out, the shit I said in that post was completely about the movie.

Quote:
Wikipedia is a bullshit source, son. I could make an account and go change everything.

I know more about this shit from sources other than wikipedia. It's the only thing I have on hand right now to show. Anyone can make any website, and the other place I have to back my facts up is the internet unless you want me to send you some ebook versions of translated historical accounts --- but wait, those are translations and may be wrong, and since they're ebooks the person might've made a typo, so we can't rely on it.

Any source I show you on the internet has the possibility of being incorrect or used to give out false information. Wikipedia is a site maintained by many people, and as hard as it is to believe, not everyone on there is a vandal.

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 04-05-07 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 09:22 PM   #13
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

right.

so what happened in the movie after Xerces merked the spartans.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 04-05-07, 09:27 PM   #14
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

A year of warfare.

The army met at Plataea could've been sent elsewhere during the Battle of Thermopylae and returned during the year of battle. It's not like the entire Persian army was present every single charge. It is mentioned Xerxes is a self-stylized God and he has conquered many, many lands, getting exotic animals like massive rhinos and elephants. It's not hard to imagine the army you're seeing then is part of it. There may be other Persians on the way to the battle and all you see then is the initial confrontation of that specific army and the Greek army.

All you can do is speculate, since it is a fictional account of Plataea with less than a minute of anything shown in it. I was posting the info earlier in case anyone was interested in what happened between the gaps in the movie in other places, or what happened after the movie. It wasn't specifically designed toward you, even if I did quote you.

Last edited by Crazy Hades : 04-05-07 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-06-07, 09:18 AM   #15
Zone Out
Power Hungry

IP:

whoa wtf?
yall niggas is foolin
Imma sum it up for you

300 is about Leonardius and 300 of his best men holdin the Persian army off.
During the entire movie all them groups of people he was fightin was different factions of the persian army.

At the end of the movie, Leonardius wife convinced the rest of Greece to go to war.
Thats when the full fledged Greece army met the full fledged Persian army at the end of the movie.
The 1 soldier that Leonardius told to go home was the one tellin the story, so how did he know Leonardius died the way he did? lmao
but anyway.. there were no vikings.. Vikings are from Scandinavia.. and there were no barbarians.. barbarians are mostly nomadic villages of savages pillaging and wreckin anything in their way

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote