RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-05, 01:03 PM   #2
noname
Coming to Kill you All

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
read up on hip-hop child n how n who it was started by n u will learn about it the leader of the black spades 1 of the most notorious gangs in the world at that time is who basically started the hip-hop culture ot get away from the gangs n shit in which all money raised form the partys,gigs or black parties was donated to community projects, basically the movement was started by a notorious gangsta n the people involved in it where black spade memebers who basically turned a gang into a charity to try and make the community better

^^right there is extreme basics of it read into it if u truely into hip-hop n learn about it so ye hip-hop is about gettin away from gangs n shit n makin a better enviroment for your community through the music

Ok...so the dude who created hip-hop made it with intentions of bringing it away from gangs 'n shit?

So that automatically means that everyone who likes hip-hop MUST do the same thing.....becuz that one guy did it like 20 years ago??

C'mon.
Hip-hop is not some follow the leader shit....I ain't gonna let what some guy did long ago hold me on a leash on what I can or can't rap about.

Hip-hop is about adding personilization to your shit.

once again...
you do what YOU want to do in rap...not what some guy in black spade shit did waaay back.
Send a message via AIM to noname   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 12:23 PM   #4
Compose

IP:

^Werd............
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 10-01-05, 12:31 PM   #5
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

I dont like 50 cent. I think his delivery is boring and emotionless and I hate his tracks and the fact that everyone loves his music.

But I respect him, because I give respect where respect is due. I dont respect him for being a dickhead and having beef or selling a lot of records. I respect him because hes doing what he loves doing, and getting paid fat sums for it. He's basically reached what we all strive for.
Old 10-01-05, 12:33 PM   #6
noname
Coming to Kill you All

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Man Band
I dont like 50 cent. I think his delivery is boring and emotionless and I hate his tracks and the fact that everyone loves his music.

But I respect him, because I give respect where respect is due. I dont respect him for being a dickhead and having beef or selling a lot of records. I respect him because hes doing what he loves doing, and getting paid fat sums for it. He's basically reached what we all strive for.

U serious?
The man has one of the most animated deliveries in the game.

How can it be boring?
Old 10-01-05, 12:40 PM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
U serious?
The man has one of the most animated deliveries in the game.

How can it be boring?

He lacks emotion. Sounds like hes droning on and on... This is in his newer shit though. He should have kept his old style from tracks like how to rob and applied it to different subject matter to make it marketable, instead of changing his style for the worse.
Old 10-01-05, 12:44 PM   #9
Compose

IP:

^Yea...thats what im saying (to Nos)...I hate him and all of the rest cuz they keep fucking up the image and if you mention rap to someone they think its about cars, hoes etc. and thats fucked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural killa
it is?

Last I heard hip-hop was about expressing yourself.(yes..yourself)
50 Lived a life based on crime 'n gangs.Why the fuck can't he rap about it?
He wants to rap about what HE wants...not what YOU want.

But seriously...since when is hip-hop been about getting away from crime 'n gangs?

That was the main focus of it when it was started...dumbass.
Old 10-01-05, 12:49 PM   #10
Compose

IP:

Oh yea Id like to add...even though 50 cent, and all of these other rappers are contributing to the downfall of real hip hop...I think the worst part of it is the radio...because they're not switching up anything and they keep playing them 24/7 fucking up everyones head, I used to be a closet rapper in school, but recently now kids know and I was askin some of my friends if they knew who Juice or Supernatural was and they didnt know, all they knew wad dipset, the lox, and gunit...and it pisses me off that artists who spend their whole lives honing their skills, adding wordplay, having complex rhyme schemes and everything get tossed to the side...THATS why I hate people like 50 cent and the radio, its not just 50 but its everyone who is involved with the industry putting it out more and more like the pac and big beef until one day its all gonna end.

And yea I know i made a mistake about that efex.
Old 10-01-05, 12:59 PM   #11
noname
Coming to Kill you All

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
Oh yea Id like to add...even though 50 cent, and all of these other rappers are contributing to the downfall of real hip hop...I think the worst part of it is the radio...because they're not switching up anything and they keep playing them 24/7 fucking up everyones head, I used to be a closet rapper in school, but recently now kids know and I was askin some of my friends if they knew who Juice or Supernatural was and they didnt know, all they knew wad dipset, the lox, and gunit...and it pisses me off that artists who spend their whole lives honing their skills, adding wordplay, having complex rhyme schemes and everything get tossed to the side...THATS why I hate people like 50 cent and the radio, its not just 50 but its everyone who is involved with the industry putting it out more and more like the pac and big beef until one day its all gonna end.

Well maybe mister Juice 'n Supernatural need to work on writing good songs and catchy hooks if they want to be known.
Old 10-01-05, 01:03 PM   #12
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:

See heres another area your going wrong at..

Radios play what makes for good music.. Keyword, music.. Not what has ill lyrics and wordplay.. Cause most people that arnt hip hop heads dont understand wordplay or its purpose unless its real simple shit..

Believe me man.. This is where underground rappers go wrong. They spend so much time trying to make tracks with sick multis and wordplay, but their taste in songs just isnt what people are interested in hearing or playing on the radio. Which means their shit will never be mass appeal and they can never reach the pinnicle of the rap industry no matter how skilled they are on a mic..

This is why you wont see rappers like canibus all over TV or all over the radio.. Becuase the music he makes just isnt mass appeal and his vocals are stange...(meaning not something you can jus bust put playing anywhere and everyone will be digging it) nahmean?
Old 10-01-05, 12:52 PM   #13
Compose

IP:

^lmao he wasnt talking about money he was talking about gangs...so that argument doesnt work.
Old 10-01-05, 12:56 PM   #14
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
^lmao he wasnt talking about money he was talking about gangs...so that argument doesnt work.

But hip hop did actually start with the DJ's... its just eventually gangs preferred to battle by being creative and dancing or emceeing than killing eachother. Then they werent gangs, they were crews. I think efecx was a little confused...