RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The Cage > Battle Archives > Elevated Front Lines Battles
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: anxiety vs. One M.B.
One M.B. 5 55.56%
anxiety 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-05, 02:15 AM   #16
anxiety

Text Record: 1-1
IP: EC44 925C

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-25-05, 02:33 AM   #17
Germ
in your system

Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 9E2F CDE8

Voted For: anxiety

bahh, such a good battle....

OMB...really good story, great imagery...thought this piece really progressed nicely, but i felt it really lacked emotion, i just didnt' connect as well to your verse as i did with anxiety's, and i think thats what really separated these two....very close though....but i feel your choice of words/vocab...since you made it more of a song, i think it took away alot of descriptive words that you could have used and brought out more emotion and depth to your piece....overall, its a really good piece, i could get into it and everything, its a real good story...but just felt you were lacking in emotion, compared to anxiety....everythin else was cool too, structure, flow...yeah

aight, anxiety....this was a real good piece, to me anyways....i really connected with it because your choice of wording and vocab was excellent, really painted a picture, and the emotion was predominant in this piece....i just felt submerged in your story and couldnt really turn away....really good flow, great structure, and again....i feel thats what separated you two, you were able to emphasize the emotional factor alot more....and thats what got you my vote.

v/anxiety.......(ps good f'in battle)

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ  
Old 04-01-05, 01:31 AM   #18
Germ
in your system

IP: 9E2F CDE8

since im uppin this for ya....haha, could anyone of you drop a vote on one of my battles.....them shits have been open for mad long....word

this world is a drug, and everyone's selfish

FLY FREE
Send a message via AIM to Germ Send a message via MSN to Germ  
Old 04-02-05, 01:35 AM   #19
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
IP: B422 CA9F

Voted For: One M.B.

yo... just posting to get my post counts up... so i can be a vet and shit..

Vote disqualified for inadequate feedback. Please see this thread if you need help on what qualifies as an acceptable explanation.
Old 04-02-05, 03:06 AM   #20
Bangalore

Text Record: 10-1
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: CF4E 8780

omb - i liked yours . but it sorta left me i don't know turned off. i don't know. but you had alot of good vocab and imagery . i just wasnt feeling it. the format of it was a lil off i guess. so it sorta affected the flow you coulda made your lines longer so things would have been more connected and you woudl have been able to drop more.. but none the less a smooth drop

anx.- wow a very very powerful drop. i liked it alot because it was so unique.you really took the topic and juiced it for what it was worth. i liked your imagery alot it took the reader on a ride. a emotional rollercoaster if you must. over all i just connected with your piece because you used strong wordplay and vocab. i could see everything you wrote and thats why i am picking yours because it really allowed the reader to see what was going on

Vote.anxiety because he used a very vivid vocab spread as well as a very very nice topic choice

no hate nice drop to both

Free Time...

I Live the Lifestyle You Want to Live

Secret Society/Cut Throat

Old 04-05-05, 10:59 PM   #21
anxiety

IP: 6CB8 12EC

Upping............................................

Old 04-09-05, 04:12 PM   #22
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP: AD07 BFDB

damn... anxiety really came through on this one... OMB..you my man 50 grand...but Anxiety definitely got the edge on ya this time around...

O... i felt ya story and ya shyt was pretty good but i've seen ya come at ya rhymes so much better than this... i felt ya story line but apoints it just seemed like ya needed to add something... almost like ya couldn't get out what ya wanted to say.. and for that i deducted points... loved the hook, though... i think if it was rewritten and ya took ya time with it this would be a really dope piece...

Anxiety...

damn dawg... i really feel where ya coming from being that i, myself was in a similar situation growing up...
story was well thought out...well it was a true story so the feeling was definitely in it... i wouldn't change anything about it... the consistency throughout was on point... each sentence flowed into the next...all ideas connected flawlessly... and the ending was damn near perfect... good job by both but i gotta give it up for Anx
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix  
Old 04-23-05, 02:59 PM   #23
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP: AD07 BFDB

uppin this joint... i got a battle going on in FL against Lyrical Clarity... too lazy to find the link right now....lol... holla back and drop a vote on that so we can close it out...thanks
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix  
Old 04-23-05, 03:54 PM   #24
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: AB23 98FF

this was a close battle in my opinion.. but I think OMB took it... lemme break it down

anxiety- the story you were tellin was good and it was very simple/easy to read but also you had alot of emotion in it.. its very easy to see where you're coming from when i read it.. thats a few reasons why i liked your verse but i would have enjoyed more multis in there, i'll explain why in a moment...

OMB- The story you were tellin was different but i enjoyed it. yous was also easy to read but complex at the same time with the multis. Personally i think the emotion and story telling was on the same level but I feel OMB got this with his multis. And i know its not a battle but its harder to tell a story when you're ryhming more than one syllable. know what i mean?

don't hate on this vote.. im just sayin its harder to tell a story with multis and make it all flow together without forcing things and OMB did it pretty flawlessly...

RTF- http://community.rapverse.com/showb...41&page=1&pp=15

88 miles per hour should do it.

Old 04-24-05, 05:34 PM   #25
anxiety

IP: 6CB8 12EC

Topicals aren't about multies exactly, but sall good... Upping.

Old 05-05-05, 06:52 PM   #26
morse code
...fuck life.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
This was feedback posted for One M.B.

IP: 3240 794D

Send a message via Yahoo to morse code  
Old 05-12-05, 06:08 AM   #27
MaRVJay
aMERiKaZ NiGHTMaRE!

Text Record: 57-24
IP: 0825 899A

oooooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppppssssssss...my bad

Vote disqualified for inadequate feedback. Please see this thread if you need help on what qualifies as an acceptable explanation.
"Wordz Ahgod has DECLINED this battle on 12-20-06 09:49 PM.

This thread has been automatically closed."

^^he's scared.lol
Send a message via AIM to MaRVJay  
Old 05-19-05, 11:09 AM   #28
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 1A19 1DB0

i didn't even feel like finishing omb's so you win cuz i finished yours and go chills 3 times while reading it... good shit, dq this if you want w/e

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk  
Old 05-22-05, 05:58 AM   #29
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 48EA 7C3F

wtf at the last two gay votes.............................

Old 05-23-05, 03:40 PM   #30
Sik Wit It

This was feedback posted for One M.B.

IP: 258C A279

checkin pollz...