RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-08, 02:11 AM   #16
Blay'all
â„¢

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: D168 6D7C

^ i disagree. you've been mislead by the Republican way of thinking that has dominated American politics for the last decade.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 04-29-08, 02:17 AM   #17
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D088 20AB

Republican, Democrat, it's a one party system man. Hope you don't think they really call the shots.
Old 04-29-08, 02:28 AM   #18
Blay'all
â„¢

^ dude, you really do not want to talk down to me with this shit. i am fully aware of the powers of the checks and balances system that we have in place, AS WELL as the powers that a capitalistic society has itself that no president or leader of any kind can change. however, saying that no president is going to fight for the common American's best interest is a way of thinking that has been formed based on the last 8 years. it IS possible when you consider his power in assigning his cabinet/officers, as well as all of the other people that will be around him while in office.

Old 04-29-08, 02:58 AM   #19
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Nada
^ dude, you really do not want to talk down to me with this shit. i am fully aware of the powers of the checks and balances system that we have in place, AS WELL as the powers that a capitalistic society has itself that no president or leader of any kind can change. however, saying that no president is going to fight for the common American's best interest is a way of thinking that has been formed based on the last 8 years. it IS possible when you consider his power in assigning his cabinet/officers, as well as all of the other people that will be around him while in office.

Don't tell me my mind was magically formed from some ape in the past 8 years. It's all been the same, always, we killed the one who tried to change it.
Old 04-29-08, 03:14 AM   #20
Blay'all
â„¢

^ so your argument isn't that our system doesn't allow for that change, but that the only president to make it into office who pushed for that change was assassinated? i assume you're talking about JFK, but why do you say he was so drastically for this "change" that nobody else has been? what do you have to back that up?

how was he any more for this "change" than Bill Clinton?

Old 04-29-08, 03:22 AM   #21
Adam

I'm not saying Bill Clinton didn't change anything, I think he was a great president to be honest with you. I think it's ridiculous that everything he accomplished was overshadowed by the scandal at the end, but that's America for you. JFK stood for a change that informed the people that he was a puppet himself and that he needed the people's help to make a difference. Once people got behind JFK his puppeteer shot him in the fucking head and covered it up with some bullshit excuse that for some reason America just believed. If Clinton was trying to make the same type of change that JFK was, old Billy would be dead as well.
Old 04-29-08, 04:04 AM   #22
сварливый

IP: 735C 87EC

*Jaw drops*

you.. people.....omg

I wonder how many more idiots who judge politics will slap their brand of thinking with a "School Approved" sticker.
██‡███████████████▓▓▓▒███▌████▓▓█████████▓▓███▓▓ ██|
██‡█████████████▓▓▓▒████▌▌▌████▓▓███████▓▓████▓█ ██|
██‡███████████▓▓▓▒█████▌▌▌▌▌▄███▓▓█████▓▓███████ ██|
██‡█████████▓▓▓▒█████████████████▓▓███▓▓████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▒███████████████████▓▓█▓▓█████████ ██|
██‡███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌████████████▓▓▓██████████ ██|
Old 04-29-08, 10:06 AM   #23
Blay'all
â„¢

^ who/what are you referring to?

Old 04-29-08, 10:21 AM   #24
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 9502 C87C

I came in here to gay bash on Q, but now I guess I have to talk politics.

Obama's going to lose the democratic nomination or the actual election because of this whole Jeramiah Wright epidemic that's taking over his whole campaign. People are not voting for him simply because of it and people who voted for him before this all came to light will not vote for him in a general election. I'm not saying that all people will vote against him, that's absurd. What I'm saying is all non-black people will take this all into account when voting.

I hate to turn this into a racial thing, but if Obama loses at the convention, there will be riots in LA, NY, ATL and any other dominantly black cities that are worth raping and pillaging. Which raises the question.......if Obama wins, should white people rebel?
Old 04-29-08, 10:43 AM   #25
Blay'all
â„¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
I came in here to gay bash on Q, but now I guess I have to talk politics.

Obama's going to lose the democratic nomination or the actual election because of this whole Jeramiah Wright epidemic that's taking over his whole campaign. People are not voting for him simply because of it and people who voted for him before this all came to light will not vote for him in a general election. I'm not saying that all people will vote against him, that's absurd. What I'm saying is all non-black people will take this all into account when voting.

I hate to turn this into a racial thing, but if Obama loses at the convention, there will be riots in LA, NY, ATL and any other dominantly black cities that are worth raping and pillaging. Which raises the question.......if Obama wins, should white people rebel?

^ that does not "raise" that question because your conclusion was dumb as hell and completely undermines the ability of the black community to think. Obama said it himself... people were asking him if he's upset about how he doesn't even completely have the black vote over Clinton, and he's a black man. and his response was that people under-estimate the ability of the black community to think and make a choice in a candidate that shares the same beliefs and goals as them, and for some of them that is Clinton.

should white people riot if Obama wins? yes, because the white male has been extremely un-represented in the White House in this country's history

i swear, some people REFUSE to stop trying to turn shit around on black Americans.

Old 04-29-08, 10:46 AM   #26
Blay'all
â„¢

oh, and as far as the whole Jeremiah Wright thing... i think more democrats than you realize are open minded and see how pathetic of a strategy it is to try and use something like that against Obama.

Old 04-29-08, 10:59 AM   #27
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

Really.....pathetic? This guy openly admits he is a close friend and was his reverend his whole life. He refuses to denounce what he said. All he kind of said was he wasn't there that day. He never really comes out and says that Jeremiah Wright was wrong for what he said. He never admits anything and he is still associated with the guy for that sole reason. If he doesn't think the same, why not say "I think Jeremiah Wright was completely wrong in his speech that day."

Case Closed.

Ohh.....Every black person that I asked who they were voting for said, "Duh, Obama." When asked why it was cause it was about time they saw a black dude in the white house. Now, I guess I'll ask the question a different way. Would I be wrong to vote for Clinton or McCain solely because they are white?

And just to clear things up, I'm not voting for Obama because I have no idea on what or how he is going to "change" things once he gets elected. The only thing I know he wants to do is get troops out of Iraq, but he has still yet to say how he plans to do that without causing any hardship on the troops, because a quick exit could leave thousands of troops stranded in Iraq with no back up, and how he plans to keep good relations with the new Iraqi government. Clinton has clearly defined how she would go about it, but when Obama gets asked all he says is the troops are coming home.

I'm really not trying to be a dick here......I just want someone to give me a good reason to vote for Obama with some facts to back it up because I'm starting to look down on the intelligence of people since this guy hasn't made it clear to me what he is going to "change."
Old 04-29-08, 11:11 AM   #28
Blay'all
â„¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
Really.....pathetic? This guy openly admits he is a close friend and was his reverend his whole life. He refuses to denounce what he said. All he kind of said was he wasn't there that day. He never really comes out and says that Jeremiah Wright was wrong for what he said. He never admits anything and he is still associated with the guy for that sole reason. If he doesn't think the same, why not say "I think Jeremiah Wright was completely wrong in his speech that day."

Case Closed.

Ohh.....Every black person that I asked who they were voting for said, "Duh, Obama." When asked why it was cause it was about time they saw a black dude in the white house. Now, I guess I'll ask the question a different way. Would I be wrong to vote for Clinton or McCain solely because they are white?

And just to clear things up, I'm not voting for Obama because I have no idea on what or how he is going to "change" things once he gets elected. The only thing I know he wants to do is get troops out of Iraq, but he has still yet to say how he plans to do that without causing any hardship on the troops, because a quick exit could leave thousands of troops stranded in Iraq with no back up, and how he plans to keep good relations with the new Iraqi government. Clinton has clearly defined how she would go about it, but when Obama gets asked all he says is the troops are coming home.

I'm really not trying to be a dick here......I just want someone to give me a good reason to vote for Obama with some facts to back it up because I'm starting to look down on the intelligence of people since this guy hasn't made it clear to me what he is going to "change."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe7wTVbLUU

^ probably the most famous speech he's given so far... yet you're sitting here saying he has never publicly stated he disagreed with him?

and all of these "black people" you have asked hardly represent the majority of the black population in the United States. how many other states or college campuses have you been to asking these questions?

oh, and it would be irresponsible for Barack to completely write off everything Wright has ever said about civil rights. frankly, Wright was right about ALOT of what he said, God DID damn America for part of the population. but, for Obama's purposes of running for President, he stated that he does not, and has never agreed with ALL of Wright's opinions on religion or politics. however, he stated that he will NEVER claim that Wright was not an influential figure in his upbringing, just as he will NEVER claim that his white grandmother who uses racial slurs was not an influential part of his upbringing. all of these things make up his past even though he is now his own unique self who has formed his own ideas. He is simply being honest with the American public... I guess some people aren't ready for that.

Old 04-29-08, 11:15 AM   #29
Blay'all
â„¢

oh, and i'll address the rest of your issues with Obama's campaign this afternoon, i gotta run to class and take this exam real quick.

Old 04-29-08, 11:36 AM   #30
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

I'm not going to have time to watch the whole 37 minute speech, but from what you said in your previous post just shows me how he danced around the topic. God did not damn America. God did not damn some Americans. Every American has an opportunity to make something of themselves, Obama proves that. His wife proves that. Shit, I'm starting to prove that myself. To say that God has damned America is a hypocrisy. The same man who enjoys the freedom of his country is going to say how horrible it is to live here. We live in a country that sticks up for the little guy. We live in a country that gives money to poor people to go to college. We live in a country that has a welfare system that is so enticing that people refuse to get a job and get off of it. Its easier to sit on your ass and collect welfare in this country than actually go out and get a job and be proud of the money you bring home. I was unfortunate enough to have to apply for help at the welfare office for child care. They had a program to where they would pay for a portion of your child care if you made below a certain dollar amount a year. I qualified for that. I saw people in there with expensive clothes talking on their high tech cell phones, complaining on how welfare was screwing them over because it wasn't enough. What the fuck?

The reason there is such a job shortage in America is because Americans are too proud to work at McDonalds or Burger King, instead they'd rather sit on their fat ass and collect a check from the government. These are the same people who caused us this deficit. Since we are so nice to the poor and we tax everybody higher just so they can catch a break and keep their 50 inch plasma screen tv while I bust my ass serving my country day in and day out to only have the same 31 inch tv I've had since 2000. I think God has blessed America more than we could have ever imagined and now we are trying to take advantage of it.

Just think of this for a second. If there was a time limit that people could be on welfare for, how many people do you think would get off their ass and get a job if they weren't getting free money anymore? What if there was a clause in the welfare system that said, "you can only be on welfare for 1 year, but if you take advantage in the college opportunities your country provides, we will extend your welfare benefits until you either complete college or stop going." Why don't we have politicians that think that way? Probably because our democracy has turned into a popularity contest where people get elected off of "likability" which is the most disturbing thing today.