RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-06, 06:49 PM   #16
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 964E EB42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
Then, if God didn't tell you to work on the sabbath, then you're breakin at least 1 commandment.

But, jus seek God about it man. Some people have to work on Sunday--i.e., EMS, etc.

i have to work to on sunday if i didnt i would have enough for my to pay for a lot of this like the rent and im trying to save up for a house so we can move in and i have to pay her sister tution or a private school
Old 06-05-06, 07:01 PM   #17
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 2B7A 2084

El Rey...maintaining the Commandment doesn't entail divisiveness...There's a reason why some people hold it on Sat and others on Sun...And, that reason can be foundin Romans 14...The early church had problems with issues like this one as well as with other customs and laws that the early Jews followed. The early believers also drew lines of divide over whether or not it was okay to eat pork or not. Just as with the sabbath, that they accused Jesus of breaking, Jesus fulfilled these laws because he's Lord over them. So, in Romans 14, Paul states that if something becomes a stumbling block to one person, that you shouldn't do it around them. Jesus, on the other hand, said--regarding the eating of pork--that what goes in the body doesn't defile it, it's what comes out of it.

So, again, I tell you, hold the sabbath on Saturday. There's nothing wrong with it. But, I vernture to suggest there's nothing with holding the sabbath on Sunday either. The main point is to serve and worship God. Such things are trivial and cause divisions in the body of Christ, IMO.

I honestly don't think God cares if you rest on Saturday or Sunday, as long as you give him his due.

Now, if you REALLY wanna get into a commandment that's ignored, I can talk about TITHING.

Malachi buddy! Ten percent of your income belongs to God. How many people skip out on that?hmmm

PS

The word Sabbath is Hebrew for Shabbat, derived from the verb shavat, “to rest, cease...The bible doesn't command that it be held on any particular day, except the "7th" day...The origins of it are truly unknown.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 06-05-06 at 07:05 PM.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-06, 07:03 PM   #18
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by locknes
i have to work to on sunday if i didnt i would have enough for my to pay for a lot of this like the rent and im trying to save up for a house so we can move in and i have to pay her sister tution or a private school

O wow bro...So, you feel that by taking God's time, that it'll assure you more money to do what God has promised to do for you, and that's take care of you? That's foolish bro. Be careful about that. If you tithe the way you're supposed to, and trust in God to provide, you'll have more than you'll know what to do with. Otherwise, trying to hoard and usurp the glory/time due God is self-sabotaging.
Old 06-05-06, 07:07 PM   #19
Tha Q.
OYD

PS...El Rey...Don't even quote "Sunday" as the name of a "sun" God...suggesting it's pagan...

Saturday is from the Roman god Saturn...

And, in Jewish customs, it's observed from friday night through saturday night...

In the early Chrsitian church, it was moved to sunday to commemorate the resurrection of Christ.

It truly is a trivial matter though. It doesn't matter which day you celebrate it, as long as you observe it.
Old 06-05-06, 07:19 PM   #21
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Rey
If it didn't matter why even have a 4th commandment then...
It was man who changed the sabbath to sunday, not God...
If it didn't matter why did constantine who is nothing but a
man change the days from saturday to sunday, Gods law rains
over mans, and thats whos law I will be keeping.

reigns...

but um...problem is...the commandment doesn't specify which day...it says "sabbath"...the word means REST...The commandment says the "7th day"...In jewish customs, they did it from friday night through saturday night...That's a 24 hour period...

Modern Christians celebrate it on Sunday...

I think the point of the commandment is to observe it...And, if that's done, then it's much ado about nothing.

Old 06-05-06, 07:25 PM   #23
locknes
its WU muthafucka

so q your tellin me to not work on sunday even though i go to church on sunday
and what happens after i cant to afford to pay the rent and my various thing
sunday makes up 40% of my check
Old 06-05-06, 07:29 PM   #24
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
so q your tellin me to not work on sunday even though i go to church on sunday
and what happens after i cant to afford to pay the rent and my various thing
sunday makes up 40% of my check

I'm telling you to talk to God about what you specifically should do on Sunday.

As for tithing your check, you can't afford NOT TO. "Will a man rob God?" 10% is His off the top. Scriptures say that when you cheerfully give God your tithes and offerings, he'll "rebuke the devourer" for your sake. In other words, you'll never be in need for anything. On the other hand, if you pocket God's money (money to be given through thte church), you'll be cursed with a curse.

Watch what I tell you. Try it for 1 month. Give ten percent of your check to God through the church and watch how windows and doors open up to you that you've never experienced before.

Old 06-05-06, 07:37 PM   #25
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Quote:
I'm telling you to talk to God about what you specifically should do on Sunday.

As for tithing your check, you can't afford NOT TO. "Will a man rob God?" 10% is His off the top. Scriptures say that when you cheerfully give God your tithes and offerings, he'll "rebuke the devourer" for your sake. In other words, you'll never be in need for anything. On the other hand, if you pocket God's money (money to be given through thte church), you'll be cursed with a curse.

Watch what I tell you. Try it for 1 month. Give ten percent of your check to God through the church and watch how windows and doors open up to you that you've never experienced before.

i already give 10% but its because i work on sundays if i didnt work on sundays i would be making just as much as minage wage does on full time may be a bit more but any ways i live in a area where shit is expensive the lowest price ive seen a 1 bedroom apartment go in this area was $1200 which is ridicoulous i get what your trying to say but i just cant afford to not work on sunday its cruicial to the family i support.
Old 06-05-06, 07:39 PM   #26
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
i already give 10% but its because i work on sundays if i didnt work on sundays i would be making just as much as minage wage does on full time may be a bit more but any ways i live in a area where shit is expensive the lowest price ive seen a 1 bedroom apartment go in this area was $1200 which is ridicoulous i get what your trying to say but i just cant afford to not work on sunday its cruicial to the family i support.

Seek God about it man. You have to do what you have to do.

I hear ya.
Old 06-05-06, 07:43 PM   #27
locknes
its WU muthafucka

Quote:
Seek God about it man. You have to do what you have to do.

I hear ya.

thanks if i had it my way i wouldnt work on sundays which is why i hope i get my promotion in 5 months which then i can make changes to my own schedule and ill make my sundays an off day