RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-08, 10:44 AM   #16
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: B319 31D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 286
are you teaching them the fundementals while shooting or just making them shoot...
gotta figure out what each of them is doing wrong and fix that particular problem...
also once they start to get a lil better make them run or shit if they miss so they start to shoot tired to simulate having weak legs at the end of a game....it will help out...i got some specific shit you can do, but it all depends on the facilities you got, n where your girls are at in skill level n shit....

Yeah their skills vary. That's the tough part about it. Some girls got some clean shots while others don't know what they're doing. I hate to waste practices teaching fundamentals cause then I feel like I'm wasting the time for those who can shoot decently already. But yeah I do make them run and then shoot. They hate it.
Old 11-19-08, 10:45 AM   #17
Implicit
-BTR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPuL
LOL yea man, that inside the NBA shit.

I saw that and my boy was like "Damnn" and tried getting in on the FT action. Shit really gets you feeling it.

also make sure they follow thru. Like keep the arm up, not like extended periods like they're being cocky. But the follow thru is as important as the shot its self.

Haha yeah that inside the NBA thing. Dwight Howard has one on rebounding that's crazy helpful. Simple ideas but it works great. And Rip Hamilton's moving without the ball is good too.
Old 11-19-08, 01:08 PM   #18
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 6C2A 81A8

have them line up literally 2 ft. from the rim...on the baselines. They will be shooting 1 handed shots. Make sure their elbow and wrists are lined up directly with the center of the rim. Make them shoot with the 1 hand and make sure the snap of the wrist follows through. They will pretty much be in pain after doing this for a while. Switch it up with that and free throws for a long while....and just make sure their shooting motion is correct. Itll be hard for them to adjust to...but itll pay off in the long run.
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-08, 01:15 PM   #19
Implicit
-BTR-

^ Yeah that's how I was thinking we'd start off. And then just slowly make our way to the free throw line from under the basket. All I really want is for them to get their mid range game. I could care less for 3 pointers. Unless you're Ray Allen, then you shouldn't be shooting 3's. That's the way I see it.
Old 11-19-08, 06:57 PM   #20
SerB
....S.....

IP: BBD5 CAE5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
Yeah I coached a guys High School JV team last year. And to be honest, the girls I got now are more aggressive and intense than the guys. Funny how that works. No no....not funny, just sad.

well thats just lame. I wouldn't coach at all if that was the case.
Old 11-19-08, 06:59 PM   #21
SerB
....S.....

IP: BBD5 CAE5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
^ Yeah that's how I was thinking we'd start off. And then just slowly make our way to the free throw line from under the basket. All I really want is for them to get their mid range game. I could care less for 3 pointers. Unless you're Ray Allen, then you shouldn't be shooting 3's. That's the way I see it.

Every team needs a 3 point shooter. wtf the 3 point for girls is like right above the foul line isnt it, wtf is hard with making that.
Old 11-19-08, 07:26 PM   #22
Implicit
-BTR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerB
Every team needs a 3 point shooter. wtf the 3 point for girls is like right above the foul line isnt it, wtf is hard with making that.

Well this has always been my theory and I'll stick with it.

You have a greater chance of making a 2 foot shot than shooting a 20 foot shot. So which would you rather shoot? The 2 foot or the 20 foot?

And no...every team does not need a 3 point shooter.
Old 11-20-08, 12:50 AM   #23
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C019 9845

rofl

just b like, if you girls dont start goin out there and performing..im gonna start putting camera's in your locker room

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 11-20-08, 12:54 AM   #24
Implicit
-BTR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky
rofl

just b like, if you girls dont start goin out there and performing..im gonna start putting camera's in your locker room

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Old 11-20-08, 01:00 AM   #25
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C019 9845

bet you it would motivate the lil sluts to start makin some jump shots

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily