RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-07, 07:37 AM   #16
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 3240 794D

Quote:
Well if you knew better than your daughter, then it would make sense right? If you knew that by going out with some dude your daughter would turn out fucked up, it's just like telling her it's a bad idea without forcing her to bend to your will. And it's not like God is just torturing everyone who disobeys him, he just doesn't reward you for it. If the only choices are heaven and hell, that's how you have to see it. Not to mention that hell doesn't even have to be torture, if you found out that God existed, didn't love you and would not let you into heaven, then had to cope with that stress for the rest of eternity, THAT in and of itself would be "torture" enough. Only thing is, that's not torture, it's just not being rewarded either.

Quote:
Well if you knew better than your daughter, then it would make sense right?

Because you THINK you know better than your daughter, you should cut off her leg if she makes her own decision?

Quote:
If you knew that by going out with some dude your daughter would turn out fucked up, it's just like telling her it's a bad idea without forcing her to bend to your will.

Uhm, if you don't believe in God, which is the only unforgivable sin (besides, I suppose, suicide), then that is your personal choice. There is no empirical proof, it is only 'believe in me because I say so, and if you don't, I won't love you'. It's more like you not knowing the boyfriend at all, but saying you'll cut off your daughter's leg anyway.

Quote:
And it's not like God is just torturing everyone who disobeys him, he just doesn't reward you for it.

Mhm...disobey God...don't believe because there is no proof..go to hell...get tortured. Isn't that basically the reason 90% of people are christian? And uhm, in the next post you say even if hell doesn't have torture, knowledge of God isn't enough.

Quote:
Not to mention that hell doesn't even have to be torture, if you found out that God existed, didn't love you and would not let you into heaven, then had to cope with that stress for the rest of eternity, THAT in and of itself would be "torture" enough.

Not really. I don't fret over bullshit that won't be changed, so I'd just learn how to meditate or make myself go insane.

Quote:
If you knew that by going out with some dude your daughter would turn out fucked up, it's just like telling her it's a bad idea without forcing her to bend to your will.

Basic human emotions and not believing in something because there is no proof is NOT similiar to an abusive boyfriend. And you're saying someone is stupid because they compared Santa to God, which is as good a metaphor as any?
Old 01-13-07, 12:42 AM   #17
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 974D 4926

I'm going to be 100% honest right now, you can take it however you want but I don't care.

You are trying to convince yourself that you're right, and I can't even carry on this argument because you are so stupid it makes it impossible for you to step OUTSIDE the box. I know I'm probably wrong for this, but ok, you don't believe in God, fucking cool, you're such a rebel. When the time comes and you find out what the fuck is up, you will have quite a long time to dwell on why you were wrong, so I won't even waste my time in the physical form explaining this to you.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 01-13-07, 04:12 AM   #18
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

Text Record: 32-23
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D22F CD29

you learn what u can about religion and make your own decision and respect everyones decision... if everyone did that then it wouldn't matter because heaven would be on earth and not a misterious place some people believe in and others don't. to me the bible was writen by smart people that wanted to make life the best it could be for them, so they made up rules that if everyone followed they'd expect life to be heaven on earth, but now with all the different religions and view points thats not possible so everyone just needs to respect everyones religions and view points and everyone can have their own heavens on earth... cuz honestly if theres no facts on anything and no solid answers its just opinion anyway and u can't get mad over an opinion

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 04:23 AM   #19
M&rk

maybe the original copy of the bible was on some ill shit but its proven that its been changed so to believe in it with out any questions is moronic to me. but word the idea of god is good... even if no one really knows what god is or if there is one

my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-07, 04:55 AM   #20
GREVISS
Flyweight

IP: F3ED 965F

well i come from a culture that has no hell or heaven, so the idea of "good"
is a little more flexible, tho in relation to this topic...one of our main ideologies
is the concept of duality, for us creation started with the void, commonly
interpreted as "absolute nothingness" even to name it is somewhat ironic
as it doesnt exist...but heres where it relates to this topic...in order for the
the void to be recognized the second stanza of creation for us is the darkness
or Night...with this established it is now duality ...which creates the third stanza
the "light"...now hypothetically most of you shoud see the realation to God,
if not...God would not exist without the devil...they are one...he is evil because
if god did not exist their would be no evil...while if their was no devil their
would be no good...it is their duality which is the conception of both...
Old 01-13-07, 04:56 AM   #21
Twisted Visions
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: BA85 15A4

Okay, here's what i believe

The bible is a book of fairy tales, thats all they are...it's a book written by someone long before our time to try to convince people that they're way was the right way and if you dont believe that then your going to burn in the fiery pits of hell....well fuck that scientific evidence proves the theory of evolution, big bang happened....you really think someone got swallowed by a whale and survive to tell the tale.....do you believe that it was possible to put 2 of every species of every animal on the earth in a damn boat? no, the bible is lies so why would anyone believe in a religion that so fucking ludicrous?
Old 01-13-07, 05:13 AM   #22
GREVISS
Flyweight

^^structure , format , a plan, morals, knowing that when you die its not the end,
fear, comfort, conviniance, lifestyle, evolution has not been proved, it is still a
theory...just of the top
Old 01-13-07, 05:15 AM   #23
Twisted Visions
New to RV

Evolution is more sensible than saying "Some guy created everything and nothing ever evolves" bible-bs
Old 01-13-07, 05:17 AM   #24
GREVISS
Flyweight

^^not sayin its not sensible...just hasnt been proved ...
Old 01-13-07, 05:27 AM   #25
M&rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREVISS
is a little more flexible, tho in relation to this topic...one of our main ideologies
as it doesnt exist...but heres where it relates to this topic...in order for the
or Night...with this established it is now duality ...which creates the third stanza
if not...God would not exist without the devil...they are one...he is evil because

for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction- obviously enstien... and i find what u say very interesting... your sayin that we reasoned ourselves into existance... like how a kid can keep sayin why? why? why? why? your sayin why is there nothin because its black, why is it black, because its not light? why because black is bad and light is good, why? because black is the devil and light is god.. why? well just because damn it

my reverbnation.com page
Old 01-13-07, 12:39 PM   #26
Magic5

IP: 2359 F6E7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREVISS
^^structure , format , a plan, morals, knowing that when you die its not the end,
fear, comfort, conviniance, lifestyle, evolution has not been proved, it is still a
theory...just of the top

Evolution is basically fact, be serious with yourself. The Big Bang Theory still has holes in it, but evolution has occurred over time.
Old 01-13-07, 05:29 PM   #27
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 0825 899A

Lmao. You say I don't think outside the box because I don't feed my weak little existence with the ridiculous thought of free will? You seriously think God gives a choice to be good and evil, but with this choice, if we choose not to be good, then we will be tortured for eternity in the fiery pits of Hell. Mhm, yeah, I'm loving that free will.

How does God know what's better for us? If he's so all-knowing, why does he push himself upon other people, since humans think that people should be allowed to have their own opinion? So you're saying God is a tyrant who casts people into oblivion when they make their own life choices --- but wait, you have a choice, because you can choose to go into that oblivion! Great, what a sympathetic person. No wonder he turns people into pillars of salt.

Quote:
you will have quite a long time to dwell on why you were wrong, so I won't even waste my time in the physical form explaining this to you.

You're fucking retarded, and don't belong in any debate. Get the fuck out of Cerebral Approach if your retarded ass is going to say I'm not open-minded, and then proceed to act like you win because 'in the end your religion will be correct and I will be punished'.

How am I the one not thinking outside the box when you believe one religion over a thousand others for no reason other than because it says to? And you believe in stupid contradictory philosophies because YOU can't think outside the box of what you've been taught.

And you shouldn't say evolution hasn't been proven when you don't know the half of it.

Quote:
theory...just of the top

...What? Fear, comfort, convenience, and lifestyle have not been proven?

Last edited by Lexi-Kon : 01-13-07 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-13-07, 06:16 PM   #28
GREVISS
Flyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
Okay, here's what i believe

The bible is a book of fairy tales, thats all they are...it's a book written by someone long before our time to try to convince people that they're way was the right way and if you dont believe that then your going to burn in the fiery pits of hell....well fuck that scientific evidence proves the theory of evolution, big bang happened....you really think someone got swallowed by a whale and survive to tell the tale.....do you believe that it was possible to put 2 of every species of every animal on the earth in a damn boat? no, the bible is lies so why would anyone believe in a religion that so fucking ludicrous?

to lex and mimesis... ...i was replying to that^^ the ludicrous part
and yes evolution does make sense to me mimesis, but its not
fact it is still a theory...here is my actual reply to this thread...

Old 01-13-07, 11:12 PM   #29
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP: 0825 899A

Macro evolution is a theory because no one has lived long enough to watch a species evolve.
Old 01-14-07, 01:09 AM   #30
Twisted Visions
New to RV

If any religion in the world is right it would be Buddhism it is the closes to perfect harmony then any religion, unlike christianity that has "televangelists" that solicit you for money to help "the church" christianity is a joke