RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-05, 07:59 PM   #16
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 0E52 D4CE

1 Corinthians is written by a man, not God. Let me start off with that. Also, I thank you because I have found my new favorite verse.

Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
-1 Corinthians 14:6

Anyway, the verses leading up to that verse is talking about different tongues, and how only 2-3 people should talk about the scriptures. It does not say that women are not allowed to speak about the scriptures, but that they are not to talk about it in church. Also women at the time did not go to school, and probably would end up just making fools of themselves. Men are not allowed to do some things women are, does that make them un equal? No, just different. People are created equal, but not the same. There is a difference. It is also a society thing.

Example:
Women can wear tight pants in our community without anyone saying anything.
Guys cannot wear tight pants without being mocked, harassed, etc...

Each sex can do certain things in public, but it all depends on a society and what they consider right and wrong.

Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 11-28-05, 08:02 PM   #17
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNigga
if you didnt know the bible WAS edited, if anyone has an original version of the bible, they must be moses' cousin or sumthin

The original scriptures are in a vault that is secured by the Catholic church. Also, The Bible was translated which can mean misinterpretations, but as for being edited, I have never heard of chapters being edited. I know that certain books were left out, but the verses are only translated.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com

Old 11-28-05, 08:03 PM   #18
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
The original scriptures are in a vault that is secured by the Catholic church. Also, The Bible was translated which can mean misinterpretations, but as for being edited, I have never heard of chapters being edited. I know that certain books were left out, but the verses are only translated.

translated 100+ times, so you might as well say edited

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 11-28-05, 08:18 PM   #19
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 7777 52CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Read the rest of my post before you comment.

That point you made is actually explained in my post...

It didn't "explain" anything. You "Theorized". I'm not gonna read someone's "theory" on God since that's not what this thread was intended for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatNigga
if you didnt know the bible WAS edited, if anyone has an original version of the bible, they must be moses' cousin or sumthin

So now we're getting somewhere. Now that we ALL know that the bible was edited - how do you know what to be LIE ve? Pick and choose? This is the bible - they say you're supposed to follow it to a tee. It's suposedly the book that guides your way of life - yet you have a reason to doubt it's validity??? And you dont' see a problem with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
God put us here and gave us brains to do wtf we want, he gave us all of it...he cant change free will because he created us and put those rules sort of, so whatever the fuck we do we do, its like one big test go ahead light someone on fire but dont whine when you dont get into heaven

Common logic and the basic means to add and subtract will verify this for you right now. Why wait till you die? And "free will" isn't part of God's "plan" son. God says that he had a divine plan that covered every fraction of a moment of everyone's life, down to the smallest detail. I'm sure every time something targic happens to someone, them or those around thme say "it's god's plan" - which means you had NO CHOICE to begin with according to God. So how does Prayer fit into the Plan, if the outcome is already written out, according to God?

Quote:
1 Corinthians is written by a man, not God. Let me start off with that. Also, I thank you because I have found my new favorite verse.

Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
-1 Corinthians 14:6

Anyway, the verses leading up to that verse is talking about different tongues, and how only 2-3 people should talk about the scriptures. It does not say that women are not allowed to speak about the scriptures, but that they are not to talk about it in church. Also women at the time did not go to school, and probably would end up just making fools of themselves. Men are not allowed to do some things women are, does that make them un equal? No, just different. People are created equal, but not the same. There is a difference. It is also a society thing.

Example:
Women can wear tight pants in our community without anyone saying anything.
Guys cannot wear tight pants without being mocked, harassed, etc...

Each sex can do certain things in public, but it all depends on a society and what they consider right and wrong.

Next

1 Corinthians is written by man THROUGH God. The only thing "God" suppsedly wrote himself was the 10 commandments.

Secondly, you're interpreting a scripture that leaves no room for interpretaiton. Choosing how the word of your God is applied in your life is being selectively religious. It's the same logic serial killers have where as "I didnt' kill this person, the knive/gun/bat did" and in their eyes, they're justified. This isn't what "scociety" thinks is right or wrong, it's what the book that told YOU ow to live your life is telling you. Are you saying they're lying or wrong?

And who said that women shouldn't speak scripture?? I quoted what the bible said wher eGod feels that women shouldn't speak in church, or ever have power over men. That's YOUR God talking, not me. - where'd you get anything about speaking scripture?

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 11-28-05 at 08:27 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 08:29 PM   #20
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 5C71 9AD6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
It didn't "explain" anything. You "Theorized". I'm not gonna read someone's "theory" on God since that's not what this thread was intended for.

Its a conclusion based on scientific evidence. Written as an essay theorising on the existance of god.

Bro I have to say..

You can come accross as being real ignorant at times.... Instead of reading it and telling me why you think it isnt correct, you just sit there and go...

Ughh.. He called it a theory, it must be compleatly irrelevant...

And it cant be a time wasting thing either... Cause your quiet happy to sit there and write up gigantic threads on the Q...

Your saying god doesent exist.. I'm giving a response telling you what god is and showing you why he does exist...

Take it or leave it.
Old 11-28-05, 08:32 PM   #21
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

Quote:
Common logic and the basic means to add and subtract will verify this for you right now. Why wait till you die? And "free will" isn't part of God's "plan" son. God says that he had a divine plan that covered every fraction of a moment of everyone's life, down to the smallest detail. I'm sure every time something targic happens to someone, them or those around thme say "it's god's plan" - which means you had NO CHOICE to begin with according to God. So how does Prayer fit into the Plan, if the outcome is already written out, according to God?

I dont believe everything in the bible or what others say God really said because nobody knows God personally...I believe you choose your own destiny BUT he knows everything you're gonna do for instance you have a choice if you want to buy a car or not, if you buy a car...he knows everything that will happen relating to that after that, and if you dont, he knows everything after that etc. etc. and you'll have choices, you can pick the choices but he'll know whats gonna happen, thats what I believe.

People like you are the reason we have wars over bullshit like this, when it comes to religion everyone gets all defensive just keep the shit to yourself, you have NO proof there isnt a god, show me proof there isnt a god...oh somebody kills a shitload of people in a church, that doesnt mean there isnt a god that just means a bunch of people were killed, and at the same time, I have NO proof that god does exist...i believe what i believe, you believe what you believe, but when you start tellin people theyre wrong and you keep trying to prove to them that, it just gets people mad...im not mad but others get sensitive and shit when it comes to this type of shit, just leave it alone and stop trying to prove something you cant prove, and I cant prove it either.

Let me ask you something, how did we learn to add, have common logic...do you believe we evolved from Apes? if so...where did the apes come from...if you can answer that, where did the big bang come from? explosions of that magnitude just dont happen out of thin air, and no scientist can give you 100% proof of it, the universe is too complex to be made off 1 explosion, but thats my opinion im not trying to argue with you or anything.
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus

Last edited by Compose : 11-28-05 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-28-05, 08:34 PM   #22
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Its a conclusion based on scientific evidence. Written as an essay theorising on the existance of god.

Bro I have to say..

You can come accross as being real ignorant at times.... Instead of reading it and telling me why you think it isnt correct, you just sit there and go...

Ughh.. He called it a theory, it must be compleatly irrelevant...

And it cant be a time wasting thing either... Cause your quiet happy to sit there and write up gigantic threads on the Q...

Your saying god doesent exist.. I'm giving a response telling you what god is and showing you why he does exist...

Take it or leave it.

Where did I say it was wrong? If you think it adressed my post, YOU'RE wrong. If you want to discuss your theory on God, make a thread about it, because what you're talking about is a completely seperate topic. We're talkign about "God" in relation to the Bible, and you're theorizing about god and the universe and time and so on. That's a while seperate topic, and if you want to discuss it, I have no problem discussing it. Simply start a new thread.

Don't feel upset that I didn't mill over your essay.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 08:38 PM   #23
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

The Bible is a guide, not a manual.

Also, I don't agree with everything people say. That's just morals. That is why there are so many different kinds of religion. People believe certain things, gather more followers, then become a religion. The difference is if what they do is morally right/wrong, and if it is the truth. How do we know which one is the truth? That is just belief. Like compose said, no one will win or lose, but someone might understand the Christian belief which is good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday
God says that he had a divine plan that covered every fraction of a moment of everyone's life, down to the smallest detail.

But smallest detail to God may be when they grow, who dies in their family, etc... It doesn't mean he plans out how many times you are going to breathe in the next 5 minutes. The "Divine Plan" is a plan of life, not how the life is led.

Quote:
Choosing how the word of your God is applied in your life is being selectively religious.

Ugh. Religion, such an ugly thing. Religion is a set of procedures made by man because they think that it is the right thing to do. I recently went back to my old church, and one thing I noticed that I hated is how they made it feel like we are little insects and God is the person going, "Ewwww!!! Humans!!!!" I believe God loves us and wants to help us, but how can he help people who won't trust/believe in him? People who don't ask him for help or forgiveness until they need it? Who don't pray until they have to? Also, your beLIEve thing is kind of childish. It can be spelled beleve, would that make you feel better? No it wouldn't. You would still not trust something unless it was in your hands, so really you are just scared to believe in something you can't see.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com

Old 11-28-05, 08:41 PM   #24
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
1: I dont believe everything in the bible or what others say God really said because nobody knows God personally...I believe you choose your own destiny BUT he knows everything you're gonna do for instance you have a choice if you want to buy a car or not, if you buy a car...he knows everything that will happen relating to that after that, and if you dont, he knows everything after that etc. etc. and you'll have choices, you can pick the choices but he'll know whats gonna happen, thats what I believe.

2: People like you are the reason we have wars over bullshit like this, when it comes to religion everyone gets all defensive just keep the shit to yourself, you have NO proof there isnt a god, show me proof there isnt a god...oh somebody kills a shitload of people in a church, that doesnt mean there isnt a god that just means a bunch of people were killed, and at the same time, I have NO proof that god does exist...i believe what i believe, you believe what you believe, but when you start tellin people theyre wrong and you keep trying to prove to them that, it just gets people mad...im not mad but others get sensitive and shit when it comes to this type of shit, just leave it alone and stop trying to prove something you cant prove, and I cant prove it either.

1: I understand you feel that way, but God states that your life was PLANNED OUT. As in written form start to finish. You have no choice and no opportunity to deviate from the course according to God, so which is it? Prayer, or Plan? At least one of them is obviously untrue seeing that they're both complete opposites of one another.

2: Who ever said God dosen't exist? I said god isn't HERE. REad the opening statement of this thread, because you're going off into the existance of god and all this - I'm saying that god isn't present.

And on that note, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You feel how you feel and refuse to see otherwise and that's fine. This isn't the thread for you. You're trying to convince me, but I'm not trying to convince you. I'm asking questions and looking at facts that are proven and verified, vs hearsay with no ecidence, witnesses or any other form of proof other than what some miscellaneous person wrote on some scrolls. If that's enough for you to accept it as true, then more power to you.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 11-28-05, 08:44 PM   #25
Compose

IP: 8985 D522

Quote:
1: I understand you feel that way, but God states that your life was PLANNED OUT. As in written form start to finish. You have no choice and no opportunity to deviate from the course according to God, so which is it? Prayer, or Plan? At least one of them is obviously untrue seeing that they're both complete opposites of one another.

2: Who ever said God dosen't exist? I said god isn't HERE. REad the opening statement of this thread, because you're going off into the existance of god and all this - I'm saying that god isn't present.

And on that note, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You feel how you feel and refuse to see otherwise and that's fine. This isn't the thread for you. You're trying to convince me, but I'm not trying to convince you. I'm asking questions and looking at facts that are proven and verified, vs hearsay with no ecidence, witnesses or any other form of proof other than what some miscellaneous person wrote on some scrolls. If that's enough for you to accept it as true, then more power to you.

I said I dont believe in the bible word for word =/
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 11-28-05, 08:45 PM   #26
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 5C71 9AD6

Quote:
Where did I say it was wrong? If you think it adressed my post, YOU'RE wrong. If you want to discuss your theory on God, make a thread about it, because what you're talking about is a completely seperate topic. We're talkign about "God" in relation to the Bible, and you're theorizing about god and the universe and time and so on. That's a while seperate topic, and if you want to discuss it, I have no problem discussing it. Simply start a new thread.

Don't feel upset that I didn't mill over your essay.

So...

Your saying, that in a thread trying to disprove the existance of god... A post theorising about the existance of god is irrelevant..

See this is why I'm calling ignorance...
Now you can banter on all day about this and that of what the bible says... But the thread topic is still "is anyone out there?" and you state very clearly..

Quote:
I know there is no god present looking over us or caring for us simply based on the savage things that happen daily.

This is ofcourse one of the main reasons I made my post... To answer this.

Quote:
Someone can walk into a church right now, beat a priest into a coma with his Bible, go rape a Nun and shoot the both of them in the face while both of them pray for god to save them. Where is he to save them? Young girls get raped daily. Where's god to save them?

This is talked about and related to the extract from my theory in my post.

Quote:
The Bible it self states that God does not love and respect everyone equally and that some people are born inferior to others and should be enslaved, submissive and so on

Quote:
THIS IS FROM THE BIBLE AND I CAN SHOW YOU! There is no God to save you. He's either gone, or dead. Your helping hand is at the end of your own arm.

While I dont quote the bible or make much reference to it. (and believe me, I could have)... This is answered in my post aswell..

So you see...
Claiming irrelevance to a post that answers every question and statement posed in your innitial thread.... IS IGNORANCE.... You would have to agree with that ... right?
Old 11-28-05, 08:51 PM   #27
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
The Bible is a guide, not a manual.

1: Also, I don't agree with everything people say. That's just morals. That is why there are so many different kinds of religion. People believe certain things, gather more followers, then become a religion. The difference is if what they do is morally right/wrong, and if it is the truth. How do we know which one is the truth? That is just belief. Like compose said, no one will win or lose, but someone might understand the Christian belief which is good enough.

2: But smallest detail to God may be when they grow, who dies in their family, etc... It doesn't mean he plans out how many times you are going to breathe in the next 5 minutes. The "Divine Plan" is a plan of life, not how the life is led.

3: Ugh. Religion, such an ugly thing. Religion is a set of procedures made by man because they think that it is the right thing to do. I recently went back to my old church, and one thing I noticed that I hated is how they made it feel like we are little insects and God is the person going, "Ewwww!!! Humans!!!!" I believe God loves us and wants to help us, but how can he help people who won't trust/believe in him? People who don't ask him for help or forgiveness until they need it? Who don't pray until they have to? Also, your beLIEve thing is kind of childish. It can be spelled beleve, would that make you feel better? No it wouldn't. You would still not trust something unless it was in your hands, so really you are just scared to believe in something you can't see.

1: Luckily, we're not discussing "many different kinds of religion" we're discussing Christianity and every other division there of in relation to "God" and the Bible.

2: you're assuming. "maybe" You're guessing and filling in data that's the exact opposite of what was stated. "to the smallest detail". There's nothing vague about that. A plan is an orchestrated and timed sequence of events. No where in the definiton of the word "plan" is anything even remotely close to "free will", so how are you guessing all this info that's not there? You're doing the normal thing people do when some facet of their religion is in queston and they guess and make up great reasons this and that happens. If God loves everyone so, why does he say men shoudl keep their wonem subserviant and submissive? And I also notice you didn't pick up that slavery in the bible argument either...

3: How is it childish? That's how it's spelled. The word "believe" has the word "lie" at the center of it. The fact that you even say that you "beieve" something immediately states that you're guessing and having confidence in something you otherwise have no logical reason ot have confidence in. ask a dictionary. You're deviating in all sorts of directions away from the issues. I don't "believe" anything, I either know it or I don't. Facts speak clearly, and any "God" would be BEYOND doubt. Abnormal things would happen every day if he were really here to help you. you're just part of his plan. He loves everythin right? So he loves you, jsut as much as he loves a person who would take your life. He loves you just as much as he loves AIDS and cancer. HE CREATED EVERYTHING. you cna't assume that ANYTHING that happens could possibly be "bad" if it's creaed by a being who's "perfect", since that's the way they designed it and planned it all to work.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 11-28-05, 09:02 PM   #28
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

Dictionary contains definitions that people have made...how do we know that the words didn't mean something completely different? You are guessing as well. Do you have solid evidence that there is no God? No. Do you have solid evidence proving without a shadow of a doubt that there is a God? No. Nothing is for sure, there are always little factors that can change something.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com

Old 11-28-05, 09:02 PM   #29
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
I said I dont believe in the bible word for word =/

How do you know what to believe?

Quote:
So...

Your saying, that in a thread trying to disprove the existance of god... A post theorising about the existance of god is irrelevant..

See this is why I'm calling ignorance...
Now you can banter on all day about this and that of what the bible says... But the thread topic is still "is anyone out there?" and you state very clearly..

This is ofcourse one of the main reasons I made my post... To answer this.

While I dont quote the bible or make much reference to it. (and believe me, I could have)... This is answered in my post aswell..

So you see...
Claiming irrelevance to a post that answers every question and statement posed in your innitial thread.... IS IGNORANCE.... You would have to agree with that ... right?

Lets see.. this thread discusses God in the Bible and refferences to his points of view so that we all have one common ground to communicate on and see points of one person or another person's POV. We already acknowledging that god exists, and I'll even say that his comments are in the Bible, yet you're talkign about god is in time and the universe and all this other shit that's got jack to do with shit. We're talking about a collection of information we commonly accept and use as the medium for our points of view. You're talking about your theory and your frame of mind about this and that and all this other shit. This takes nothing away from your "essay", it's just irrelevant to this. If you believe god is "out there" and you want to represent that in time and space and what not - fine. That's your theory and your opinion. I'll make a note of it.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 11-28-05, 09:06 PM   #30
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

Quote:
How do you know what to believe?

It's called trust and judgement.

Quote:
Seangunner@gmail.com