RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-06, 05:54 PM   #16
atti?

IP: 0825 899A

How would not being able to record my own music have any reflection on my common knowledge of other artists?

Again... You're an idiot.
Old 05-19-06, 07:13 PM   #17
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5285 DC82

I dont see a downfall in rap.

In anything you do theres the good and the bad, people just need to focus on the good.
but in saying that, good to me might not be whats good to you.

Rap will never die.

stupid thread.
Old 05-20-06, 10:25 AM   #18
atti?

IP: 3240 794D

Ysdat is downfall of the letter Y
Old 05-20-06, 11:42 AM   #19
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0

I think the downfall of Y is A, stoopid.
Old 05-21-06, 06:38 PM   #20
atti?

As in, a indeph
Old 05-21-06, 07:30 PM   #21
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 2977 80E3

Hip Hop has no downfall.

RAP's downfall will be the same thing that created it. savage capitalism.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 08:02 PM   #22
Lyriclesolja
I Create Dope Poetry For The Thinkers Of Tomarrow....I Am Lyriclesolja

IP: 8574 D3B8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
It's not really a downfall, more like a turn into a different direction.

exactly and thats the way it will alwase be..and should alwase be....Hip Hop will never die it will just expand....you people talk about hating main stream and how its so Fuckin bad....then if you ask them if they want to get a major recod deal....they lie and say no like yall dont want to get paid to rap.....fuck to me this shit is easy i would love to get paid to write dope songs and be on the radio and shit.....wouldent you? and to me the shits to easy to pass up...but thats just me....
-LS-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Lyricalsolja you illy on the sickness tip.
Send a message via AIM to Lyriclesolja Send a message via MSN to Lyriclesolja   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 10:10 PM   #23
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

I love the blind sheep who think a record deal means you get paid to rap.

You're in debt from the moment you sign the deal, so how are you getting paid?

People who say they wouldn't sign a deal aren't lying. They just know more than you do.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-06, 10:59 PM   #24
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 7401 A3D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
I love the blind sheep who think a record deal means you get paid to rap.

You're in debt from the moment you sign the deal, so how are you getting paid?

People who say they wouldn't sign a deal aren't lying. They just know more than you do.

Yeah, cause its so dope being a reletivly un-noticed independant rapper who only gets recognised by hip hop heads who are in the know about the countless underground nobody rappers who aint really getting their music out on a large enough scale..

The music industry is a dirty fucking industry no doubt.. But just like any other business, if you dont take risks... You'll never reach your full potential...

Taking risks is working on getting your sound perfected, going to a major label, raping them for all the promo and money they can throw at your project then working for a few years and putting all your cd's out through their label to pay them back..

You know.......at the end of the day... Independant artists have loads more freedom artistically and make more money off each unit sold, but cats that go on majors are the ones who get the big advance and fame, do the bigger shows, go on better tours, get better interviews, get invited to better parties, get better production guys working on their shit, get played on the radios more and overall.... Are far closer to living the dream than any rapper doing it indie.

You can rag on about how the industry will steal your soul and burn it and thats cool... A lot of rappers dont have the balls to go on a major label, and the results of that will show when they put their cd out and well...........just dont sell as many copies as they would want to...

I think its best to start on an indie label as an unknown... But after your comming up on a small scale and start having a fan base.................Indie labels are just a worthless bottleneck on your career...
Old 05-21-06, 11:24 PM   #25
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Yeah, cause its so dope being a reletivly un-noticed independant rapper who only gets recognised by hip hop heads who are in the know about the countless underground nobody rappers who aint really getting their music out on a large enough scale..

The music industry is a dirty fucking industry no doubt.. But just like any other business, if you dont take risks... You'll never reach your full potential...

Taking risks is working on getting your sound perfected, going to a major label, raping them for all the promo and money they can throw at your project then working for a few years and putting all your cd's out through their label to pay them back..

You know.......at the end of the day... Independant artists have loads more freedom artistically and make more money off each unit sold, but cats that go on majors are the ones who get the big advance and fame, do the bigger shows, go on better tours, get better interviews, get invited to better parties, get better production guys working on their shit, get played on the radios more and overall.... Are far closer to living the dream than any rapper doing it indie.

You can rag on about how the industry will steal your soul and burn it and thats cool... A lot of rappers dont have the balls to go on a major label, and the results of that will show when they put their cd out and well...........just dont sell as many copies as they would want to...

I think its best to start on an indie label as an unknown... But after your comming up on a small scale and start having a fan base.................Indie labels are just a worthless bottleneck on your career...

If you're a person who raps for fame, then a record deal would suit you perfectly. Especially if you ignore the reality of mrderous stalkers, law suits, friends backstabbing you, cameras on you while you're taking a shit, and constant mention in the gossip rags. Everything I saw you cite as "better" all related to "what gets more fame". Reasons to sign to a major label is parties and interviews??

that shit don't pay the bills. You get over frivilous shit like that by the time you're 20.

Some people are happy with a solid say 10,000 albums sold on an independant level and knowing they did it them selves AND made more money off their first album that you will off your next 3. Every dollar you spend as a mainstream rapper is borrowed and at the end of your first album you WILL be in debt.

I can understand how some people are scared to do it them selves. they're more comfortable with someone else holding their hand and label's dick up their ass.

A red flag pops up in my head when I do 100% of the work, yet my label makes 85% of the profits.
^If that sounds like your type of shit, then do you.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 05-21-06 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-21-06, 11:57 PM   #26
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 7401 A3D2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
If you're a person who raps for fame, then a record deal would suit you perfectly. Especially if you ignore the reality of mrderous stalkers, law suits, friends backstabbing you, cameras on you while you're taking a shit, and constant mention in the gossip rags. Everything I saw you cite as "better" all related to "what gets more fame". Reasons to sign to a major label is parties and interviews??

Rest of your post was about money... But this bit....

Man... That is part of fame... I understand cats would be scared shitless of that... But like I said, if you dont take risks... You'll never reach your full potential.

Music is about reaching people.. Fame is an off-shoot of that. When your an indie artist, your bottle necking all the people you might of been able to reach on a major label..

Theres pros and cons on both sides I guess....
Old 05-22-06, 01:56 AM   #27
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Rest of your post was about money... But this bit....

Man... That is part of fame... I understand cats would be scared shitless of that... But like I said, if you dont take risks... You'll never reach your full potential.

Music is about reaching people.. Fame is an off-shoot of that. When your an indie artist, your bottle necking all the people you might of been able to reach on a major label..

Theres pros and cons on both sides I guess....

Avoiding problems wouldn't classify someone as "scared shitless" in my eyes. Fame is something everybody wants except the famous. The #1 thing celebreties hate about fame is being famous. Ever stop to ask your self why?

besides that, some people don't need the ego stroke of "fame" to be happy and they don't like sucking dicks to advance their career. That's why they go indie. You can have all the money of the mainstream artist without the unneeded side effects. It feels better to know you sold 10,000 albums on your own without having to comprimise your self AND more PROFIT than the mainstream rapper who makes less at his label than the interns. Dude will have a platinum plaque on his wall and still be 200 grand in debt paying off his advance and realizing he's trapped in his contract. not to mention the debt from the leased cars and the rented houses, video shoots and so on. Wanna get outta debt? your only hope is to put out a second album hotter than the first one, but you're broke, so how do you do that?? By kissing up to the label again for more money and rolling your contract - which puts you DEEPER in debt!! you being broke is the only thing that's gonna motivate you to finih out your three album deal, so they make sure to keep you in debt.

oh yeah, and how exactly is going indie bottlenecking your exposure??? Papoose and Imortal technique are both known by EVERYBODY, and not one of them had ANY label backing them. Nothing in the world is stopping you from being seen/heard by the same people that see the mainstream artists, you can promote your self how ever you like. At least when you're indie.

when you're mainstream, your label will decide how much exposure they want to give you. They control your publishing budget!! And that's how hot artists never get heard. Their own LABEL bottle necks them. The same resason Remy wanted to leave terror squad - said fat joe bottlenecked her. Same thing 50 threatened to do to Game on "I'm not rich, I'm still lying". Nobody has that control over you when you're indie.

97% of professional artists fail, yet the music business remains one of the most profitable industires for a business to enter.

think about that.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.