RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-03, 05:37 AM   #16
Dadi Kewl
-Merk Squad-

Text Record: 35-26
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 9B91 D0C6

Liquid Fm.....Word, its a london underground hip-hop station, and theres quite a few more in the U.K....

Werdizzle.
Old 10-02-03, 07:13 PM   #17
The Epidemik

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 4033 833B

uk has the idea but it most liely wont catch on here in the states.. mainstream that is....
Old 10-02-03, 07:20 PM   #18
Lethargic
Middle Weight

IP: 9DAE 3ADA

^are you the original Epi?
Old 10-02-03, 07:51 PM   #19
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

Text Record: 11-2
IP: C19C 7194

Well if you live by colleges sometimes you might catch a hip-hop segment on the college radio or something.....but for the most part the best way to go XM Radio or Sirius Sattalite Radio..you gota go to Best Buy and they'll hook that shit up...Some of the newer 2004 model cars are coming with then already....

BUt as far as the radio situation in the current state of hip-hop..this is a high and long mountain for poeple who love the culture to clime but I think it can be done with everybody understanding whats going on....

The music industry is a monoply to begin with..And its only like 4 REAL music companies that control EVERYTHING...BMG, Universal, Sony and I think Polygram..all of your favorite record companies work up under these powerhouses....for example....Shady/Aftermath is under Interscope which is under Universal...

Universal has the power and mucle and corporate power to get the artist under they label to get played on urban radio..ever wonder why when you travel somewhere and turn on the hip-hop station in another city and they playin THE SAME SONGS?..becasue really its all the same station..ITs only 2 major urban radio outlets...Clear Channel and Radio One..all of the urban and pop stations in every city is under either one of those two..So if Universal can PAY (notice I said PAY) Radio One enough money to play a 50 Cent record then you gonna hear it everywhere you go all the time..becasue they got cheese like that..and even though it's agaist ethics..the radio excepts payolla..I know first hand becasue I had an oppratunity to have a meeting with one of the Progran Directers of one of our urban stations 105.9..and he told be I gotta come up with $3200 for ONE SPIN!..so imagine how much regular rotation cost...so how is the underground indie and upstart gonna compete with that?..They got it set up to discourage you...So being dope as hell is only a fraction of the battle in getting commercial success....

...Cotdamn..that was alot of shit!...
..by the way reading is fundamental mu'fuckas......LoL...

Bang On The Table Productions

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 10-02-03 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 11:36 PM   #20
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2DF8 44D6

OKay...so then I'm going to start my own fucking radio staion and play nothing but Underground Hip-Hop........

The only way to get a song on the radio is to request it constantly......request request request.......
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-03, 02:40 PM   #21
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

IP: F5A9 36E7

^^^^^^That dosen't do any good if the song you request isn't on the playlist to begin with.....

IT doen't really matter how much a couple of poeple call up asked for a certain record if that record isn't on the radar scale of whats "hot" at the moment...those playlist are based on record pool, which is made up of the media, execs and local DJ's.....who are all tryna make money....

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 10-03-03 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-03-03, 04:51 PM   #22
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

Yeah I guess so.....
But there have to be some songs on the playlist...like Aesop Rock - Freeze, or Atmosphere - Cats Van Bags. Both of those albums have gotten a lot of publicity, and I believe those are songs released as singles.....

Guess you could always bring in an Underground record, hold a gun to the radio DJ's head and say, "Play. Now."
But that would be a last resort......
Old 10-04-03, 04:59 AM   #23
MultiVersEal
Banned: Compromised Account

Text Record: 3-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: D116 AECE

AFTER PARTYYYYY

i listen to the radio when im doin my homework. anybody that lives in dc, virginia or maryland and doesnt listen to 93.9 you deserve to be shot several times.

after party is fuckin hilarious and the cyphers are funny when wack dudes call up and theres this sample that plays its like you cant rap you cant rap dont ever try that shit again YOU SUCK

yeah!
Send a message via AIM to MultiVersEal   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-03, 12:34 AM   #24
Strategies
This is my first post!

Text Record: 6-12
IP: F5F1 AD8A

Yep, this shit is all about economy.Half of these rappers claim
to be role models,when they're brain washing these kids.It
deprives them of their knowledge,because some kids now
have trouble in school but when one of these songs like that
Khia song,"My Neck, My Back"comes on they know evey word
to it.

My description of this is sort of similar to D-Dizzle's because we're
both from Detroit, I don't personally know him but I understand
where he's coming from.There is another radio station similar to
105.9 and it's 97.9.Their theme is "Where Hip Hop Lives".Which
is some bullshit because there is some tight ass underground
artist that don't get involved rapping about material shit.A lot of
don't want a big rcord deal, they just want their voices to be
heard.

Shit is backwards now, if you ain't got bigbooty girls dancing in
your video, rapping about bling bling and killing somebody, or
being masaganistic towards women, you're wack.Cats now just
manipulate Hip Hop for personal gain, and then jump in front of
the T.V. flashing platinum chains.

Ayo just dropping my two cents.

.................................................. .One.............................................. .

Old 10-05-03, 01:39 AM   #25
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

The problem is that MTV and BET claim to play the good Hip-Hop and the artists all say the same. Even when you search on Yahoo for Underground shit....stuff that appears at the top mostly is stuff that says "Buy underground mix tapes of Eminem, 50 Cent, and Sheek Louche"

That way, kids think that these guys are the only good music out there, which is why they were signed from the underground because they were actually good. I would know....I used to be the same way. I knew that there was an underground, but thought that they were actually crappy and all of the good people were signed to Def Jam and such. Basically, if it wasn't MTV, I didn't listen to it.

Unfortunately it isn't about the music anymore....it's about selling an image. Politics are involved, money is involved, and just about every stereotype and prejudice is involved, too. For example, say El-P walks in for an audition for Making of the Band 3 with a trucker hat and cargo pants on, (Impossible, I know, but play along) and he performs Deep Space 9mm. Now some black man comes in after him dressed in untied Timberlands, a doo-rag, and baggy Fubu shit on, and spits a wack ass gangsta verse with horrible rhyme scheme and the worst delivery ever and provides a beat that a group of monkeys could have improved upon. Now who is going to get on? El-P or the gangsta black man?
The gangsta black man of course because he is portraying a gangsta image, and he is a black man. That is Hip-Hop Puffy says.

So that is what is played on MTV. And since their target audience looks for MTV to see what's new....they miss an entire part of Hip-Hop that is not a banger that people can dance to. People think Hip-Hop is black music, and ignore its diversity in every aspect of the word.

I don't know...I don't have a solution other than to get artist's names out there....but personally....even if Aesop Rock was on the radio I wouldn't listen to it.......

The radio is still notorious for playing shit out pretty damn quick....
Old 10-06-03, 12:14 PM   #26
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

IP: D65A D2DF

^^Look dog.... you gotta use your choise of words alittle better...and I guess didn't nobody eles say nothing becasue they don't feel like going back and forth wit yo ass..cuz learning from past events on this board that dosen't do any good....but if you white..you should know your histroy that talking about about blacks and "monkey" in the same vein is border line bigotry..How did 'black man' get into this convo anyway!?!?...You must not have been payin attention to the whole Rush Limbough/ Donovon McNabb thing, ha?.....I don't know if anybody eles caught that or what..but your shit is not even a accuarate anylysis to begin with.....you sounding ignorant as fuck.....

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 10-06-03 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 12:14 PM   #27
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

IP: D65A D2DF

***my bad I messed up and clicked the wrong button****

Old 10-06-03, 12:30 PM   #28
Lethargic
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally posted by D-Dizzle
^^Look dog.... you gotta use your choise of words alittle better...and I guess didn't nobody eles say nothing becasue they don't feel like going back and forth wit yo ass..cuz learning from past events on this board that dosen't do any good....but if you white..you should know your histroy that talking about about blacks and "monkey" in the same vein is border line bigotry..How did 'black man' get into this convo anyway!?!?...You must not have been payin attention to the whole Rush Limbough/ Donovon McNabb thing, ha?.....I don't know if anybody eles caught that or what..but your shit is not even a accuarate anylysis to begin with.....you sounding ignorant as fuck.....

Actually, you sound ignorant as fuck. He didn't even remotely connect black men with monkeys. You just saw them close together and went into some bullshit ass..."Omg, he must be a racist!" mode. Get the fuck over it. Believe it or not, not every white person in the world is a racist. We shouldn't have to rearrange our sentences, or watch which words we use in the same sentence together just so some little fuckface doesn't get offended on a bullshit notion. I'm tired of shit like that, it erks the fuck outta me. Get over it, he didn't mean it in that way. it's plain as day if you read his fuckin statement.....

People always tryin to start shit when there isn't shit to start.
Old 10-06-03, 05:13 PM   #29
D-Dizzle
Ya Mama's Favorite

IP: F7B2 4E81

^^^Well you call yourself calling me out about not reading shit.... when you didn't even do it yourself.....I didn't bring that shit up, he did, If you read what I said, I said "border line bigot"..I didn't call him a clear cut rasict..I even gave him the benifit of the dought that he wasn't even thinking like that....but in a real world if he woulda said that same comment around a mixed crowd..he woulda rubbed cats the wrong way.....and I thought him even using that examaple was unessasary...so I was bringing it to his attention...

YOU on the other hand.... just took my shit out of context and read a couple sentences and try your little attempt to "call me out"....being that I didn't bring the whole color thing in it..... but all you saw was me getting at him and felt it was your "duty"..to I gues call yourself setting me str8..... its comical that your 2 cents isn't worth anything.. but I guess it'll be worth more when your famous, ha?.....

..IT's a reason why you were made have 2 ears and one mouth, nephew...
so you can fuckin' LISTEN twice as much as you TALK......

Last edited by D-Dizzle : 10-06-03 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-06-03, 06:44 PM   #30
Lethargic
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally posted by D-Dizzle
you sounding ignorant as fuck.....

You call that giving him the benefit of the doubt? I even left out a couple more highlights, just because this is the one that pushed it over the edge. For one...black men and monkey weren't even remotely directly referring to each other. Me calling you out on that made you realize that. Especially since I directly pointed it out in my post. Seeing that you tripped up/were wrong. You decided to try and make me look like the asshole in the situation with a much lower tone post directed at me in an attempt to make me look like the person who jumped to assumptions. I didn't jump to assumptions, I read your entire post, and posted my thoughts accordingly. I couldn't give a shit if you didn't like my 2 cents on the situation. It's not about whether you cared or not. It's an attempt to make you look at yourself before you decide calling other people out. I know your rebuttal already. "Well, look at you calling me out etc." True, I am calling you out...but that's only because you tried to call someone out who didn't deserve it....someone who probably won't even step back in this thread. On top of that you couldn't even steadfast your pathetic attempt to diss me. Check yourself...then call someone else out on their faults.