RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-08, 06:13 PM   #16
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

Oh and enygma can say it because hes one of those cool white ppl that say it and yet it doesnt bother people for some reason.
Old 04-14-08, 07:11 PM   #17
SUPERVILLAIN
~SAINT SINNER~

IP: 5181 225A

whats funny is that in urban areas, EVERYBODY (well damn near everybody of all ethnicities...whites included) say that shit out here in cali on a normal basis. i dont really get it. i dont use the word unless im joking around and being a total dick to my black friends. and when i do that, i make sure to over emphasize the r in it. lmao. beyond that, i really dont use it at all. seriously, its just not my steez.

s.v.

QUESTION: Is it even possible to improve upon perfection???
ANSWER: CRHYME SINDICATE

"I remember this one time I thought I was wrong........but I was mistaken." -Unknown

R.I.P. Jonathan "ONE MAN BAND/TERUMOTO" Nigro. Goodbye brother. God bless the dead. One love.
Old 04-14-08, 07:38 PM   #18
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: D168 6D7C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
It's cool for spanish people to use the word because they're treated in a similar way in America. Asian people saying it makes alot of people uncomfortable. And as for a black person calling his white friend my nigga, most people who get caught in those situations already get it. The black dude uses it in the same way hed call his black friends that. Nigga just somehow replaced homie. The white person saying it in general would be considered wrong by most people, but I've seen some people be ok with it because they know their intentions behind it.

If compose or Rev or Blay said the word to me I'd be cool with it because I know they don't have any bullshit meanings behind it. Alot of people use it not because they look at black people as niggers but because they know black people don't want them to say it, therefore by saying it to them it means they're brave or some shit. Theres alot of complexities surrounding the word. It not only depends on the person itself, but their intentions behind it. I don't say it, but I don't care if black people or white people who I know say it. And by "say it" I mean just calling someone the word. Not just saying it in general.

exactly.

but i don't say it because i'm not an ignorant dumbass who wants to make a big deal over the fact that them and their precious little suburban friends can't say one word in the fuckin dictionary... boo hoody hoo. get over it. there is a historical reason why it is a sensitive word, and i think us not being able to say one word in the dictionary is a little bit trite compared to the REASON why we can't say it. and please, don't say "well i wasn't the one that enslaved anybody" because the answer to that is NO SHIT, thats why its called history. that is still the reason why tenderness surrounds that word in our society... or at least it should.

and this is not to even mention the absurdity of the fact that soooooo much discussion goes on over whether blacks should be able to say the "n word" when the majority of blacks live below the poverty line and are the victims of the oppression that has made their culture used to operating in the way it does, and NOBODY wants to talk about that. its such bullshit. seriously, think about what's important and what yall's little middle school mentality asses want to bitch and whine about.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 04-14-08, 08:07 PM   #19
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 005A 2003

Quote:
Oh and enygma can say it because hes one of those cool white ppl that say it and yet it doesnt bother people for some reason.

no it's cuz he's that NYGga

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 08:22 PM   #20
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: F540 07B2

Quote:
No one gives a shit about slavery. The only people still talking about slavery are white people who say black people talk about slavery. Everyone were slaves at one time or another. What people are talking about is the present. White and asian people are kind of in the same position. Except asian people worship white ppl and white people accept their worship. Speaking in massivly general terms obviously though. But thats the only way to talk about this kind of shit.

For an anti racist person, you're pretty stereotypical, and I fucking dig it
Old 04-15-08, 12:38 AM   #21
Blay'all

^ that isn't stereotypical. I'm in an African American Rhetoric class, and this type of thing comes up a lot... Du Bois, Hughes, Ellison, all of them spoke in terms like Indeph is. It isn't stereotyping, but instead it is a way of generalizing how other communities operate in order to properly observe how the African American community operates. Culture can't be ignored, and how Indeph is really speaking is in terms of culture. Not trying to correct you just because of our argument in that other thread, but that is a really important concept to understand... and i'll explain more what I mean if you want.

PS - I really wish somebody who i was addressing would respond and try to argue against that long ass argument i made.

Old 04-15-08, 01:43 AM   #23
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.D.A.
^ that isn't stereotypical. I'm in an African American Rhetoric class, and this type of thing comes up a lot... Du Bois, Hughes, Ellison, all of them spoke in terms like Indeph is. It isn't stereotyping, but instead it is a way of generalizing how other communities operate in order to properly observe how the African American community operates. Culture can't be ignored, and how Indeph is really speaking is in terms of culture. Not trying to correct you just because of our argument in that other thread, but that is a really important concept to understand... and i'll explain more what I mean if you want.

PS - I really wish somebody who i was addressing would respond and try to argue against that long ass argument i made.

I was only refering to when he said asian people worship white people
Old 04-15-08, 02:25 AM   #24
Blay'all

^ As was I. White people are the hegemony (the dominant ideology). Therefore, when any other group does not imitate (or worship, or wish to live up to) the ideals of that dominant ideology, they are oppressed. Theoretically, this is true in any democratic capitalistic society. Indeph was saying that in general, Asians in America, in ideological terms, accept the role of living up to that "whiteness." Blacks do not, and are therefore discriminated against (systemically as well as ideologically).

Yall may be studying "debating," but this is what I'm studying

Old 04-15-08, 03:19 AM   #25
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 8FE0 5A0F

i once KOed a black dude for bumping into me and raising his arms and saying "nigga what!!"

i pushed him down some stairs and when he got back up i king hit him full strength and he dropped like a sack of shit and didnt get back up...... dude was pretty big too... im 6'1 and he pretty much towered over me, but he was lanky...

not that im totally offended by that word, i guess in the situation it was more of a context thing... but at the same time, i do think its pretty gay to call a white guy a nigger...

if one of my friends said it to me, id prolly be like .........huh?
Old 04-15-08, 10:14 AM   #26
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baphomet
i do think its pretty gay to call a white guy a nigger...

if one of my friends said it to me, id prolly be like .........huh?

that statement is assuming something though... that black people are "niggers."

Old 04-15-08, 10:42 AM   #27
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.D.A.
^ As was I. White people are the hegemony (the dominant ideology). Therefore, when any other group does not imitate (or worship, or wish to live up to) the ideals of that dominant ideology, they are oppressed. Theoretically, this is true in any democratic capitalistic society. Indeph was saying that in general, Asians in America, in ideological terms, accept the role of living up to that "whiteness." Blacks do not, and are therefore discriminated against (systemically as well as ideologically).

Yall may be studying "debating," but this is what I'm studying

It's still stereotypical to say asians worship the white man. Because first things first, when he says it he's only refering to orientals, which is already stereotypical because there's so many other countries in Asia. And second, because i'm pretty sure orientals in general don't worship white people. Maybe want what the rich ones have, but that's as far as it goes. You guys should actually meet more oriental people and talk to them or something loll.
Old 04-15-08, 10:43 AM   #28
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Oriental culture is one of the proudest cultures out there man
Old 04-15-08, 10:53 AM   #29
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 005A 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
It's still stereotypical to say asians worship the white man. Because first things first, when he says it he's only refering to orientals, which is already stereotypical because there's so many other countries in Asia. And second, because i'm pretty sure orientals in general don't worship white people. Maybe want what the rich ones have, but that's as far as it goes. You guys should actually meet more oriental people and talk to them or something loll.

I'm asian. FUCK THE WHITE MAN!

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-08, 11:39 AM   #30
Blay'all

IP: A472 E1EC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR

arrgh... i realize this, and i realize asian culture is proud, and i'm not trying to take that away from them. what you have to understand is that we aren't speaking on the individual level. we're speaking on the ideological level, and how entire cultures OPERATE in relation to each other and in relation to the dominant hegemony... once again, not on the individual level. most of the time when entire cultures operate in a certain way the people don't even REALIZE its happening, let alone do anything to purposely encourage it. i'm not saying asians aren't proud, and i'm not even really arguing ANYTHING about asians, Indeph made the statement... i'm just trying to help you understand the terms in which he/we are speaking.