RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-06, 07:48 PM   #16
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

I think the number one reason is that many christians feel the need to push their beliefs onto others. Often the person doing this has no idea at all about their religion, and either grew up on it or goes to church occasionally, or likes the idea of being considered a christian because of the rewards it offers.

I've met very few true christians, but the ones I do know are hesitant to even call themselves christians because they are completely different from the others.

Also, christianity is the most popular religion in many countries... It's often the easiest one to refer to when making a point about spiritual or religious issues, because people know what you are talking about. I, personally, use it to argue against and refer to sometimes because I grew up as a "christian" and I know the bible decently, better than I know any other religious documents and scriptures.
Old 06-30-06, 12:41 PM   #17
Feeble Minded
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: ACCB 00AA

This discussion sucks. "You have a vendetta" .. "No I don't"

Rofl. Faith is based on belief, not fact. I'm not religious, but it's funny when people make threads disputing random shit about Christianity.. and trying to logically debate something which depends on faith.
Old 06-30-06, 12:43 PM   #18
Feeble Minded
Light Weight

IP: ACCB 00AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
because of the rewards it offers.

I've met very few true christians, but the ones I do know are hesitant to even call themselves christians because they are completely different from the others.

No true Christian would ever hesitate to call themselves a Christian. That would mean they aren't a true Christian, rofl. And Christianity offers rewards? Umm... Ok ... since you didn't mention any
Old 06-30-06, 04:00 PM   #19
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeble Minded
No true Christian would ever hesitate to call themselves a Christian. That would mean they aren't a true Christian, rofl. And Christianity offers rewards? Umm... Ok ... since you didn't mention any

Last time I checked, an eternal life of unimaginable bliss was at least a decent reward, man.

And yes, the true christians I have met are ashamed of what christianity has become. They are true in living by the philosophy, having 100% faith in what they believe, preaching through deeds and not words etc. Unlike the majority of christians, which are christians by name but pagans by deed. I myself am not a christian, i'm just saying.
Old 07-01-06, 08:38 AM   #20
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 085D 358C

lmao @ "true Christians"

yo OMB, sometimes you try too hard to sound intellectual.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 07-01-06, 10:05 AM   #21
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 508A A02D

Blay.........

You never sound interlectual man......

No matter how hard you try.....
Old 07-01-06, 10:08 AM   #22
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayo . audrey
i haven't been on here quite long, so i'm not even sure what goes on.. but religion-wise.. i'm not against christianity at all.. i'm against alot of morals and beliefs that they have, because that shit can't be backed up with facts [solid facts at least, not something that was written in the bible] and yet they insist on it being true/right. but hey whatever, i'm not gonna knock it, because i was raised on the bible, i was raised on scriptures, until i was old enough to really realize what was going on, and choose the right path rather than just taking the easy way out.

hmmm...
that wasn't a contradicting statement at all...

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 11:11 AM   #23
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAYBOY
lmao @ "true Christians"

yo OMB, sometimes you try too hard to sound intellectual.

Well what am I supposed to call them?

Real christians, actual christians, true christians... Whatever. If something as small as a term bothers you and you don't get the meaning behind what i'm saying then please don't reply to my posts.

From my perspective, in my opinion (meaning you don't have to agree), there are three types of christian.

1. Follows christianity "religiously", has taken in the teachings of the bible, lives by the bible, applies its philosophies to his/her own life, has an open mind, is willing to discuss shaky matters and has formed opinions on them.

2. Follows a modern day, twisted version of christianity that has evolved over the past 2000 years. Truly believes that their way is the right way, often closed minded and dismissive of shaky issues regarding christianity. This kind is VERY common. Many adults and mature teens fall into this category.

3. Christian by word, and not by anything else. Calls themself christian because often they grew up in a christian background, or like the idea of being christian. Have not read or understood much of the bible, and it doesnt bother them at all. Have a sort of partial view of what christianity is, usually revolving around the fact that Jesus died so that we are forgiven. Many young people (10-25 ish) are in this category. Youth groups, people who go on christian camps, etc etc are usually this type of christian.

Number one is what I meant when I said "true christians." I don't know why it was funny... ?
Old 07-01-06, 03:20 PM   #24
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 2B7A 2084

Logic, remember that we as Christians are in a spiritual warfare with satan and his demons. Therefore, don't look with your natural eyes at the situation.

John 15:19 answers your question...

19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

^^There are many other scriptures to deal with the topic of persecution. Stay up bro...We have the victory through Jesus Christ.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 04:33 PM   #25
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F67E 3D56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic.
Well I'm only half black, but if you call me a nigger I'll still be fully offended. It's kinda like that. =/

And audrey, the truth shit is basically because Christianity is about belief and faith. They feel like they have to say this is 100% true no matter what you say because otherwise they feel like they're not true believers. Catch my drift? I think everyone has doubts, but belief doesn't mean blind obedience.

people aint knockin cristianity they're knockin the 100% its true or im not a true believer... anyone with that idea about anything is terrible in my mind. i grew up goin to church all the time, but no that im older i know to take whats good from the bible and stuff that dont make sence to me i aint ganna force myself to believe it... open minded... religion should be an idea not a belief!!!!! that way we can always be lookin for the best and happiest way of living life without lookin down on people who dont "believe" in what we believe.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 05:32 PM   #26
ayo . audrey
Light Weight

IP: 99B7 D158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Bastard DSR
hmmm...
that wasn't a contradicting statement at all...

im saying, i don't have anything against christians.. just some of the shit they believe in
my mouth is a speaker, i'm anchorin' the misery
there's no friends, i ennemy 'em
my greatest enemy, is my inner me
Send a message via AIM to ayo . audrey Send a message via Yahoo to ayo . audrey   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-06, 11:53 PM   #27
Shear Kaughn
Broke as hell

IP: B8B4 D1AE

lets just all convert to islam and close this thread..............
Old 07-14-06, 01:27 PM   #28
GREVISS
Flyweight

IP: F3ED 965F

in theory christianity is good, its just people are bad at it....