RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-03, 03:52 AM   #16
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

IP: CFB3 F800

lmao . . . 50 is wack . . . period .
Old 06-06-03, 06:53 AM   #17
Bishman

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: FF58 BA2F

MInd theory and all the other haters, how is he wack?hes got a fucking record deal. And does anyone know where i can get power of the dollar?
Old 06-06-03, 12:22 PM   #18
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishman
MInd theory and all the other haters, how is he wack?hes got a fucking record deal.

So Nelly must be one of the dopest artists ever because he has a record deal. Ja Rule must be one Hell of an artist to have a record deal. Most mainstream artists are wack. Plain and simple. I don't hate 50 Cent because he is making millions of dollars, I hate him because he talks about the stupidest shit. I don't care if that's the way he grew up, the point of the matter is, that his lyrics are terrible.
They don't inspire you, they aren't thought provoking, they are simply terrible. He has a vocabulary of a third grader, and cannot come up with any thought provoking concepts.

A record deal doesn't mean shit. It just means that you know someone that's connected or you lucked out. Skill has nothing to do with having a record deal. Only reason he has one is because he is a black man from the hood who got shot, and spoke about the ghetto. I bet you Eminem signed him just to keep the illusion that every rapper is from the ghetto and talks about being a gangsta.

Last edited by MuhThugga : 06-06-03 at 10:34 PM.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-03, 01:00 PM   #19
Soul Theory
Dope Beats . . . period.

IP: CFB3 F800

thank you. well said.
Old 06-06-03, 01:25 PM   #20
Reno Starr

IP: F11D C4BA

They don't inspire you, they aren't thought provoking, they are simply terrible. He has a vocabulary of a third grader, and cannot come up with any thought provoking concepts.

^ That says it all, when i listen to/make my raps i attempt the thought provoking side of it all. Cause who cares who poped who the most, or who got shot hell that dont matter.
Old 06-06-03, 02:39 PM   #21
Atetrack define'

IP: 3FF9 C72A

hey ive been shot twice in riyahd...can i be real like 50...blah

fuck that...so what hes been shot hes rapping what he knows...good on him...he obviously dont know shit....evidence...the vocab and topics...why do alot of poplehate 50...nto because its gangsta,or that shes makign alot of money,they hate him cause his shits played out....its compleytly dead,noone but foolish commercial followers cares abotu clubs and shit like what is portrayted...thers alot more to this then jsut 50...the entire thing with the fake thug shit,the flashy pop idol lifestyle...thats the problem people have...not just cause hes 50,but because hes sold out...he used to be underground,his shit ws pretty good,i wasnt a fan but the shit i heard i didnt mind,now its different,its not 'real' any more...its fake commercial pop shit for the companies to cash in on...im not jealous cause he has money,lucky him...so what,i dont like 50 because his lyrics are garbage,his shit appeals to fake wigga thugs everywhere because of hte beat,its not even sounding like he tried to make it half decent,he just knew hed make money off label names and commercial appeal...thats why i hate 50...just caus eyou have millions doesnt mean your a dope emcee...fuck that idea.
Old 06-06-03, 02:51 PM   #22
Atetrack define'

IP: 3FF9 C72A

thankyou muhthugga...slapped sense into no brain commercial clowns ...

hes exactly right...the lyrics arent good.i have nothign against gangsta rap,nothing at all,i dont mind listenign to it ocassionally,but people have cashed in on it,and just listen tot he beats...ill shoot you dawg ,coz im fromthe hood yall...who gives a fuck...honestly...its all good if he lived that way,but at least make rap worth listening to...psh.

im suprised there arent meetings within communities and shit abotu how companies portray the lifestyle...they are basiclly saying black people live in ghettos and shoot peopleto live...wich may be true in some cases,but is also somehting that shouldnt be glamourized,noone makes songs about white serial killers and shit they dont glamourize that,noone makes songs about white people killign people....ina way these comapnies are being extremly racism and small minded...the underground is exactly the opposite,they show a listener that you can think beyond the square of somehting,people live lives that dont include guns and violence like hte industry portrays,they show the listener the real world,what they think about shit,what happens to them,good or bad...underground artists show people how to think,and promote thought and elevation,the encourage growth,not belittling societies into murders...if you think 50 is real good fo ryou,he prolly did do things he speaks about,it is probably his life he tlaks about,but why didnt he continue to do it,now hes jsut making shit up,talkign about pussy and cars nad bitches,clubs,glamourizing thugs making them look like somehting other people want to be to be cool...and it shuldnt be like that,ask any real thug and i bet hell tell you not to want to live a life like his,because its nothign like the television box...or the music mainstream artists produce to create easy money.
Old 06-06-03, 07:55 PM   #23
Av1r3x

IP: 4F14 0CD2

Quote:
fuck that...so what hes been shot hes rapping what he knows...good on him...he obviously dont know shit....evidence...the vocab and topics...why do alot of poplehate 50...nto because its gangsta,or that shes makign alot of money,they hate him cause his shits played out..

Thank UUUU AteTrack,wheneva u say sum1 iz wack here come tha herb groupies sayin "o u fuckin hataz,he got a deal u dont."50 jus maaadd played,to tell u tha truth he got his fame from dat beef w/Ja Rule (wanksta).Yall tha type of kids who be sayin G-g-g-g-g-g-unit and dont even know tha membaz...
Old 06-06-03, 09:29 PM   #24
Johnny 6-feet

Re: Why so much hate towards 50?

IP: 7C9F 2C4F

Quote:
Why does basically every1 on RB hate 50 cent?I think hes good, not the best but good. The thing that makes 50 better than alot of MC's in da game is dat hes been through wot he raps about and that makes a good MC.
So if u dont like 50 tell me why?

just because 50 has been through the shit he raps about doesnt make him a good rapper you fucktard. the life experience and a rap telling a story are two independant things.

50 is one of the weakest rappers lyrically ive ever seen. it'd take less effort to list the commercial rappers weaker than him than it would to list the stronger ones.

lil bow wow (barely worse)
lil romeo
afroman
bizarre

and thats all i can think of of the top of my head. the only reason hes gotten anywhere is that dre and em have basically pushed his "real gangsta" image so hard that people think they can get real insight by buying his records......which they can't.
Old 06-06-03, 09:49 PM   #25
DEL the funkee

IP: F72D FE5D

He's overatted......simple as that
Old 06-06-03, 11:40 PM   #26
G.Hod
AI

IP: 87B0 7F3F

Agreed, he's overrated.. But, not nearly to the level that everybody in this thread has taken it to.
Old 06-06-03, 11:49 PM   #27
Bash
BANNED for biting

Text Record: 18-8
Re: Why so much hate towards 50?

IP: D5F9 C4D2

Quote:
Why does basically every1 on RB hate 50 cent?I think hes good, not the best but good. The thing that makes 50 better than alot of MC's in da game is dat hes been through wot he raps about and that makes a good MC.
So if u dont like 50 tell me why?

^^^^^^50cent aint no emcee , because emcees dont rap bout Clubs and shit , second of all 50cent has no vocab , no wordplay , he spits out simple lyrics.............
Old 06-07-03, 03:00 AM   #28
DaviD WoRdplay

IP: 4B43 1085

Here's the thing about 50........

He's not a good MC

but he's a good rapper....... nahmean?
Old 06-07-03, 03:17 AM   #29
R-Cypher

IP: 6B14 EBF1

alrite not a comment but a question.... is it the rapper that chooses to be generic and whack after or is it because the produce tells them to do so in order to make money and cater for the "pop" mainstream kinda fans? Or is it because they just run out of things to say? bizarre really....
Old 06-07-03, 03:41 AM   #30
billy

IP: 8E0F 3C1C

aight

50 does have style but thats it......

i believe noone likes him because everyone says hes a great lyricist.....

he has NO lyrics.......there basic

then they compare him to tu pac.......

its wutever but he sucks lyrically.......

i can listen to him when i mdurnk at a party and be like yeah this is tight........

but if im tryin to listen for someone to inpsire me and someone who i listen to their lyrics and be like "whoa".......

its definatley not fifty.......

hes basicallly just a commercial rapper....

writin about wut the audience desires to hear.........

honestly everyones into the gangsta rap shit......

so they began to market him.......

and so here we are.......talkin bout him cause hes makin money and is being considered a great lyricsit......

its all business and makin money homie.....
anything in commercial is not art........

its money and who can make the most....